Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I'm pretty sure I saw tens machines for sale in mothercare for about 60 beans...

TwoMums, I've no idea if he'll be long, they just said he was a big one! I seem to be in the clear for the GD anyway though, so that's something! But going by that pound a week from 32weeks thing...eek! He can teleport out now if he goes that way! I must have a look at the scan pictures again to see if theres any indication about the length of him now actually, I wouldn't have thought about it like that now til you explained it like that, cheers! :)

A pound every TWO weeks :D That's great if you get the GD all clear :)

Has anyone come across a nice mint green cellular blanket during their baby shopping travels?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I haven't seen any green ones :( only blue, pink, white and yellow, did you try guineys though?
    I've started to get pelvic pain..oouuuuccchhh.
    I've heard it's a lb a week from 36 weeks and also 1/2lb a week from 30 weeks so I dunno who to believe! :D

We got some cream ones in guineys but would love a nice mint one :)

I have pelvic pain the last few days too...it's not pleasant so hoping it doesn't get worse!

Not sure re the weight thing...that's just what we have been told & it works with the estimate our consultant gave us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Has anyone come across a nice mint green cellular blanket during their baby shopping travels?

http://www.babybasicsgrays.com/100-percent-cotton-cellular-cot-bed-blanket-mint-green-145-p.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink wrote: »
    No worries silly, i understand!Ill have to have this new car if I have any hope of making it to portlaoise, well I could get a train.

Speaking of trains, I have to say, people have been really nice and give up their seat for me. Once I'm in view of the seated people, someone invariably gets up. It's so nice of them.

OH is always on the lookout now for preggers women on the train so he can give them his seat :-)

I actually had a girl apologise to me for taking her turn in the queue for the toilet tonight in a pub and not letting me go ahead of her!

She came out seen the bump and was like oh my god I'm so sorry if I'd realised I would have let u go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I notice that most of people is really nice. the other day 2 teenagers helped me with ma shopping bags.

I feel so sleepy. Alice had zumba night. she never moved as much as last night.
    i think she wanted to say - mummy dont worry.
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Second last exam today God yes!!!

Will have to repeat maths but oh well I can worry about it after my baby arrives,

Looking forward to the meet up. Who's going??

Anyone else experiencing carpel tunnel. Hand keeps going numb and gettin pins and needles in foot , babe must be pressing on a nerve.
    Got a birthday ball yesterday to drive move baby, got on it for ten minutes and i think she's head down already!
    Def keeping the ball, my sister in law told me the day she was over due she got on the ball,felt baby drop and waters broke while she was on it!
    Plus oh is working out his tummy on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hubby has offered to drive me, and will either go and do his own thing, or join the gaggle of pregnant ladies if you don't mind - he's happy either way ( he heard me mention cake :D). So, I might just make it... but my pregnant brain has already forgotten the whens and wheres (other than Port Laoise!)

I think i had my worst nights sleep ever last night. I just couldn't fall asleep, and every time I dozed, I would wake within 15 minutes neeeding to pee, or needing a drink, or needing to adjust my mountain of pillows to ease my hip/back/shoulder. Then I finally fell asleep, only to wake up on my back an hour later, with my heart pounding, and spent the next two hours worried about the baby - horrible. I'll have to take a nap later, or i'll be asleep at 6 pm.

But so as not to be all gloomy and grumpy on a Friday, we finished decorating the nursery yesterday, and i LOVE it :) We still don't have a cot etc in there, but the walls got a fresh coat of paint, and the decals are up - and it all looks so bright and cheerful. I'll post some pics up later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing carpel tunnel. Hand keeps going numb and gettin pins and needles in foot , babe must be pressing on a nerve.
    Got a birthday ball yesterday to drive move baby, got on it for ten minutes and i think she's head down already!
    Def keeping the ball, my sister in law told me the day she was over due she got on the ball,felt baby drop and waters broke while she was on it!
    Plus oh is working out his tummy on it!

how do those balls work? so you sit on it and do a few bounces?

The balls can be used to try and put the baby in a good position - with gentle bouncing. But you can also use them to help relieve the aches and pains. At the physio part of the ante-natal class, they had us bouncing (gently), rocking side to side and back and forth, and doing little hip circles.

Which of course, had me and hubby humming Princess Superstar's perfect:

I bought a yoga one a couple of weeks ago, and blew it up this week - and it turns out the label on the box is wrong, it's only a 55cm one, not a 65cm one. So if any of your are shorter enough to use the smaller ball, you are welcome to it.

