Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hairdresser dilemma

Options
  • 08-09-2014 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I went to a hairdresser in Dublin on Thurs to go from highlighted blonde to light brown.
    I now have ginger roots and brown'ish length.
    It looks terrible.
    Every morning I get up it seems to look worse.
    Should I go back and ask them to fix it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I had a colour disaster a few years ago. I got blonde highlights as I had been getting for about 10 years but they were put in terribly. They were really stripey and uniform so I looked like a zebra! It was awful. I went straight back in and they attempted to 'fix' it but it was as bad leaving. I ended up wearing a hat everyday for a week (honestly!) before going to a different hairdressers and dying it dark brown.

It honestly took about a year to get it back to the blonde I wanted. I found an amazing colourist in a hairdressers locally who I now go to all of the time. Yours would be easier to fix I'd imagine as you want it brown. Where are you based? If you're in Dublin/Meath I can PM you the details of the hairdresser who fixed my hair in the end. She's really great.

Good luck. Hope you get sorted. It's a horrible feeling and you feel like everyone is looking at your head (which they're not honestly :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I had a colour disaster a few years ago. I got blonde highlights as I had been getting for about 10 years but they were put in terribly. They were really stripey and uniform so I looked like a zebra! It was awful. I went straight back in and they attempted to 'fix' it but it was as bad leaving. I ended up wearing a hat everyday for a week (honestly!) before going to a different hairdressers and dying it dark brown.

It honestly took about a year to get it back to the blonde I wanted. I found an amazing colourist in a hairdressers locally who I now go to all of the time. Yours would be easier to fix I'd imagine as you want it brown. Where are you based? If you're in Dublin/Meath I can PM you the details of the hairdresser who fixed my hair in the end. She's really great.

Good luck. Hope you get sorted. It's a horrible feeling and you feel like everyone is looking at your head (which they're not honestly :D)

Yes please!!
    Though my problem is just a colour so realistically another colour should fix my roots from original hairdresser. I paid €70 for the colour and cut so don't really want to spend another €70 when I shouldn't have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Oh yeah defo try and get the original hairdresser to fix it free of charge. If nothing else they should see the mistake and maybe the hairdresser needs some additional training or something. If you don't get any joy (or for your next appointment) I'll PM you my hairdressers details

Oh yeah defo try and get the original hairdresser to fix it free of charge. If nothing else they should see the mistake and maybe the hairdresser needs some additional training or something. If you don't get any joy (or for your next appointment) I'll PM you my hairdressers details

Cheers. I have a feeling that she will say that I naturally have red tones in my hair and it can't be helped. My hair is two different colours though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Ring them and explain the problem. Ask her when is she free to fix the problem for you. If she tries to tell you that it's your hairs fault then ask for the manager to have a look instead. Tell them you didnt ask for the two tone look and you want it fixed or your money back. If it's that bad they really cant argue with you.

• Advertisement

I rang them last week and they said to come in today and they would fix it..

They put peroxide in my hair at the roots (it burned terribly, I told them and they said 'That's natural' then put a hair dye over it..
    They put the hair dye on while I was at the sink so I didn't get to see the awful colour the peroxide turned half my head..
    My scalp feels so tight now after it, like I'm wearing a swimming cap..

My hair still looks terrible, two different colours. Now it's lighter at the top and darker at the bottom :(

Do I have the right to go in and ask for my money back to go elsewhere..
    Or should I just cut my losses and go to someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Lunaarli wrote: »
    Do I have the right to go in and ask for my money back to go elsewhere..

I don't think you do. You examined the results of the service provided before paying for it.

If you look on this site under the "if things go wrong" section.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

Most hairdressers would have no problem trying to correct the issue even tho they don't have to because it will give them a bad name if they don't. I'm not sure about refunds tho, it's certainly worth asking but I don't think you have any comeback if they refuse.

I don't think you do. You examined the results of the service provided before paying for it.

If you look on this site under the "if things go wrong" section.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

Most hairdressers would have no problem trying to correct the issue even tho they don't have to because it will give them a bad name if they don't. I'm not sure about refunds tho, it's certainly worth asking but I don't think you have any comeback if they refuse.

The annoying thing is that you can't see it properly in the hairdresser light!
    Oh well... off I go to another hairdresser in the hope that they can fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Lunaarli wrote: »
    The annoying thing is that you can't see it properly in the hairdresser light!
    Oh well... off I go to another hairdresser in the hope that they can fix it!

If you can reasonably make the case that you cannot see the error in the hairdresser light then you have a case. There is certainly no harm in asking, the worst they'll say is no. At that point your only come back is the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I would go back and make it clear you are not happy and want it sorted once and for all or your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sparkleboxx

Hi, I had the same kind of problem. I wanted to go from blonde to light brown but ended up with orangey ginger hair! Do you think putting a box dye on top of it would completely ruin it?

Advertisement