Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

MyNanoh wrote: »
    That's cool, but I don't understand the purpose of playing 3D games in 2D.
    There's no new experience, it's just like a regression.

It is called a budget, Well I can but a 2ds and ay my bills or I can buy a 3 ds and not eat for a week/pay rent/have electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MyNanoh

It is called a budget, Well I can but a 2ds and ay my bills or I can buy a 3 ds and not eat for a week/pay rent/have electricity

Yes but beside the money part? (;
    As a student, I completly understand how complicated it could be to buy something.
    But as a gamer, I don't see the purpose (once again, besides the money part)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

After completing White I traded in my DSi and got a 2nd hand 3DS (€140 minus what I got for the DSi) to play X on, even though I can't see 3D images, just because I prefer the clamshell design over the slate design of the 2DS (€120 new)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

1. I find it annoying because you have to the the 3DS a certain way.
    2. 3D doesn't work well with me anyway.
    3. The battery life is poor enough with the 3D turned off.
    4. I wish this 3D phase would just die.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That's the whole point of the 2DS. It's a budget version as the 3DS isn't exactly cheap. If it was only the 3DS, I likely would have missed out on X and Y. The 2DS price I was able to justify.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

New mega, and a little glimpse of the gyms as well. The stuff with Pikachu kinda creeps me out a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

Angron wrote: »

New mega, and a little glimpse of the gyms as well. The stuff with Pikachu kinda creeps me out a bit though.

I'm so glad they put secret bases into the game, they were one of the best things about R/S/E

Ciaran511 wrote: »
    I'm so glad they put secret bases into the game, they were one of the best things about R/S/E

They must be worse than I remember if secret bases were one of the best things about it.

That and contests. What a massive waste of time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yes, how dare someone like something you didn't.

Yes, how dare someone like something you didn't.

Exactly! :D

• Advertisement

Three new megas unveiled in Corocoro. Salamence gets one, staying Dragon/Flying but getting Aerilate as an ability, Altaria becomes Dragon/Fairy and gets Pixilate, and then (for some unknown reason) they've given Lopunny one that becomes Normal/Fighting and gets Scrappy.

corocoro-1.jpg
    corocoro-2.jpg
    corocoro-3.jpg

Did salamence lose his front legs?

He just decided to become a jet. I think the front legs are still there though, looks like they are tucked in behind the white... Shell thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I remember Salamence being my second ever Level 100 Pokemon. :D

I'm pretty sick of Mega's already. Would much rather an actual evolution for anyone that isn't already at their third stage. Absol would have loved an actual evolution.

Yeah, when they gave a bunch of older pokémon evos in gen 4 like Magmar and Electabuzz seemed like a good time to give it an evo. It has a lower base stat total than those two, so it's not like it would have made an evolution impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I do not understand why Lopunny gets a Mega. A mid stage evolution would have made such more sense.

Video of Mega Salamence, Lopunny, and Altaria, some stuff about contests, and the cosplaying Pikachu.

And two more mega evos

Salamence has all of his legs. That's good.

Anyone know when we can expect to see preorder bonuses?

I dunno if they do pre-order bonuses for pokémon games, it's not something I've ever noticed for them. Closest was the event Torchic released for X and Y at the start.

• Advertisement

I dunno if they do pre-order bonuses for pokémon games, it's not something I've ever noticed for them. Closest was the event Torchic released for X and Y at the start.

Heart gold and soul silver had statues, x and y had pokeball game holders.

I don't remember the statues, but weren't the game holders in Game which aren't in the Republic any more?

I don't remember the statues, but weren't the game holders in Game which aren't in the Republic any more?

I think so. I preordered them from game.co.UK anyway.

Ah, fair enough. Maybe they'll get something again so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

HMV did DS pouches for HG/SS on release too. I don't recall anything for X/Y but I think game in the UK did something?

Mega Audino. Just why?

Haven't a bloody clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Mega Audino. Just why?

My guess is that they've done research and young girls like Audino!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Seen Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro a few days ago. Slowbro looks terrible.

• Advertisement

Seen Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro a few days ago. Slowbro looks terrible.
    Yeah, there was a few pics saying they were leaked, but cause it wasn't Corocoro scans or anything I didn't post them.

Advertisement