Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lads view on texting a girl

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

A mate of mine as a point of principle won't reply to more than half the texts a girl sends him because he's afraid of seeming too eager. I know other people with similar attitudes.

That's just ridiculous! If she's texting it's because she's interested. How does having the courtesy to reply to a text seem eager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

bellorina wrote: »
    Thanks lads, but seriosusly do I not make myself look like a bit of a pathethic fool? or am I just paranoid? He knows people I know, so I'm afraid of looking like a fool? Yee lads are hard to figure out!!!

the funny part is he is probably saying the same thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 chrisr001

There are all kinds,
    hard to get types,
    eager types,
    afraid to be hurt types,
    do anything for a score types,

which type do you like?

you're in the dark,
    gotta switch on some light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

That's just ridiculous! If she's texting it's because she's interested. How does having the courtesy to reply to a text seem eager?

I love this thinking and its totally straightforward. Lots of sense.

Suppose there are other girls he's interested in too?
    he not might like his comments ending up in the public domain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

You meet someone that you are interested in and its over the holidays when people are likely to be free.

Whats so wrong with that as you can only be out with one person at a time.

Do the math.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Because some women think a guy whose too attentive is desperate and that's unattractive.

We can't generalise too well when it comes to an individual,
    few want to be clones.
    They will be who they are,
    if they don't text back, only that person is sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ok, story goes as follows!!!

Text him yesterday, sweet, sincere and full of XMAS jolly!!! Got a response and swapped a few nice texts.

But still non the wiser!!!!!....is he just stringing me along or is he really interested? Ball is in his court now, I really think that unless he initiates conversation, I cannot be sure if he's really interested?

Oh man......!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robjones

text him for gods sake if you havent already

i dont think most guys worry about girls being to eager etc - just text him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Well. What's the news? Did he get the Xmas shag or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I hate texts!

People always get the wrong end of the stick with them.

Similiar story with me, I met a guy I liked last wknd, got on great, swapped numbers.
    I haven't texted him all week, and I haven't heard from him all week. I'm not texting him cause I think if he really liked me he'd text me! In fairness it's been a week so he would have texted by now if he was interested.

I met another guy, who texted me straight away, and was very nice.

I think it's true really - if you really like some-one you will text them.

Or maybe he's just flat out busy, you never know. You texted him the last two times so just leave it now and see what he wants. Don't be worrying about it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Similiar story with me, I met a guy I liked last wknd, got on great, swapped numbers.
    I haven't texted him all week, and I haven't heard from him all week. I'm not texting him cause I think if he really liked me he'd text me! In fairness it's been a week so he would have texted by now if he was interested.

In all fairness, it's clear you didn't really like him, or else you would have texted.

cocoa wrote: »
    In all fairness, it's clear you didn't really like him, or else you would have texted.

See that's where everyone can end up getting the wrong stick with texts! I was waiting for him to text me first.

Bloody texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

This is ridiculous at this stage I would have her tapped up by now what are you playing at!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

the 1920's are over..if you like em text em..but keep it light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

See that's where everyone can end up getting the wrong stick with texts! I was waiting for him to text me first.

Bloody texts!

That's my point, he could quite plausibly have been doing the same thing, and drawn the same conclusion. And you'd both be right, neither of you was interested enough to drop some silly game or 'test'. But you'd both be wrong, because you both missed out on seeing what might have happened and maybe brightening someone's day with a text, instead of waiting for them to go first.

It's very simple, forget about gauging the other person's interest and concentrate on your own. Do you want to text? Then text. Do you not want to text? Then don't text.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

bellorina wrote: »
    Thanks lads, but seriosusly do I not make myself look like a bit of a pathethic fool? or am I just paranoid? He knows people I know, so I'm afraid of looking like a fool? Yee lads are hard to figure out!!!

It's a text you're not declaring your undying love for him!! You think lads are hard to figure out - girl you have it easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

bellorina forget him. if he hasnt txt by now he aint worth it. thrust me from all the posts here youd have loads of guys that would be waiting for you to txt them back. thrust me youll meet someone way better. but he will prob turn into a stalker. but then youll mett someone great;)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Seriously, it's 2010 what is wrong with a girl texting a guy/asking a guy out/proposing marriage!!

I've had girls text me and I never thought twice about it. Only a guy with some sort of mental problem or masculinity/confidence complex would care. And why would you want to go out with someone with such a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Seriously who thinks that they'll appear too eager when they've already obviously asked for your number for a reason??

Seriously who thinks that they'll appear too eager when they've already obviously asked for your number for a reason??

the OP havent you been paying attention:D..............women:rolleyes:

I'm not the OP but I texted the lad that I was on about...and he was delighted to hear from me!

I say text him!

I'm not the OP but I texted the lad that I was on about...and he was delighted to hear from me!

I say text him!

you go girl:D always wantyed to say that. doesnt make me seem any more manly though. but seriously well done

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Text him and ask him out to the cinema or something, if he is interested you will know straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ok, So I'm original poster!!!

Update on situation:Took all your advice...text him and got a nice response. However, I didn't hear from him a few days so I figured that he wasn't all that interested. Decided to let it lie. Then out of blue yesterday, I get a lovely text from him.

So we might be on to something, still haven't figured him out yet...!!!! And ye men think we're hard to figure out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

Well done m'dear..not so painful after all eh?! Rest of you ladies take note

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Bellorina wrote: »

Update on situation:Took all your advice...text him and got a nice response. However, I didn't hear from him a few days so I figured that he wasn't all that interested. Decided to let it lie. Then out of blue yesterday, I get a lovely text from him.

So we might be on to something, still haven't figured him out yet...!!!! And ye men think we're hard to figure out!

Well done! Hope it works out, personally I have no objection to the girl texting first, my girlfriend texted me first, I would have texted her but she got there first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Bellorina wrote: »

In fairness we are not that hard to figure out. Its simple, forget this texting crap, ring him up, ask to meet up, go have fun, tell him you want to meet him again, arrange another time, and it will either escalate or you will know hes not the right type for you or visa versa and ye will just fizzle out.

Its not all that complicated. This will I or wont I thing just frustrates people. if you try to arrange another time any guy i know including myself would either say "ya sure that would be great" or "look, i dunno if this is working out" yada yada yada. Then you know he would like to see you again on such a date or you can walk away knowing you tried but it wasnt ment to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement