Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favorite Song

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Britney Spears- Sometimes or Jessica Simpson "These boots are made for walking"

Ah no, I kid, just thought Id raise some eyebrows seeing as everyone seems to be hardcore rockers aorund here!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Britney Spears' song "Everytime" was actually turned into a very commendable performance by The Frames. I've even added it to my own singing repertoire. :)

"Sometimes", however, was awful! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭magicass

Hold me now , Johnny logan absolute classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Can't get enough of Your Hand in Mine (with strings) by Explosions in the Sky lately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Not my all-time favourite, but right now I'm loving "We Carry On" by Portishead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Stev_o wrote: »

Mneh, I dont really get the point of noodlely guitar music tbh.

I could listen to this, but then I could listen to Van Halen which is just as pointlessly noodlely but badass at the same time......

(Not a big Van Halen fan either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I don't think you can compare Andy Mckee and Van Halen. They're completely different, and there's something to Mckee's music, it doesn't feel as shallow as Van Halen or other guitar-**** bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Fad wrote: »
    Mneh, I dont really get the point of noodlely guitar music tbh.

I could listen to this, but then I could listen to Van Halen which is just as pointlessly noodlely but badass at the same time......

(Not a big Van Halen fan either!)

Difference being Mckee has feeling Eddie has a brain that thinks "Play more notes with tapping"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

About 5 years ago it would of been Blink 182-Carousel!

But I reckon now...there's so many, but Dire Straits-Romeo and Juilette is brill!

New Order-Blue Monday is a great song too, and Love will tear us apart by Joy Division

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Tenley Poor Resistance

Favourite changes constantly, but Peaceful The World Lays Me Down by Noah and The Whale is the current title holder (actually that'd fit pretty well in the angst thread as well)

Timans wrote: »
    I don't think you can compare Andy Mckee and Van Halen. They're completely different, and there's something to Mckee's music, it doesn't feel as shallow as Van Halen or other guitar-**** bands.

I think its just kinda wanky acoustic tbh

Its grand, in small doses anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Currently

Muse - Fury, epic song, can't believe its a b-side

Tori Amos - Winter, cant believe I had all her stuff on my mp3 player for years
    and I only started listening to it about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

i'm going through a soppy moment(brother's anniversary) downloading all those sad songs like:

the fray -how to save a life(helped me a lot)

rufus wainwright - hallelujah(the one from shrek)

green day - good riddance

but give me a week and i'll be back to my ""acquired taste"" of music

BTW ultimate song(s) is linkin park -shadow of the day/numb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

snow patrol-open your eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Johnny Cash -Hurt
    (I know it's a cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Nude-Radiohead.

It'll probably change but for the last year its the one I keep going back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

hard to say! depends on the mood!
    Johny cash is an absolute legend though!
    Id put this down as nearly being my favourite - Country boy can survive - Hank wiliams.

This week was brought to me by: Alive With the Glory of Love, by Say Anything. Just too catchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

More Than Words

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

laura izibor-shine

cautioner wrote: »
    This week was brought to me by: Alive With the Glory of Love, by Say Anything. Just too catchy.

Its amazing isnt it?

Lyrics are a bit odd though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

"Can't Help It" by Cathy Davey has been my favourite song for about two years now (basically since I first heard it).

I've had a different favourite song every month since I can remember, and it's always been something by either some massive artist that would come and play in front of 20,000 people, where you'd pay €70 to be squashed; either that or it was by someone who was dead.

However I saw Cathy playing live to about 200 people a few weeks back. She played that song and I was just bowled over. I went up afterwards and said a quick thanks for playing my favourite song. It was like a musical wet dream! :D

Its amazing isnt it?

Lyrics are a bit odd though.....

I'm loving In Defence of the Genre lately. No Soul = bipolar disorder in music form. Brilliant.

I'm loving In Defence of the Genre lately. No Soul = bipolar disorder in music form. Brilliant.

I got it two Novembers ago in America as a present, first off not realising it was a double album, and second of all not realising its sooooooo good, needless to say, I kept it.

Like 15 dollars for 2CDs of catchy like AIDs music:pac:

Yeah, I got it months ago, but have only gotten into it properly in the last couple of weeks :pac:
    Do you have ...Is a Real Boy? I only have a couple of tunes from it.

Yeah, I got it months ago, but have only gotten into it properly in the last couple of weeks :pac:
    Do you have ...Is a Real Boy? I only have a couple of tunes from it.

I dont have an actual CD of it yet, doesnt seem to be available here (for a resonable price anyway, that said I havent checked)

Alive With The Glory of Love came on a CD with Kerrang! and I was looking for the CD for ages, couldnt find it after months of looking, so I stole it of the internet, along with .......Was a Real Boy.

One day I will get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I dont have an actual CD of it yet, doesnt seem to be available here (for a resonable price anyway, that said I havent checked)

Alive With The Glory of Love came on a CD with Kerrang! and I was looking for the CD for ages, couldnt find it after months of looking, so I stole it of the internet, along with .......Was a Real Boy.

One day I will get it :D
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3034434/Say-Anything-Is-A-Real-Boy/Product.html

Quite Reasonable!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Recently its been
    InhaleExhale - Miracle Bell

But of all time I couldn't pick one out

Advertisement