Kash if we can make it my Mrs will be with me :D so he would have some non pregnant company if he wanted to stick with the cake ;)

I'm on the sofa under a blanket this morning as I had a hard nights sleep :) pillow between my legs is helping the sore pelvis though so at least that's something!

If its nice out at the time. Your all more than welcome to come here for a bbq or something!

silly wrote: »
    how do those balls work? so you sit on it and do a few bounces?

Yeah I was having some bad pressure on my back and pelvis too and did wonders for it.

I got one in mothercare in a stretch and tone set with an exercise mat and elastic bang thingys.
    Don't know why I bothered witht the set, they will never be used!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Unlikely baby would be on it as that nerve starts at the neck/shoulders part of the spine :D Carpal tunnel is very common in pregnancy cos the hormones are loosening up all the joints (and you have lots going on in your wrists) so probably a nerve is getting compressed. There isn't a huge amount you can do about it other than regularly rotating and loosening up your wrists a bit.
    Kash wrote: »
    Then I finally fell asleep, only to wake up on my back an hour later, with my heart pounding, and spent the next two hours worried about the baby - horrible.

That happened to me once, it really is an awful feeling. My heart was nearly leaping out of my body & it felt like I had a 2nd heart in my belly from the pulse pounding. Really frightened me too! No harm done though, it's your body's way of waking you up I guess.
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Kash if we can make it my Mrs will be with me :D so he would have some non pregnant company if he wanted to stick with the cake ;)

Are you getting used to referring to her as your Mrs yet?? It takes a while :D
    If its nice out at the time. Your all more than welcome to come here for a bbq or something!

I don't think your toilet cistern would cope with all the flushing from all us preggers women haha

Re the birthing ball, I find it nice to sit on sometimes instead of the couch if watching a bit of telly or for leaning on while on my knees and stretching out my back. I actually have a print out of excercises I'm supposed to do on it but I haven't gotten around to looking. It's supposed to help correct your posture and open up your pelvis??

I think all the following are going or most likely will go (Sat 16th June):

Saurelin
    Kildareash - providing it's the Sat
    Kash
    Twomums
    Java
    Mink

I know it's a bit too far for Cyning & Silly :(

Anyone else want to add their names?
    Also, any preferences re going to see the What to Expect movie (as well as cake) or just chilling and hanging out (again with cake)?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

What was it about last night we all seem to have had bad nights! couldn't sleep more than an hour or so at a time, plagued with bad dreams, kept waking up with really sore legs like I'd just done a marathon or something, ugh! Like yourself now Twomums I'm thrown down on the couch now for the last hour after getting breakfast and packed lunch ready for the boyfriend, having awful trouble breathing today or something, its making me dizzy and cranky! Just getting so fed up now with it all!
    The meetup sounds class, don't think I'll make it either though tis a bit of a treck with no car alright, and for a change I actually have plenty to be doing over the next few weekends, mostly family birthdays and things but woo for something to do! Hope ye have a blast thing, take pictures for the rest of us! :D

Oh ya, I got one of those balls in tkmax for a tenner, think that's a bit cheaper than the mothercare ones? I've been mostly using it as a comfey foot stool while thrown on the couch :P but figured out the hip circles are good for helping sore lower back alright! Must try those other exercises ye mentioned now later when I'm able to move again!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

sounds lovely Java
    anyway are you in Dublin on Tuesdsy?

The meetup sounds class, don't think I'll make it either though tis a bit of a treck with no car alright

If you wanted to get a train to Maynooth, I'd be more than happy to collect you & you can drive down with me. That applies to any other Dublin folk. Train from connolly to Maynooth is about 30/40 mins.

Though might be easier just to get one direct to Portlaoise from Heuston and then one of the drivers can collect you from Portlaoise station to go to whereever we are having grub.

I think we'll all look really funny, just a load of random pregnant women eating cake together.

Whenever we have the facebook page set up, we can bang up some photos on that.

• Advertisement

Saurelin wrote: »

sounds lovely Java
    anyway are you in Dublin on Tuesdsy?

Afraid not. Oh is bringing me for an anniversary day out for celebrating finishing tests.

Someone make the Facebook group !

Afraid not. Oh is bringing me for an anniversary day out for celebrating finishing tests.

