Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I need to dial a Irish landline from abroad

• 23-08-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Basically I'm trying to call an Irish land-line from the US but Skype reports 'Call failed.' every time I try.

I asked someone in Ireland to dial the number directly and it worked. The thing is I have to personally make the phone call.

Is there any way to proxy through directory inquiries (11890 can't be dialled internationally)?

Any ideas? I really don't want to pay several dollars per min for this from a standard line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

Are you using the +353 and dropping the zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

sugarman wrote: »
    Dial 011 353 then the number inc the area code

Dublin number for example

011 353 1** *** **

Skype reported call failed immediately :(

sugarman wrote: »
    Have you got credit on your skype account?

You guys must think I'm an idiot ;)

I can call other landlines. I'm talking to Skype support, trying to set my caller ID - since it's possible some business lines might reject the call otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm pretty sure +35391xxxxx will work in Skype.
    Skype only cares about country code, not "dialling out".

Btw, 1890 numbers and such may not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

sephir0th wrote: »
    Basically I'm trying to call an Irish land-line from the US but Skype reports 'Call failed.' every time I try.

I asked someone in Ireland to dial the number directly and it worked. The thing is I have to personally make the phone call.

Is there any way to proxy through directory inquiries (11890 can't be dialled internationally)?

Any ideas? I really don't want to pay several dollars per min for this from a standard line.
    If you don't get the skype issue sorted out & if you know someone back home who has a UPC broadband & phone subscription you could download the Horizon Phone iOS or Android app & use their password to log in. You'd have to be using a smartphone with a wifi connection, but you could make a call to an Irish landline that way with their permission of course.

If you don't get the skype issue sorted out & if you know someone back home who has a UPC broadband & phone subscription you could download the Horizon Phone iOS or Android app & use their password to log in. You'd have to be using a smartphone with a wifi connection, but you could make a call to an Irish landline that way with their permission of course.

Skype support had me set up caller ID on my account. Still can't get through though for some reason. Weird. Going to get back onto support.

Advertisement