Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Of course I'm bloody jealous. What other purpose does that kind of status serve other than to make others jealous? This is the problem with social media; everyone thinks everyone else gives a fúck about their lives

Well you clearly do give a fúck so it kind of served it's purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Of course I'm bloody jealous. What other purpose does that kind of status serve other than to make others jealous? This is the problem with social media; everyone thinks everyone else gives a fúck about their lives

Why are you on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I actually like when my friends post stuff like that. "Tried snowboarding today" or "climbed mt Everest". Better than "Well deserved pumpkin spiced latte" or "ladz, never drinking again well til tonight anyways wahay".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

milltown wrote: »
    Why are you on Facebook?

So I can bitch and moan about other people without actually having to meet them … OBVIOUSLY!!
    rawn wrote: »
    I actually like when my friends post stuff like that. "Tried snowboarding today" or "climbed mt Everest". Better than "Well deserved pumpkin spiced latte" or "ladz, never drinking again well til tonight anyways wahay".

Fair point, although I have a mate in America at the moment who posts an essay a day and what he got up to. I had to remove him from my news feed if I want to know bout your life I'll ask. For the same reason I never post anything personal, occasionally a funny link or whatever, but I mainly use the messaging service, you know, to actually communicate with people.

AND YES, THE USERNAME IS BLOODY IRONIC

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Bound to the piece for twoyears and 12months probation. In a way im glad because its gods way of reaching outto me and saying "WILL YOU COP THE F*CK ON YA DUMB C*NT, DID I SACRIFICE MY BODY FOR FOOLS LIKE YOU :/ !!!!!!!" Sorry Jesus kid il cop on now :)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

This is from a friend of a friend. Don't know the guy but thought this popped up on my news feed today.

"I swear to jesus them foreigners are some ****y cheeky ****ing ****. In shopping Centre earlier picking up a few bits and gets to the till and the ****ing monster serving me (she was like that prisoner in the long green mile with the special powers and Tina Turners love child )Anyway she swipes laser card , nothing happens ,swipes again and puts in amount , nothing happenin. So in her wisdom and after her five minutes customer service training she says in her best ****ing broken english accent" ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE MONEY IN DE ACCOUNT" ????,??
    Now i ****ing erupted ....OF COURSE I ****ING DO ALTHOUGH IT MIGHT BE ALL GONE CONSIDERING SOMEONES TAXES HAVE TO PAY YOUR RENT ...YOUR FREE CHILDCARE....YOUR FREE PRAMS...YOUR CAR....YOUR FREE BUS TRAVEL AND ALL THE ****ING MONEY YOU SEND BACK TO YOUR FORTY SEVEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS..
    Of she goes for a manager who comes back and tells her the Visa machines down....
    Not even a ****in hint of irony in her voice as she turns to me and says " Can you pay in cash "?"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This is from a friend of a friend. Don't know the guy but thought this popped up on my news feed today.

"I swear to jesus them foreigners are some ****y cheeky ****ing ****. In shopping Centre earlier picking up a few bits and gets to the till and the ****ing monster serving me (she was like that prisoner in the long green mile with the special powers and Tina Turners love child )Anyway she swipes laser card , nothing happens ,swipes again and puts in amount , nothing happenin. So in her wisdom and after her five minutes customer service training she says in her best ****ing broken english accent" ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE MONEY IN DE ACCOUNT" ????,??
    Now i ****ing erupted ....OF COURSE I ****ING DO ALTHOUGH IT MIGHT BE ALL GONE CONSIDERING SOMEONES TAXES HAVE TO PAY YOUR RENT ...YOUR FREE CHILDCARE....YOUR FREE PRAMS...YOUR CAR....YOUR FREE BUS TRAVEL AND ALL THE ****ING MONEY YOU SEND BACK TO YOUR FORTY SEVEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS..
    Of she goes for a manager who comes back and tells her the Visa machines down....
    Not even a ****in hint of irony in her voice as she turns to me and says " Can you pay in cash "?"

What sort of replies did that comment get from their 'friends', I would be deleting and blocking anyone that I was connected too if they posted something so racist and abusive (also factually incorrect). :mad: I know they aren't your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

pc7 wrote: »
    What sort of replies did that comment get from their 'friends', I would be deleting and blocking anyone that I was connected too if they posted something so racist and abusive (also factually incorrect). :mad: I know they aren't your friend.

Thankfully very little in the way of comments so I'd say most of the friends are staying well away from this! One did mention they saw a "foreigner" sending a load of money home and thought it was disgraceful, however another pointed out that Irish emigrants did that for years too so what's wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Person 1: Tears are words that need to be written.

Random Hero: No, theyre secretions of the eyes,but good guess.

Person 1: No theyre not, everyone hurts and everyone crys, never be afraid to heal.

