Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Pro-nutririon l go to the gym 2 days a week and play football twice a week aswell. In relation to supplements which would be better Pro-Matrix & or just big whey which I am currently taking.

Sorry if its a very general question but im not sure if I am getting the best out of my workout.

Cheers in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pro-Nutrition

Amaru KGB wrote: »
    Pro-nutririon l go to the gym 2 days a week and play football twice a week aswell. In relation to supplements which would be better Pro-Matrix & or just big whey which I am currently taking.

Sorry if its a very general question but im not sure if I am getting the best out of my workout.

Cheers in advance

Hi,I have to say I have used both and found both to be good. If I was to pick one now I would have to use the Matrix (Strawberry) :D The Matrix has a time release system so that you have a constant supply of good protein, where as Whey is in and out of your system in something like 2-3 hours.

simoncc wrote: »
    what would you rate as better than NO Explode ? I want to try that !

Simoncc, I would say that Explode is amazing because I use it and it works for me. I think its fair to say that what works for me may not work for you. I would from time to time stop taking Explode for say about 3-4 weeks just to give my system a break. Then I would try something else, I dont know if anyone would know of the Massacara from Olimp, well let me tell you. Its the bo****. Prior to training you make it up with warm water, (THATS REALLY THE SECERT) :D let it cool down and drink roughly 30 mins before you train. Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

slingerz wrote: »
    Is there any supplement to help lose weight while training and do they they? I recently suffered a bad injury that left me immobile for the past 8 months and my weight ballooned to 15st and I'm a 6ft guy!

Can anyone help with this query?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rugby100

Use a fat burner with a protein as well like Ripped or Themox Lipoburn some these products take 2 a day and these should help your metabolisim quicken up. And help with some weight loss with hard training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rugby100

I used that Tornado and I play with some rugby lads and they are also using it now they have used both but reckon its better than the expolde a little bit more expensive though thats the only issue, I also know some comprimise rules guys will be using it as they have used it during the season gone by,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rugby100 wrote: »
    Use a fat burner with a protein as well like Ripped or Themox Lipoburn some these products take 2 a day and these should help your metabolisim quicken up. And help with some weight loss with hard training.

Whats a fat burner? and where would I get this stuff?

Whats a fat burner? and where would I get this stuff?

Hi, A fat burner is a supplement that will speed up your metabolism and basically help you burn off any extra pounds, pure and simple. There are many on the market and I have to say a lot of them are over rated. Hydroxycut would be a good fat burner but over priced, with peeing of GEM check out my link below.Thats all I have to say on the matter or GEM will kick my sorry arse.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im training for the last 7 years, during the second year i had 3 months of pure creatine powder and whey protein (noticed huge improvements) and since then, 5 years ago I have taken nothing. Recently I bought Maximuscle Cyclone and Im wondering should I be taking something with it or is it good enough on its own to be as potent as creatine/protein mix?

FearDark wrote: »
    Im training for the last 7 years, during the second year i had 3 months of pure creatine powder and whey protein (noticed huge improvements) and since then, 5 years ago I have taken nothing. Recently I bought Maximuscle Cyclone and Im wondering should I be taking something with it or is it good enough on its own to be as potent as creatine/protein mix?

Hey man, I am not going to mention any product name for fear of the guys kicking my arse :D but there is a product out there that if you were to compare the ingredients it would be near enough the same as Maximuscle Cyclone and it works out about €10-15 cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Lads, you can leave each other visitor messages on your profile if you want to continue the discussion. Posts deleted (they were messy lookin'!!).
    did you get my pm man?
    Hey, I replied to your message and I hope that its of use to you. Let me know. Sorry for the late response but I am having some trouble with my website at the minute so trying to get that sorted. :D
    Ya no bother man but I also sent ya a PM with some more questions so if you could get a chance to answer some of those for me it would be great!!
    I never got the PM you just sent :confused:
    i pm'ed you too pro-nut early this morning. Did you get that one?
    Hey Slingerz. I sent you a reply, did you get it? Dont be afraid to drop me a mail with questions any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Riche670

Don't you find cyclone sickeningly sweet?

I use it but I still take additional creatine, glutamine, and pure protein (whey) without carbs as a meal supplement. I don't use Cyclone as a meal supp as there is quite a lot of carbs in it, and I'd be getting sufficient carbs from my meal.

Also taking paleo greens and fish oils.

What kind of programme you doing? (purely out of interest).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jimmy15

All -in-one products are designed for convenience (stating the obvious I know but still worth stating). I have used cyclone and was not its biggest fan.

I prefer to take creatine and protein separately because:
    (a) I have my favourite protein supplement (and its not maximuscle)
    (b) I have my favourite creatine supplement (and its not maximuscle)
    (c) I have greater control over each supplement, the amount of each I ingest, and when I take each
    (d) I have, when combined with good training (the most important thing!!), had great results doing it this way.

