Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car insurance without a no claims bonus

• 25-06-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have had a full clean driver's licence for 6 years. I have been living in the UK (but have not been driving/insured) for nearly 3 years. I'm moving back to Ireland, have a bought a car and am trying to insure it. I've been told that my no claims bonus expires after 2 years so I'm now back to 0 and the quotes are over £1000. can anyone recommend an insurance company who deals with this kind of situation or any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Brokers might be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I am having the same problem and have tried brokers and no luck so far. I drove a company car for over 30 years but was not named on the policy. Now I am getting quotes of 1700k and there does not seem to be anything can be done. So good luck with your quest and if you succeed let us know as I will if I am successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Get a few brokers on the case and take out the phone book or Google and start calling everybody you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kfog

blowin3 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem and have tried brokers and no luck so far. I drove a company car for over 30 years but was not named on the policy. Now I am getting quotes of 1700k and there does not seem to be anything can be done. So good luck with your quest and if you succeed let us know as I will if I am successful.

My dad was in the same situtation when he retired, company car for over 30 years but not actually named on a policy, he got a letter from the company stating that he had a company car for this period and had never had a claim. This was accepted and he got insured in his own name on his own car for €400. This was with chill.ie but he also got similiar quotes from other brokers. Might be worth trying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Thanks for that info. I have a letter and I am bringing into a broker tomorrow. But all it states is that I drove a car for 30 years for both business and personal use. But they won't put down that I was accident free they say its corporate policy not to give this information. The underwriters are AXA and I tried them but they said it trough a UK broker and they don't have individual information .Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement