Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car stereo will not work

• 19-07-2014 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi, i bought a car earlier and it has a Sony xr-m510 stereo in with with a rm-x96 remote.. problem is i have no idea how to use it as there are no buttons on the face of it and the remote will not connect or make any response with the stereo.

I have even tried resetting the stereo but still no response from it.. changed the battery in the remote also with no joy, the stereo itself turns on and off with the car no problem. I am just not able to get it to do anything,

If anyone can help me out with this it would be great as i dont like sitting in silence, ive had a quick look around the internet for a solution, with no luck :pac::pac:

here is a picture of the said model w/remote:
    78orl.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There is one small button on the front to open it IIRC.

I also bought a car with a dead stereo the same model as that. I just binned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JUSTsomeBLOKE!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There is one small button on the front to open it IIRC.

I also bought a car with a dead stereo the same model as that. I just binned it.

ye I have nearly broken the stereo trying to press that little red button.. but nothing will happen...

I have a 10 disc changer in the back of the car so if I put another sony radio in can I just reconnect everything to work with that, including the remote?

cheers

Cd changer probably, remote probably not.

You can check the compatibility of sony cd changers with headunits online somewhere.

Have you checked the fuse at the back of the headunit?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Is the stereo turning on and off --- will it accept a cd ?

Is the stereo turning on and off --- will it accept a cd ?

If its acting like mine did the motorised cover is in the closed position so there's no way of knowing what's going on. There is no cd in this headunit, its a tape deck.

One of these
    http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3227560111.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

hi, i bought a car earlier and it has a Sony xr-m510 stereo in with with a rm-x96 remote.. problem is i have no idea how to use it as there are no buttons on the face of it and the remote will not connect or make any response with the stereo.

I have even tried resetting the stereo but still no response from it.. changed the battery in the remote also with no joy, the stereo itself turns on and off with the car no problem. I am just not able to get it to do anything,

If anyone can help me out with this it would be great as i dont like sitting in silence, ive had a quick look around the internet for a solution, with no luck :pac::pac:

here is a picture of the said model w/remote:
    78orl.jpg
    Most likely the flex foil is faulty and needs to be replaced. This is a very common complaint with this model stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JUSTsomeBLOKE!

ill try get a quick look at it tomorrow, been busy all day today.. if no joy ill just swap the stereo over... cheers

Advertisement