Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Was I right?

• 18-05-2013 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Last week I was parking in a built up area where discs are required. I spotted a space outside a house that was lacking a sign saying discs were required but there were cones there. I decided to move the cones so I could park for free.

As I was getting out of the car there was a man of about sixty years of age came out of the house and started effing and blinding at me. I waited until he stopped before asking him was that his way of asking me to please move my car. He then asked me will you please move the car. As politely as I could i told him that he didn't own the road and i was perfectly entitled to park there so I wasn't going to move it. He gave me another dose of profanities so I told him to go **** himself and walked away without moving the car.

I think I handled the situation perfectly and wouldn't change any of what I did. What does anyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

+1 to you good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

motors forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I would have burned your car out while you were gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

maybe he was saving the space for a VIP.fair play to ya tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Brave. Ya could have come back to a car with CÚNT written across the bonnet in red paint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

You should scent the parking space with your urine op. That'll keep others from parking there while you are away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

You should have kicked him in the bollocks, stormed into his house, raped his wife and kids, then made off with the safe and the jewellery, then for good measure left the scene with the antagonist's head perched upon the estate agents 'For Sale' signpost.

Oh yeah, don't forget to drive off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Was there a safe in the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Fcuk that old bastard, that's what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Maybe he was expecting a visit from a frail relative, he reserved the spot so that said frail relative would only have to walk the minimum distance between the car and the house.

When said frail relative arrived the spot was no longer there resulting in the frail relative having to park on the other side of the street and a couple of hundred meters down the road. Sadly, frail relative died in their epic journey back to the house, they tripped on a dodgy paving stone and no-one was nearby to help them up.

Well done you.

Seriously though you were both probably wrong, the guy shouldn't have instantly gone into rant mode. On the other hand perhaps he had a valid reason for reserving the spot (see above) and had been chasing people out of it all day hence the ranting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Hang on a friggin min, are you sure the cones weren't out because he was expecting a man to come around to break into the safe he found while doing up house...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I train my cat to defecate on car bonnets for exactly this eventuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

pat_cork wrote: »
    I spotted a space outside a house that was lacking a sign saying discs were required but there were cones there. I decided to move the cones so I could park for free.

It was probably the space outside his home. What you did was rude and ignorant but you know that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Oh jeepers OP,was that you.

I know that man.He put the cones up so it would be easier for the Ambulance to park outside the house when they arrived to take his terminally sick wife to the hospital.

Everyone was saying afterwards who was that horrible cruel ba$tard who parked his car there and gave him grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

dd972 wrote: »
    You should have kicked him in the bollocks, stormed into his house, raped his wife and kids, then made off with the safe and the jewellery, then for good measure left the scene with the antagonist's head perched upon the estate agents 'For Sale' signpost.

I second this, seems like the only option really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Safe to say safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

i hope you do this outside my home one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

i hope you do this outside my home one day

Internet forum fightin' talk, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

Internet forum fightin' talk, brilliant.

It's on!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Maybe he was expecting a visit from a frail relative, he reserved the spot so that said frail relative would only have to walk the minimum distance between the car and the house.

When said frail relative arrived the spot was no longer there resulting in the frail relative having to park on the other side of the street and a couple of hundred meters down the road. Sadly, frail relative died in their epic journey back to the house, they tripped on a dodgy paving stone and no-one was nearby to help them up.

Well done you.

Seriously though you were both probably wrong, the guy shouldn't have instantly gone into rant mode. On the other hand perhaps he had a valid reason for reserving the spot (see above) and had been chasing people out of it all day hence the ranting.

Epic frail :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I would have kicked you in the nuts and then put cones around you as you lay in agony.

Advertisement