I could stand the initial vapid, basic peckerwood nonsense thats shilled to teenagers because the words look pretty. but that fcuking smug reply made me want to tear my hair out. You cant change biology to suit your post, the comma suggests (well to me) that whatever is following will explain why tears aren't secretions of the eyes but we're left with a morning talkshow closing line. god am i petty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Fozzydog3 wrote: »

Person 1: No theyre not, everyone hurts and everyone crys, never be afraid to heal.

I could stand the initial vapid, basic peckerwood nonsense thats shilled to teenagers because the words look pretty. but that fcuking smug reply made me want to tear my hair out. You cant change biology to suit your post, the comma suggests (well to me) that whatever is following will explain why tears aren't secretions of the eyes but we're left with a morning talkshow closing line. god am i petty
    Person 1 heard the REM song, found it VERY profound, add a bit of Oprah, hey presto your Maya Angelou

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Fozzydog3 wrote: »

I could stand the initial vapid, basic peckerwood nonsense thats shilled to teenagers because the words look pretty. but that fcuking smug reply made me want to tear my hair out.

The next generation's Mortified Nation is going to be people reading back through their facebook pages…

I wore a Kangol Sweater, Cubs Baseball Cap, Nike High Tops and ate Lemon Chicken.

PEACE! ONE LOVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gets a bit sinister at the end....

Does anyone no wer pregnant people get free pregnancy massages i want one boo whoo mw bby grl will be the death of me she is a heavy baby id say she is gonna be da spit ou of her daddys mouth coz she takes after him already wi da kicks and punches u wud swear it was him punchin and kickin me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Does anyone no wer pregnant people get free pregnancy massages i want one boo whoo mw bby grl will be the death of me she is a heavy baby id say she is gonna be da spit ou of her daddys mouth coz she takes after him already wi da kicks and punches u wud swear it was him punchin and kickin me xx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

padd b1975 wrote: »

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My Girlfriend/ Her family love a check in:( I'm always being checked in when I'm out with them. I hate it myself. ShanoTheSlayer Checked in at Laughter Lounge... ShanoTheslayer checked in at Family BBQ... ShanoTheSlayer checked in at Pub... Don't think I've ever checked in once. There's usually around 9 of us somebody will throw the Check In up and the rest will like it, while we're there...

Not my cup of tea but I say nought, not worth the hassle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

padd b1975 wrote: »

A bit...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Absolute joke that dole wont let me claim 4. My Child. Cause ii dnt have custody of her I only get 144 wtf can I do with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

your just bein a dic head and i didnt evn do nytn wat al becuz i said i have a kid? u r shallow nd if thats your way of thnkn gud l luck to u buddy cuz ppl like u get nowhere in life

All because i said no to a date with someone with a child .... I am 22 years old i don't won't kids :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

your just bein a dic head and i didnt evn do nytn wat al becuz i said i have a kid? u r shallow nd if thats your way of thnkn gud l luck to u buddy cuz ppl like u get nowhere in life

All because i said no to a date with someone with a child .... I am 22 years old i don't won't kids :eek:

I won't date someone who writes like that, kid or no kid...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Good job, because that's how you get herpes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

My Girlfriend/ Her family love a check in:( I'm always being checked in when I'm out with them. I hate it myself. ShanoTheSlayer Checked in at Laughter Lounge... ShanoTheslayer checked in at Family BBQ... ShanoTheSlayer checked in at Pub... Don't think I've ever checked in once. There's usually around 9 of us somebody will throw the Check In up and the rest will like it, while we're there...

Not my cup of tea but I say nought, not worth the hassle :pac:

You can stop being checking you in, in the settings

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

YOUR FREE BUS TRAVEL AND ALL THE ****ING MONEY YOU SEND BACK TO YOUR FORTY SEVEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS..

ahaha jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Absolute joke that dole wont let me claim 4. My Child. Cause ii dnt have custody of her I only get 144 wtf can I do with that

Get a job ya tool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Get a job ya tool :)

Agreed ........ And better still 'stick summat on the end ov it'

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

Someone I know posted this photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Someone I know posted this photo

I wouldnt order a steak that was all fat either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I wouldnt order a steak that was all fat either.

I wouldn't order a steak that posted a delusional picture of itself thinking it's all that and slagging the leaner steaks for being normal and not giving a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Msg mi asap. Hav ta gt rid ov indi tikets .

Ffs . Why do so many people buy tickets they have no intention of using .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Msg mi asap. Hav ta gt rid ov indi tikets .

Ffs . Why do so many people buy tickets they have no intention of using .
    That's your issue with that mess of a post? :p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8 Yop on yop oF

Sorry I didn't go to college and get a degree instead I went wrong road and made miatakes I wont b prerend to me someone im not ye I got locked up nd **** but I am with my kids 24 7 once a month sum people bother wit dem I wont b black anymore u forget who gave birth to dem amd minding dem we're were u

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement