Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Last season I was very much I could just stop watching now.

This season, I'm not far off that still. Some nice action but it's feeling a bit jaded to me, return to an earlier Arrow but nothing screaming yet that I have to keep watching. Early days though so I'll give it a bit longer to shape up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They said that this is the last season of flashbacks (in their current form anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lauracleary

Must Start Watching this I'm clearly missing a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought the guy attacked at the end was crooked from the way he looked at Ollie near the beginning.

The whole thing with Church holding the hostages was strange. Ollie managed to get away, have a bit of a shoot out just above the hostages, leave the building, go recruiting and get back without Church even noticing? Or are we to think he didn't care?

Bit of a strange payoff with Ollie's promise to Laurel. It's like they filmed that scene then just decided later what she actually said.

Any thoughts as to who the other potential team members in the screens were?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Was wondering about Church myself until he mentioned Bludhaven... Nightwing intro anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »

Any thoughts as to who the other potential team members in the screens were?

From casting news I know that the person with the goggles is
    Vigilante
    and from promos the new team members are
    Mad Dog, Artemis (Black Canary copycat from last season), Mister Terrific
    at first and then
    Ragman

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I found this weeks episode very average and weak even for Arrow.

Ragman was good I will say.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cody Rhodes
    to appear in next weeks episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I found this weeks episode very average and weak even for Arrow.

Definitely not as promising as the season premiere, but this episode really served to re-establish a status quo and get Oliver in the right headspace to take on a new team and set everything in motion, which I think it managed to pull off and still keeps me hopeful for the season as a whole.

Thought the team was formed too quickly. We've only glimpsed Wild Dog before now and mini Canary was in 1 episode where she wasn't the best. I know they did their research beforhand but to viewers it's very sudden. Look how long it took each of the original team members to join up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

From casting news I know that the person with the goggles is
    Vigilante
    and from promos the new team members are
    Mad Dog, Artemis (Black Canary copycat from last season), Mister Terrific
    at first and then
    Ragman
    I don't think she will become the black canary that will either be earth 2 Laurel or if Sara has her way the earth 1 Laurel and before anyone panics it will NOT BE FELICITY

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought the team was formed too quickly. We've only glimpsed Wild Dog before now and mini Canary was in 1 episode where she wasn't the best. I know they did their research beforhand but to viewers it's very sudden. Look how long it took each of the original team members to join up

I it was a bit quick expected maybe 1 in episode like
    Mr Terrific
    or
    Ragman
    due to how he was in the episode
    but not Wild Dog been mad due to the arrow in the leg business or the other one forgot her name
    Hope they have different costimes and not wear the costumes in the lair.
    What will Curtis wear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

How long does it take to heal a leg after an arrow goes through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Monotype wrote: »
    How long does it take to heal a leg after an arrow goes through it?

Going by show logic, just a week apparently :pac:

In real life, well that's anyone's guess really.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Going by show logic, just a week apparently :pac:

In real life, well that's anyone's guess really.

Well he did say put ice and keep it up so maybe it was not as bad as a full arrow into the leg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

At least he didn't get an arrow in the knee, we'd never hear the end of it.

A middle of the road episode, but moves things along nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mr E wrote: »
    They said that this is the last season of flashbacks (in their current form anyway)

Best news ever.
    Taltos wrote: »
    Was wondering about Church myself until he mentioned Bludhaven... Nightwing intro anyone??

Nah, they've been namechecking Bludhaven since season one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh man!
    He is gonna get wrecked!!!
    :eek:

Having Cutty from the Wire as a baddie really works. That guy is just so intimidating!!!:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Much better episode this week although it did have me asking myself 2 questions

1) like with Laurel back when she was terrible at fighting, why is "Mr Terrific" on the team? he really isn't that good at being a Vigilante.

I guess you could say the same for Artemis but she at least follows orders and hasn't been shown to be screwing up unlike the others... Ragman is leagues above the others as an asset.

2) When exactly did Felicity become a biatch who just gives people sh!t over their decisions (ok I know people have felt this way for ages but its something the writers just keep doing).

In general though it was a better episode as said.

I vote they leave Wild Dog there.

And we had to believe Thea learned her skills over a few months and she was trained one to one by Malcolm. Now we're expected to believe Artemis is now trained enough with a bow and arrow to use it in the field even though we've never seen her even look at a bow before now. Of course now she just carries the bow and doesn't actually use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mr E wrote: »

They will time jump at the end of this season. I'm almost positive. A "Four years later" type of thing will happen. This will give them new flashback storylines to go through.

End of this season will be Ollie saying "We have to go back to the island!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Kirby wrote: »
    They will time jump at the end of this season. I'm almost positive. A "Four years later" type of thing will happen. This will give them new flashback storylines to go through.

Remember to come back to this later. Could be spot on. It would also help Flash get to the point in the newspaper article he sees in season one.

Casting News
    Lexa Doig to play Talia Al Ghul
    in recurring role

Tvline

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really cool guest hero this week.

It reminded me how much I loved Human Target and what a great little show that was just a pity it wasn't Mark Valley's version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Any chance Billy Malone is
    Billy Wintergreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I really hate the way all the police extras end up dead seriously is there any police force left in the city and why would you want a job as one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

*admits*
    they had me for a bit with Oliver being killed.. I had.. momentary.. feels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Oliver mentioned felicity being shot in the shoulder. when did that happen cause i have no memory of it.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Oliver mentioned felicity being shot in the shoulder. when did that happen cause i have no memory of it.

It was in Season 2 when she took a bullet for Sara when they were up against the Clock King

Advertisement