Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I don't think HD would come on that quick. Odd that she could then trot around the garden.

Fingers and paws crossed for her, hope it is just something minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

ISDW wrote: »
    I don't think HD would come on that quick. Odd that she could then trot around the garden.

Fingers and paws crossed for her, hope it is just something minor.

That's what I thought but know very little about it. Hoping she'll be ok. Horrible seeing her in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OK..firstly this will freak you out so sorry but our hydro guy lost one of his dogs to bloat a while back and it started with the dog being out of sorts like that, snapping at the other dogs a few days before it actually happened. Lexi's raw fed anyways so doubt bloat would be a worry at all but it just reminded me of what he said. Bailey has hurt himself a few times and like that he'll be sore and lame and in the blink of an eye ok again so she might have just pulled something? Or how about her AG's? He was acting out of sorts before Xmas and his tail went limp and he was very tender - wouldn't get up of the couch either and jumped sky high when somebody brushed by him... Thought it might be AG's and it was so back to normal the day after going to the vets thank god.

I dunno TK she hasn't been walked since yesterday morning and I fed her after. Can it be caused by feeding after a walk? I thought it was just before. I did feed her straight after the walk as we were in OHs parents house they aren't dog people and I had to crate her all the time we were there.

Don't think its AG she's has never had a problem with them and the raw should sort that? Gonna go read up on bloat. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Nobody knows exactly what causes bloat, loads of theories, but no definitive answer. However, I thought you were meant to rest dogs before and after exercise.

Is she licking her lips at all, what is her stomach like?

• Advertisement

I rang the vet as I was getting freaked out. She said if she starts to try to vomit or gets the runs to bring her in tonight and if not bring her in tomorrow. She doesn't think its bloat or something stuck as she's eating and going to the toilet normally. Her stomach doesn't look swollen but will bring her upstairs tonight so I can keep an eye on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Is she letting you handle her D? If she has a sore muscle or tendon maybe in her leg or back that Oz banged off or walked over it might explain the snap. How is she with letting you touch her legs or her hind area?

Like the vet says, if she's eating and drinking it may well not be an internal problem (touch wood) but you never know until the vet gives her a thorough examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Fingers crossed she just twinged something and it can be easily sorted.

Also she might be fine with you touching a sore leg so it mightn't be obvious she's pulled something etc. Bailey stopped in his tracks today and held his paw out to us and we couldnt see anthing wrong but he stopped walking a few times holding it up so we got worried..... until he ran off after his friend lol!

While I'm telling on him - OMFG he outdid himself yesterday rolling in what I assume was fox poo in the park... took him to the lake/pond to get him to jump in and wash most of it off but every few seconds the smell hit us on the way down and even after him swimming around I still had to bag his collar and harness when we got to the car and scrub him twice when we go home - and could still smell it lol!! Even his medal on his collar was covered lol! Sakes!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Himself took our pair & a visiting dog into the fields behind the house today. We've been able to walk through them the past couple of weeks with the dry weather and Coco is in her element - if anything she prefers the fields to the beach as she can sniff out birds. One of her favorite things to do is dip her belly in puddles - or in the case of the fields, tractor tracks and dips that are submerged - to cool down and hide her scent. Benson tends only to walk in puddles if he needs a drink!

He rang me from the fields to tell me that Coco ran into a puddle but it turned out to be deeper than her! She was completely submerged and had to swim out! She was NOT expecting it and got a bit of a shock, as did he! Turns out the farmer had been in the fields a couple of days ago, digging drainage trenches to try and help the surface water drain away so she must have run into one of the trenches.

Completely off topic, I am fairly useless with new technology and had to get a new phone yesterday. My trusty reliable 2yr old brick that was the slowest smartphone in the western world finally had enough and now I have to learn how to use something new:o.

• Advertisement

BLM she doesn't seem sore on her legs but whimpers when I touch her stomach. She is upstairs now in her crate beside the bed. She didn't cry when I brought her outside but she's not herself, so quiet. Am gonna ring work and let them know I'll be late and bring her straight in at 8:30. Thanks everyone xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Aww, hope she's ok Tilly girl.

Just fed some left overs to my daughters pet rats, there were a few peas and lily can fit 3 in her mouth! Little pig ran off trying to hold another in her paw! :)

She's a lot better this morning Mymo thanks. Waiting outside the vets now anyway best to get her checked.

The vet could hear creaking in both knees so she is on anti inflammatories and back for xrays on Friday. She is so much better this morning, such a difference from last night. Thanks again everyone for your help and concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

@TillyGirl - Glad to hear Lexi is doing better. I always imagine the worst when there's something wrong with one of mine. Those are the times when I really wish they could talk!

I'm getting chickens!!! :):o I've been wanting to do it for years, but I was always worried about leaving them alone with the dogs while I'm at work. The dogs are in a very secure run now though and I'm going to get an equally secure run built for the hens. I just need to run it by my next door neighbours to make sure they don't object and then I'll be getting the ball rolling. SO EXCITED.

