Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Company car experience for car insurance..

• 19-07-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,
    As my parents have used their no claims bonus (5yrs+) on two other cars, getting insured under them is a lot harder. But with some insurance compaines they accept other experience.

So my question is does a light company van used regularly count as company car experience when applying for a brand new car insurance policy?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Were you actually named on the work policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommyspiggy

No, just my father is insured on the van. I'm just starting off trying to get insuured in a third car we have. The insurance I will be applying for will be in his name as he would be the main driver. It's just some insurers take 'company car experience' to help lower the cost if you have used ur no claims or have no no claims bonus. Thing is I dunno does a small light company van which we don't own count as company car experience. Prob not? Sorry if I don't make sense?. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

No, just my father is insured on the van. I'm just starting off trying to get insuured in a third car we have. The insurance I will be applying for will be in his name as he would be the main driver. It's just some insurers take 'company car experience' to help lower the cost if you have used ur no claims or have no no claims bonus. Thing is I dunno does a small light company van which we don't own count as company car experience. Prob not? Sorry if I don't make sense?. Thanks

Some companies will mirror a NCD on a 2nd policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommyspiggy

would they ? :) do u know what companies they might be? thanks

Advertisement