Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those Little Things that Annoy You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

dunno if it counts but yer getting it anyway,

it annoys me when somethings open. as in....if a press or a drawer is open and not in use. i cant leave it alone. i have to close it.
    the little alarm box on the corridor in work...everytime i pass it i HAVE to close it. im a freak.
    any drawers that are even slightly open even if its just that the doors arent aligned and its not actually open...i have to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

People who file their names with emory boards in public- especially on the Cork Dublin Train at weekends!

Jaysus I'm in Mallow and I have filed away my name.Someone...tell me who I am???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Definitely my ultimate has to be people who don't say please and thank you, I can't stand that.

Smokers (who smoke in the house) who leave ash trays on tables when they're leaving a room so that the smell of stale smoke can linger in the room, lovely. Just empty the damned ash tray!

People who don't wipe the kitchen counters when doing the dishes.
    Bouncers who think they're above manners and common courtesy.
    People who don't push their chair back to the table when they're getting up.
    People who jump queues.
    People who have their mp3 players turned up so loud that you can hear their music.
    People who don't tell you when they're going to take a photo of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

*fake/orange tans. Uggs. Puffy jackets.
    *when the toilet roll is facing the wrong way on the holder thing...the little bit hanging down must be on the outside if you want to live in my house.
    *how when penneys clothes com in contact with deodorant they stink.And no that is not just sweat! a bunch of us in uni did a survey and found a lot of people found they had this problem!
    *how in the morning, ntl have the wrong time on their purple screen.
    end of. for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Rich tea biccie in tea a few seconds too long and...tea ruined! *runs around with hands on head* :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Cats
    Kerry Katona
    Louis Walsh
    Pyjama zombies
    Anything to do with Manchester United (particularly Rio Ferdinand and the way no matter what happens their game is ALWAYS on tv)
    Rugby League (whats the point?)
    Tea
    The way Iarnrod Eireann "apologize for any inconvenience caused" when the train doesnt turn up. What good is the apology? Pay my fair when your train is late, muppets.
    Chuggers
    I've loads more but it annoys me when people go on:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

keano_afc wrote: »
    Kerry Katona

I wouldn't exactly call her little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

- irish road signs...that are either too late or point the wrong way
    - non sealed letters - I like tearing it open.. ruins it if it's just folded closed..
    - tendonitis
    - docs saying 'sometimes you just get pain and we can't explain it'
    - idiots who park their bigassed van on the grass outside your house.. but are actually tards of some sort because they park at a 45 degree angle and hold up traffic, making it uber awkward to get into your driveway and not to mention a hazard to ambulances/firetrucks going down the road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Lads who are whipped by their girlfriends.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ocd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Terry wrote: »
    Ocd.

Do you have it?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Pyjama zombies

Saw two obese rancid slags earlier at the shop in pajama's and slippers at Spar earlier, made my stomach churn.

Does this happen in other countries?? They should be barred from shops, put a bouncer on the door, dress code ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

People who claim that they/their children have ADHD.

It's a made up illness. Just learn some control of yourself/your children. Being given an imaginary illness doesn't absolve you from your acting like a tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Having to agree with everything Sean Barrett says to get a good grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Niamho! wrote: »

it annoys me when somethings open. as in....if a press or a drawer is open and not in use. i cant leave it alone. i have to close it.
    the little alarm box on the corridor in work...everytime i pass it i HAVE to close it. im a freak.
    any drawers that are even slightly open even if its just that the doors arent aligned and its not actually open...i have to sort it out.
    It's a form of OCD .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 SheenaD

Ah me likes this thread !

missing the bus by a minute and its always when your in a rush ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bethany

Bad language; not when someone gets a fright or is very angry but when it is used as a noun, adverb, adjective. It actually hurts my ears, I think that it denotes complete laziness on the part of the inarticulate user and I just don't feel that person is as worthy of respect as others. Everyone curses but it is now so commonplace in Ireland, I still think that is just so unmannerly and I don't care if this sounds prudish. The majority of people that curse like that are well able to refrain from it if it is in their interest to do so e.g at a job interview. I think it makes our society coarser and if we all tried to be a little bit more mannerly and thoughtful to others in speech and in actions it would make this a much better place to live. End of RANT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

