Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling Sandwiches locally

• 18-03-2005 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

My GF is mulling over the idea of making and selling sandwiches to order in a few places close to where she is working as there is a lack of places close that provide lunches. It could be a good idea but I wonder if anyone knows if there are any permits required to do so, and if so what they may be, actually any advice on the endeavour would be welcome. thx :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Lots of permits. She'd have to get her kitchen inspected, get health and safety certs, set herself up as a business etc.

In fact, if she's planning on doing it from home she probably won't be able to without getting planning permission to use her kitchen as a commercial kitchen, I *think*.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Register in the cash and carry, and buy stuff that doesn't have to be fresh (ie; not bread) there. Also, include a phone number on the advertisement. This allows people to pre-order the food, thus enabling you to make stuff ahead of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The biggest issue is insurance... get a quote before you decide anything, may not be cost effective for this alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yep, I'd say at a minimum you'd have to get the kitchen inspected, possibly have some mods done to separate private from commercial, your GF would have to take and pass a basic hygiene course, and then, of course, the dreaded insurance.

Advertisement