Someone make the Facebook group !

I'll give it a bash this weekend. PM your email address/facebook name thingy. I can only start a group & add people once I have people to add. So if I start with one, get it up & running & then I'll let everyone know on here the details.

It's going to be a closed private group, mainly as I'm a paranoid android & don't want my FB friends knowing my boards ID and I don't want my actualy name/ FB ID on boards, know what I mean?

On the meet up, if you're thinking of meeting in Portlaoise there is a football match here on the Sunday. Kildare are playing Offaly, I think throw-in is at 2pm. Portlaoise is such a bottle neck, I'd say the traffic will be heavy around town that day. Just something to bear in mind. I'll be at the game, so if ye do decide to meet on Sunday, I can meet ye before or after or something.

Was at hospital this morn...turns out the guidelines for GD have changed recently and my fasting blood test was 0.1 above the limit, so they're going to treat me as if i have it.
    I have no other symptoms, there is no glucose in my urine and water around baby is fine. BUT baby is measuring about two weeks ahead and the weight is around 5lbs!!!!!:eek: Now, there are big babies on both sides of the family, and my Mam just told me I was 24 inches long when I was born. So these are all going to be contributing factors to the size of my baby!

The doc said because the guidelines for GD have become so strict, nearly every second woman is testing positive. Which obviously puts a strain on an already stretched service. The diabetes nurse was too busy to see me today, but doc wants me to start testing my blood straight away, so I will hopefully see her on Monday. I also have to see the dietician, but again they couldn't give me an appt today. But I'm not a priority for the dietician because my dad is a diabetic for 20 odd years, so I'm very familiar with the diet.
    If I have to go on insulin (fingers crossed I won't), I'll have to go to the Coombe for that because they don't do it in Portlaoise!
    I'm disappointed and a little upset today, because I was told I was clear only 4 weeks ago. But they said the nurse probably just overlooked it because it was only 0.1 over.:rolleyes::mad::(

I do feel very looked after tho, the doc who scanned me done lots of measurements and had a good look and tried her best to get the baby to turn and face the screen, but it point blank refused! They're bringing me back in next week in the hope that I'll have started testing my blood by then and I'll be back the week after for them to check the growth again.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Ok I am being a total retard, finally got my pics from my phone to upload to the computer without freezing!

So how do I post a picture? Do I have to upload it to somewhere like photobox and then add the URL to my post?

You can do it that way, but it's easiest to add the attachments directly from your computer.

When you next post, scroll down to below the text entry box, to'Additional Options' - you'll see a button marked "Manage Attachments"

That'll open up a new window, and you can just browse to the location of the file on your computer, and upload it.

That will just pop it down at the bottom of your post, and we can click on it to see it.
    If you want the pics to show up in the post
    1. click on the attachment link (the one that you just uploaded)
    2. copy the address of the boards window it opens up in
    3. then use that link in the Insert Image box.

Hope that helps!

click reply to thread
    Then click on the image of them paper clip (next to smiley face) above the txt box.
    click browse
    find the location of your pic
    click upload and then close window.
    It should be attached to your post then.

205530.jpg

yay! was trying to post pic directly to post for ages - couldnt figure out how.
    Thanks Kash!

This is one of the photo's i'm getting done.
    Part one is next wednesday....part 2....sometime in July..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

thats a great picture/idea.

I wont let my other half near me with the camera, I feel huge, but I should really let him take some pictures.

I just feel so frumpy.

barremic wrote: »
    thats a great picture/idea.

I wont let my other half near me with the camera, I feel huge, but I should really let him take some pictures.

I just feel so frumpy.

I felt the same and then I took a bump pic and posted it up a few weeks ago and I actually thought I looked ok (from the side!).

Myself and OH are going to experiment some day, I've googled pregnancy pictures and there is some really good ideas that I'm going to try and copy.

Love the before and after pic with bump and baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Hope everyone is well? Haven't been able to check in with you in ages - up the walls with work and moving house - missed the girlie chats!

Twomums - huge congratulations to you both - hope you had a great day!!! :)

Love the idea of meeting up, I'm in dublin so Portlaoise suits me - I'll be driving down if any of the dublin gang need a lift?

Saurelin - are u still going to class in Coombe tomorrow - if so I'll see you there, poor hubby is dreading it...

Is anyone else getting horrible leg cramps at night - very painful, have been tired and sore all week:(

Advertisement