Glad Lexie is feeling better!

Anyhoos chickens could be risky now that the dogs have 'the taste of blood' lol :p;) thought I'd get in with that old wives tail first lol!

Ah guys I really want another dog! Think it'd be great for Bailey to have company and might (but its fine if it doesn't) make him less clingy with me!
    I feel more confident with training etc but don't know if I'm seeing it thru rose tinted glasses lol! Spent ages on YouTube the other day looking at videos of puppies! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

tk123 wrote: »
    Anyhoos chickens could be risky now that the dogs have 'the taste of blood' lol :p;) thought I'd get in with that old wives tail first lol!

Oh laws, I forgot about that!! :eek: :eek: :D

Getting a second dog was the best thing I ever did, however I'm very jealous whenever people post that the second dog doesn't add much work. Maybe it was just me, but Henry added about 3 times the amount of work as I had to walk them separately, train them separately etc. for a long time. It's different now that he's grown up though and he and Jess are best buds.

Oh laws, I forgot about that!! :eek: :eek: :D

Getting a second dog was the best thing I ever did, however I'm very jealous whenever people post that the second dog doesn't add much work. Maybe it was just me, but Henry added about 3 times the amount of work as I had to walk them separately, train them separately etc. for a long time. It's different now that he's grown up though and he and Jess are best buds.

That's what has me wondering - Bailey is afraid of lots of different things - how long I wonder would I need to walk them separately to make sure the pup doesn't get afraid of the same things?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Tk, I gave into my broodiness, now you have to follow my example :P I just found a pet shop that sells applaws so I decided to buy a few cans to see if my cats like it before buying it in bulk!

Tk, I gave into my broodiness, now you have to follow my example :P

Oh he was very bold this evening in the park - jumped in the river after bread and wouldn't come back to me!! Has me stressed out now - don't know if my nerves could handle another one lol! :p

• Advertisement

I just noticed that Zapperzy is gone from the mods list, I know she hasn't posted here in ages, does anyone know is she alright?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I just noticed that Zapperzy is gone from the mods list, I know she hasn't posted here in ages, does anyone know is she alright?!
    Yep, life just got busy for her so she thought it best off to step down as a Mod ;)

Oh that's okay, I was just worried about her!

Hurt my shoulder few weeks back and still very painful, so today went back to doctor and he's injected the joint, which hurts like hell, I swear I felt the needle hit bone (ewwwww)
    Felt ok so I went and gave Tiffi a hair cut, mostly one handed, she looks ok, but boy am I sorry now!
    Sitting here with heat pad on shoulder afraid to move, and I tried sleeping but I hurts too much.
    Feeling stupid and sorry for myself now.
    But I'm surrounded by love, 2 dogs and 2 cats, was three but Toby left, all snuggled on sofa.
    My daughter has gone to her room as she says I'm a bad patient and she won't make me more tea!

My cat's titles just got confirmed by TICA from the last show and I got their certificates! :D

GRMC_zpsf4db9490.png

GMP_zpsdaf0b83a.png

That's so cool!
    Congrats grand master cream, and grand master peach!

Mouse has made her first kill today, poor little bird, she ran in and jumped on the sofa beside daughters head!
    She screamed a lot, poor Mouse was all happy and purry and proud, then ran away.

My attempts to clear the overgrown ditch caused shoulder injury, and birds are using it now. We keep cats in at dawn and dusk, and when we're out or at night, but can't stop birds landing in the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I suspect it won't be long before Jazzy gets one of the blue tits that keep taunting him in the back garden. It sits on things making noises at him. It honestly looks like its trying to wind him up and the look on his face is priceless. Its not so much stalking as fury. It tos and fros from dawn til about 9pm and makes a hell of a racket. It can only be a matter of time before he gets it.

He was so focused on it this afternoon that he didn't even notice Felix trying to intimidate him. Felix is bigger and likes to use his size to make Jazzy run so he can chase him:rolleyes: Anyway it took a good 5 minutes of Felix giving it his best shot while Jazzy was oblivious to it before he ran under the kitchen table. Felix had been making pretend biting faces at him and doing the sidling thing like a crab, that usually gets him running. In the end Felix was sniffing around Jazzy almost as if he was confused and wondering if it was a different cat:D

We've now come to the stage where all 3 cats can happily stay in the same room as us with only growling when Dude decides to spring a surprise attack on the big cats! But Cream now has decided that he is a threat to his manhood and keeps spraying everywhere :(

Oh no!
    Thank god that never happened here, although we still have the odd growl.
    Wash down with warm water and bio washing powder, only thing that works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I was "off" today lads and did feck all, but can i tell you one thing that bothered me?!

I parked outside my local shop....and for the first time EVER, i thought about the "dog getting robbed" from my car as i popped in for a few mins.

:(:(:(

What the hell?This isn't "normal" to be thinking like that.I am fostering an elderly Maltese for the last 4mths and watched the car like a hawk.

The car's worth feck all that's the mad thing :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement