Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rib wanted 7k-8k

• 11-08-2014 8:19pm

hello after a rib, 8k max decent sea boat be used for diving mainly. any recomendations? 2 stroke preferred. a 6meter or close enough each side of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

Theres a superb looking Ribcraft 5.85 on Donedeal at the moment thats been up for a while - new tubes in 2007 and the mother of all 2 stroke v6 engines, the Yamaha V-MAX.

Up for €10,000.. If you could stretch your budget a little to about 9k you'd have a smashing rib!

That yours? Looks a fine boat

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

It aint mine - just looks a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

That the one in Mallow?

Yes it's in mallow alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

That one came down from 12k recently enough. Has been up for ages

Hard sell anything now, or could be dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

17 rem wrote: »
    hello after a rib, 8k max decent sea boat be used for diving mainly. any recomendations? 2 stroke preferred. a 6meter or close enough each side of

Why two stroke? Unless fuel injected most large two strokes real gas guzzlers... If owned by club not too bad as costs shared but if your the one paying for fuel? 6mt dive rib might need 120-150 hp.... Just a thought don't write off a good four stroke!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Little more than you mean to spend but what your looking for! (I think?)

[URL="http://www.donedeal.ie/boats-for-sale/humber-rib/7554597"

• Advertisement

17REM... Might have made a mess of link above but a 6mt Humber Dive Rib with a 140 Johnson (four stroke) for 10grand

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

fergal.b wrote: »

Watch that engine!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gti16v

Hi

I'm just about the advertise my 4.8m ribcraft with a 50hp 2 stroke engine including trailer for €6500 ono it that's of any interest to you. I use it in Lough Ree in Athlone but she is a perfect sea boat due to the high bow and deep vee hull. If you want to PM me your email and contact number I can provide you with more information. She has had a full service this summer, including a gear box oil change, new impellor etc.

The hypalon tubes are navy in colour, she has twin jockey seats with backrests, steering console along with two extra seats at the rear and has a self draining trunk. Whilst a VHF hasn't been installed I will include a handheld with the sale.

That's all I can really think of. For more info drop me a PM,
    Aisling

Advertisement