Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sega Ages

• 20-02-2004 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭

Has anybody heard anything about "Sega Ages". I get the impression that it is when they release old games for example "Sega Ages:Streets of Rage". I only saw something briefly about it. Does anyone know anything about this?Or did I just misread or misunderstand this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

sega ages was the name given to the three in one retro packs that were released with the saturn.
    the first one had outrun, space harrier and afterburner.
    there was a second pack that never made it to europe.

its also the name of a new set of updates for the playstation 2
    its the sega ages 2500 series

Volumes 1,-5 in the series, are Phantasy Star Generation 1, Monaco GP, Fantasy Zone, Space Harrier and Golden Axe

the next one is Sega Ages: After Burner due for a japanese release in March 2004.

lord only knows if they'll get a european release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

From what I've heard they are a very mixed bunch of games.

Monaco GP is the best of the first bunch. Very playable indeed.

Phantasy Star is passable but not great. The graphic design isn't very appealing and the rearranged music isn't much cop.

Golden Axe and Space Harrier are both pretty awful. They sport ugly 3d graphics and don't retain the playability of their originals.

Fantasy Zone is supposed to be pretty good.

And I'm told Gain Ground is a disaster. I don't see how they managed that as it was a really ugly and innaccessable game to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy

Golden Axe and Space Harrier are both pretty awful. They sport ugly 3d graphics and don't retain the playability of their originals.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sacrelige!!!
    Those were two of the first ever games i played and fell in love with :(

Advertisement