Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I *just* last night finally got round to watching the finale! :eek:
    And what a finale it was....some cracking and well paced tv, my only complaint is the ending...as in it was very abrupt, it seemed like they cut 1 or 2 mins of footage from the end for ads or something :confused:

I went for several weeks of avoiding spoilers, but some random Google link spoiled Tommy's feckin death :mad: - but watching how it played out left no less of an impact on me.

Tommy was a hero, he saved Laurel....and some good acting from Colin Donnel....his reaction/shock to Malcom saying...yes they deserve to die, all of them! - was very beliveable.

Twas almost as if the actor didnt expect John Barrowman to deliver his lines like he did, it was a genuine shock reaction.

Also liked they didnt save the day and Dect. Lance has turned into a hero himself and nearly part of Team Arrow by now.

Yet again the weak point was Laurel/Katie....sadly underused, everyone is bitching about the character, but i *know* Katie Cassidy is capable of much more....i've seen most of her tv/movie work....given the script she can deliver.

The problem is the damsel-in-distress is being wasted on her, she has no point and no arc, sure they now hinted Black Canary 1.0 will turn into Laurel Canary 2.0....but its taking way too long to give the charactr/actress something to do.

Barrowman is a great nemesis...he's still alive and should be a good foil for season 2, they are starting to develop Roy and Oliver's sister. It's a good show overall, it has flaws and some rather dodgy eps.

But i think the good episodes outweight the odd bad one, there is alot of potential here and the entire DC universe to tap into, the producers are vetern sci-fi guys so they have the cred, they just need the scripts.

Looking forward to season 2, the show is a damn sight better then many a CW show for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder will the guy who played Crixus and the chinese girl turn out to be alive in season 2?

I wonder will the guy who played Crixus and the chinese girl turn out to be alive in season 2?

They weren't dead in the finale, unless you mean they turn up in Starling City?...pretty sure they will. Manu Bennet has a recuring role locked for season 2 as has Celina Jade.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They weren't dead in the finale, unless you mean they turn up in Starling City?...pretty sure they will. Manu Bennet has a recuring role locked for season 2 as has Celina Jade.

Good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

dont think they'll turn up in starling city, oliver will get off the island and end up doing stuff around the world with the two of them, maybe in season 3 or 4 they'll both be dead which is when well find out why it took him so long to return to starling city, he was on the island for years, **** went down in a matter of months, doubt he spent the next 4 years on the island honing his skills,

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Pretty big coup for a show like Arrow

• Registered Users Posts: 84,796 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

who are two on the far left?....is it mommy arrow and manu bennet?

who are two on the far left?....is it mommy arrow and manu bennet?

Laurel and Slade

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Laurel and Slade

:eek: i thought it was Olivers mom!....that is some fracked up airbrushing!!, jaysus....Katie looks 45!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Laurel and Slade
    you sure thats not felicity, and laurel is the one standing next to oliver, heir kinda generic actresses, the look great but their just staring to blend together for me at this stage,

i like the way the island is in the doorway, looks like were not finnished there yet,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

don ramo wrote: »
    you sure thats not felicity, and laurel is the one standing next to oliver, heir kinda generic actresses, the look great but their just staring to blend together for me at this stage,

i like the way the island is in the doorway, looks like were not finnished there yet,

Felicity is the one standing next to Oliver.

Tbf....she does have her hair down and no glasses, de-nerding her aint working for me :(

im terrible with faces:o, thats some bump for her, she was only suppose to be a background secondary character, to now being a main character and being in ollie (ear;))all the time,

it really looks like the dynamic are gonna change for season 2, no sign of mommy queen, and laurel being pushed to the side judging by that poster,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,784 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well Team Arrow take the front. Roy and Speedy are together, but wonder why Slade and Laurel are close together like that, especially since they already have someone for him on the island.

Isn't Ollie's mom in prison for her role in the conspiracy?

As stated....the producers MUST be big Spartacus fans, looks like ARGUS will be a big plotline this season, Amanda Waller from the comics gets cast:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/arrow-spartacus-alum-cynthia-addai-robinson-cast-as-amanda-waller

Dylan Neal will appear in at least four episodes as
    Dr. Anthony Ivo, a ruthless scientist who will play a part in Oliver’s next
    batch of island flashbacks

Arrow returns to UK screens on October 21 at 8pm on Sky1, less than two weeks after season two's US premiere on October 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Season 1 impressed me a lot more than I thought it would. Looking forward to getting around to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I've missed some ep, but i see that its on sky2@11pm every nite, But now looking forward to seeing Summer Glau again & i hear she's a big part in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Great opening episode, a lot of stuff packed into 42 minutes.
    Things on the island still moving along nicely, yet to see how it interacts with the main story line though.

Summer Glau looking lovely as always :D Clearly a ruthless business woman but we're not very apparent of her motives yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Liked that, although Summer Glau does tend to be a death sentence in TV, but who cares, it's Summer Glau. Felicity still as hot as always (amazed nothing has happened between them yet), and
    Black Canary in it at the end, is it Laurel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I am so excited for Black Canary. Highlight of the ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

titan18 wrote: »
    Black Canary in it at the end, is it Laurel?
    Her easily disarming the guy earlier in the episode was a big hint I think
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭squonk

Annoyed with this new No Kill rule. They might as well show <BAM!!!> and <OUCH!!> bubbles on screen a la the original Batman. No kills turns the show into kids TV or something harmless like the A-Team :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

squonk wrote: »
    Annoyed with this new No Kill rule. They might as well show <BAM!!!> and <OUCH!!> bubbles on screen a la the original Batman. No kills turns the show into kids TV or something harmless like the A-Team :(
    They'll change that up before long. It seemed obvious how himself and Laurel would interact after the end of last season. I didn't anticipate this other aspect of going a no kills route, but they will change that back. I'm pretty confident on that one. He'll get a case where he'll find he has to, and will go on from there knowing what he'll have to do.

Sure what does it matter if he kills or not. It will still involve arrows and like Batman and other heroes they seem to do plenty of damage to the point where you think the criminal is dead. I mean if a guy goes down due to an arrow through the shoulder, what difference would it make?

Plus it opens the door for returning villains.

Lucky that in the time Ollie was away and Thea took over the club that she never thought to go downstairs.

• Advertisement

Oh and the mention of the particle accelerator at STAR Labs going to be the Flash's origin?

Advertisement