People who spit on the street
    Missing the bus by seconds
    Bad pints :mad:
    Checkout assistants who spend all day chatting to their friend mary in the queue in front of me.
    People who don't flush the toilet
    Rain
    Pushy sales people
    Berties pay rise
    Chuggers
    Out of order ATMS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

maddie mccann!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

- People who stick their L-plates on the wrong way around.
    - Old people at the post office or bank minutes before it closes... you have had all day to get there, and I had to leave work early to make it! Get out of the queue!
    - Those Daft Dave ads on the radio
    - People doing ridiculously slow speeds in the fast lane of the motorway

• Advertisement

Males wearing ankle socks. It's just wrong. It looks wrong. Cut that sh1t out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

People who don't flush the toilet wreck my head.. It's fcuking disgusting. I can't pee into a used toilet....
    I also can't stand people who hate cursing.. (Yea i'm talking to you Bethany!!) Fupper..
    I also hate any ad's on the radio where they pretend it's not an add at all that it's just 2 people having the craic about the financial regulator or some ****e like that.. I also hate the way Derek Flood from today fm laughs. He sounds like he's sorts choking..
    Lot's of other things as well.. Oh yeah i hate when people at work speak that bullsh!t dialect where they talk about target markets and being pro-acvtive and synergy and 'hooks'. I'd like to give them a hook, and by that i mean take a hook and tear them a new ear or nostril..

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

I agree with the OP.
    From my University experience, I saw that most students that had grants did not work or need to. They could afford student accomodation and go out most nights of the week.

Usual $hit for the PAYE working families.

So my list is:
    • People who know every loop-hole to get money from social services
    • People who litter
    • Taxi drivers
    • Bouncers

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

People who wait 10 minutes at the bus stop but only start looking for their change when they step on the bus. Does my fu*cking head in. I mean you know you are getting the bus, you know you have to pay, have your fu*king change ready - dickheads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I hate it when people wear clothes that are blatantly too small for them.
    I hate it when people go through divorces that last twice the length of their marriage.
    I hate it when women (usually yummy-mummy types) wear the most beautiful shoes and then ruin the effect by walking like a duck, with their feet turned right out.
    I hate it when people spit on the street.
    I hate it when the battery on my iPod runs out and I'm still only halfway home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Board-in-work

1. People who start fiddling around in their pockets / purses for bus change - only when they are actually on the bus holding the whole queue up. (These people are usually waiting on the bus for 10 mins and only realise they need money when they get on the bus). These people usually spend their weeks holding up supermarket queues too (oh? I need something called money???? shall I look for some now??)

2. Same thing at airports - Oh?? I have to take metal out of my pocket?? And take my jacket off now?? - walks thru metal detector- oh?? does my belt buckle count?? silly me!!

3. Service charges in restraunts that are included in the bill. Try asking for it back if they service is ****. Also paying for the meal before you get it - what if It's not cooked properly? or sub-standard - too late I've payed for it....

4. 1 in 10 women apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Bethany wrote: »
    Bad language; not when someone gets a fright or is very angry but when it is used as a noun, adverb, adjective. It actually hurts my ears, I think that it denotes complete laziness on the part of the inarticulate user and I just don't feel that person is as worthy of respect as others. Everyone curses but it is now so commonplace in Ireland, I still think that is just so unmannerly and I don't care if this sounds prudish. The majority of people that curse like that are well able to refrain from it if it is in their interest to do so e.g at a job interview. I think it makes our society coarser and if we all tried to be a little bit more mannerly and thoughtful to others in speech and in actions it would make this a much better place to live. End of RANT
    I'm the opposite I love cursing all the time. There only words! It annoys me when people get all upset over a few words.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm the opposite I love cursing all the time. There only words! It annoys me when people get all upset over a few words.;)

Wooo Hooo, i'm with ScumLord on this one.. I love it. One of my favourite curses for disbelief; fcuking fcuk???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Jaysus I'm in Mallow and I have filed away my name.Someone...tell me who I am???

Lol! sorry i meant people who file nails with emory boards on public teansport! don't know what i was thinking of when i was typing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭ptashka

Niamho! wrote: »

Oh I hear you, Niamho! same here. Can't stand opened doors, presses, etc. Can't stand leaving the light on when exiting the room. Hate people who try so hard to impress and please everyone.

Advertisement