Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mar2000

Hi there. I was wondering what are the opening hours for the call centre or I suppose I should say what are the shift times like?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 31 I_like_pie

Payday is the last working of/ before the 28th of the month. And welcome aboard!

I start in 11 hours. Can't feckin sleep!!!

Thanks a mil, can't wait to start. Hope today went well! do they have you in training or actually on the phone?

whirlpool wrote: »
    They do the payroll on the 15th of the month, so if you have your details into HR before the 15th then you should get paid on January 27th, for the period of January 7th to January 31st.

Cheers for that. Panic over

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

Hi Mar2000 the opening hours of the sky centre are 7am - 11pm congrats i like pie well done you'll love working there i promise such a buzz about the place

tripper63 wrote: »
    Hi Mar2000 the opening hours of the sky centre are 7am - 11pm congrats i like pie well done you'll love working there i promise such a buzz about the place

thanks tripper63

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I_like_pie wrote: »

Thanks a mil, can't wait to start. Hope today went well! do they have you in training or actually on the phone?

Cheers man. Yeah, went very well. As tripper said, there's a great buzz about the place, and there're feck all of us there at the moment. Can only imagine what it'll be like when it's full

Not on the phones yet. 4 weeks training before that happens. But it's all good so far.

Happy days!
    They actually called me a couple of weeks back asking if I wanted to start early as someone dropped out. Made plans for over Crimbo so couldn't do it. Raging now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Happydays123

I have my first interview session coming up with sky and am terrified, can anyone please give me some pointers on what will be asked, I have never worked at anything like this before so don't know anything about it really, the position is for sales advisor, any help will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

@Happydays - First off its nothing to get to worked up about. at the end of the day its an interview not a firing squad.

Relax and be yourself is the best advice to give you. Do a little homework on Sky and what the current offerings are and you should be fine.

Arrive in plenty of time, Get your stuff ready the night before and plan ahead.

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Happy I put up before the best thing to do in this order is be yourself don't bull**** and be confident.....this interview technique will catch you out

• Advertisement

Hi again I was wondering how long it takes to hear back from them after you submit your CV etc and answer the 14 questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

mar2000 wrote: »
    Hi again I was wondering how long it takes to hear back from them after you submit your CV etc and answer the 14 questions?

I heard back pretty quick, like 2 days
    Just done the first round of interviews. Went well... hopefully

best of luck to you! I just applied yesterday and answered the questions as best I could!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

Dont wanna sound like a smart arse, but please read the thread replies from people like myself and Tripper and Chuck Norris, we have been answering and commenting on these questions of start date, pay, holidays etc etc. all the answers are on previous pages.

How did u get on the last two days chuck? dont think ive met u yet

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Is there full traning provided for these positions? Like if you have never worked in a call centre enviroment is it pointless applying for any of these jobs?

Marco85 wrote: »
    Is there full traning provided for these positions? Like if you have never worked in a call centre enviroment is it pointless applying for any of these jobs?

Yes, 3 weeks training
    One week theory, one week on the job and one week with your manager
    Everyone can be trained as long as you can show willingness and initiative

Yes, 3 weeks training
    One week theory, one week on the job and one week with your manager
    Everyone can be trained as long as you can show willingness and initiative

Are you making that up as you go along?? Far from what the training is like!

Marco85 wrote: »

Training is four weeks training with a training manager about the systems, products etc depending on positions. Then after four weeks it's onto the phones for live calls. This is all the training they do.

Ciaran has it spot on :)

Ciaran219 wrote: »

Are you making that up as you go along?? Far from what the training is like!

nope, was told today in the interviews.

• Advertisement

Hey Marco call centre experience not totally necessary our class is made up of differnet work backgrounds so an initial liking for working and talking to people will stand to you especially in customer service as Ciaran says training is extensive and covers all aspects really well so don't let that put you off :)

Ciaran219 wrote: »
    How did u get on the last two days chuck? dont think ive met u yet

It's all good so far Ciarain. Haven't met yourself or tripper as yet. Clash of hours and what not.

The training is definitely "different". But it's good, as they don't seem to mind people being creative, or different thinking.

Having said that, I am in a room full of like minded techie nerds, so the conversations can be "intersting" to say the least. But it's good. It's not at all a stifling atmosphere.

And for any people who have done interviews, and are cynical about the emphasis placed on Sky being a fun place to work, I can assure you it is.

Like I had said in an earlier post, there's already a buzz about the place, which can only get even better as more people start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Happydays123

might be a silly question but is the interview a formal one do i need to wear suit and tie?? also apart from the interview what else do you have to go through in the first round and wha does it involve, any help will be great

did any of you guys see this information on benefits:-

Rewards and Benefits – Sky Customer Contact Centres
    You can be certain that the contribution you make as part of our team will always be recognised. But, just as importantly, it will also be well rewarded. Not only with a competitive salary and real scope for career development, but a great range of benefits too, including:

Free Sky+ HD with great viewing package, including all movies and sports, plus reduced box office pricing
    Free Sky Broadband
    Discounted telephony products
    33 days’ holiday (including public holidays)
    Pension scheme
    Life insurance
    Healthcare
    Sharesave scheme
    Sky Choices – a scheme that allows you to gain tax benefits on loads of useful things like childcare, travel, bikes and vouchers
    Sky Benefits Extra – giving you discounts on everything from gym memberships and electrical goods to travel and holidays
    Recognition schemes with fantastic prizes that have recently included trips to impressive overseas locations and film premieres
    Incentive scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

What shifts are you working chuck.and how far in advance do you know your work schedule?

Hi ya Pat
    Chuck is in work till 11 tonight the two shift patterns for training are 7 - 3.30 and 2.30 - 11pm

right off to a second interview in Alexandra House this afternoon. If anyone else is going best of luck and break a leg as it were. ;-)

BrookieD wrote: »
    right off to a second interview in Alexandra House this afternoon. If anyone else is going best of luck and break a leg as it were. ;-)

very best of luck to you

BrookieD wrote: »

Break a leg Brookie. You'll fit in perfectly with that avatar! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Forms filled out 2nd assessment tomorrow hope it goes good

Advertisement