My advice would be to stick with what works for me, and obviously for you in the past, and lose the all-in-one :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jimmy15

Sorry, meant to say guys, mods, everyone, that I love the fitness forum. Just joined up recently (I have been looking for a good forum for ages) and am really enjoying this one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 walktheline

USN Creatine X4 capsules with a whey protein work for me rather than a combo product like cyclone. I done stay on creatine all the time preferring to load for 6 weeks and then stop. The combo producs have you on it all the time and they are expensive. Creatine X4 capsules from www.usnireland.ie are good product and their whey protein tastes pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 legend1981

can any one reccomend something bar lipo to shed those extra percentage of body fat..carido kills me if i do to much...and im an early morning gym person...which is hard

legend1981 wrote: »
    can any one reccomend something bar lipo to shed those extra percentage of body fat..carido kills me if i do to much...and im an early morning gym person...which is hard

Cardio, what a pain but it has to be done. I try to get most of mine done with power walking. There are a couple of good products out there to help drop the extra couple of pounds, one of which is very popular in the Thermospeed from Olimp (cheap and good) or you could try the likes of hydroxicut but these are fairly pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Or you could just try eating less instead of trying a quick fix to shift the extra fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The other day I bought two 150 capsule packets of Green Bulge Creatine. Three 5lbs of whey from TSFactory. Two bottles of 60 caffeine talbets, and a small tub of glutamine. I am quite happy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just wondering what people take pre-workout? Are many taking glutamine? I make an isotonic / hypotonic drink myself (basically a pinch of salt and some mi-wadi).

I'm approaching time for buying more whey and considering glutamine as a possible addition for pre and post workout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Im taking cell-x by nutrionx and have really noticed a difference!! I would highly recommend it and bsn syntha 6.
    They both taste great and work wonders. I might just post up some pre supplement photos and post (only started taking supplements recently)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

legend1981 wrote: »

Eat fewer calories and you'll store less fat.
    Or work out harder in the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chatibula

This is a message from a girl that is trying to 1) lose weight, and 2) to be really fit (with strong but not huge muscles). At the same time, I work long hours .. so need some energy to survive..

I have been working out for the last 3 months; my main purpose is to lose weight and to be fit. I am going to the gym 5 times a week and due to the work out; I started to get tired more often. Looking for more healthy proteins… I started to take whey protein powder before going to the gym every morning ... (and after the gym I usually have 3 white eggs with vegs and a brown pitta bread) I am feeling more energetic... but I am worry about the calories and fat of the whey (and the strange things that some brands put in their products).

Base on my initial research, the best option (for less fat and healthy) is buying a whey protein powder isolate. Don’t really care whether the whey does not have flavors or not…I usually prefer mixing it with natural flavors (I blend it with some ice, strawberries and orange juice)

My questions are the following:
    1. Why should I take the whey protein after the gym? Is ok to have it before it? As abovementioned, after the gym I usually have eggs…??
    1. Which is the best whey protein isolate powder that is available - at a reasonable price? And where to buy it? I am buying for me and my husband so despite that we want quality, we still want to have money by the end of the month...
    2. The best one that I could find (price and quality) is Powerhealth (from a company in the UK) .. do you have any comments and negative reviews in regards this whey label ... haven’t found many reviews on the web about this specific product
    http://www.powerhealth.co.uk/products-detail.asp?cat1=16&cat2=68&productid=1601

3. What protein bar you recommend with less fat and calories (and where to buy it in Dublin) taking into account that I am focusing in loosing and maintaining the weight that i have lost and to build nice but no to big muscles?? I am planning to have as a snack a protein bar

4. As sometimes I am really busy in work for cooking .. I am thinking of start buying (only to use it some days) RTD (Ready to Drink) as Meal Replacements (to have a good mix of protein, carbs, fat that I need)… But 1) where I can buy this in Dublin? 2) I have been recommended the followings: Lean Body RTD Shakes or RTD from MetRx and Myoplex .. any comments on it?

Thanks for answering to all.. I am new in this fitness issues .. so my research have brought me some doubts that haven’t been able to be resolve in the web.. hope you can help:)

Welcome to boards.ie

Took the liberty of cleaning that up a bit....
    chatibula wrote: »
    This is a message from a girl that is trying to 1) lose weight, and 2) to be really fit (with strong but not huge muscles). At the same time, I work long hours .. so need some energy to survive..

I have been working out for the last 3 months; my main purpose is to lose weight and to be fit. I am going to the gym 5 times a week and due to the work out; I started to get tired more often. Looking for more healthy proteins… I started to take whey protein powder before going to the gym every morning ... (and after the gym I usually have 3 white eggs with vegs and a brown pitta bread) I am feeling more energetic... but I am worry about the calories and fat of the whey (and the strange things that some brands put in their products).

Base on my initial research, the best option (for less fat and healthy) is buying a whey protein powder isolate. Don’t really care whether the whey does not have flavors or not…I usually prefer mixing it with natural flavors (I blend it with some ice, strawberries and orange juice)

My questions are the following:
    1. Why should I take the whey protein after the gym? Is ok to have it before it? As abovementioned, after the gym I usually have eggs…??
    1. Which is the best whey protein isolate powder that is available - at a reasonable price? And where to buy it? I am buying for me and my husband so despite that we want quality, we still want to have money by the end of the month...
    2. The best one that I could find (price and quality) is Powerhealth (from a company in the UK) .. do you have any comments and negative reviews in regards this whey label ... haven’t found many reviews on the web about this specific product
    http://www.powerhealth.co.uk/products-detail.asp?cat1=16&cat2=68&productid=1601

3. What protein bar you recommend with less fat and calories (and where to buy it in Dublin) taking into account that I am focusing in loosing and maintaining the weight that i have lost and to build nice but no to big muscles?? I am planning to have as a snack a protein bar

4. As sometimes I am really busy in work for cooking .. I am thinking of start buying (only to use it some days) RTD (Ready to Drink) asMeal Replacements (to have a good mix of protein, carbs, fat that I need)… But 1) where I can buy this in Dublin? 2) I have been recommended the followings: Lean Body RTD Shakes or RTD from MetRx and Myoplex .. any comments on it?

Thanks for answering to all.. I am new in this fitness issues .. so my research have brought me some doubts that haven’t been able to be resolve in the web.. hope you can help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nice first post. Although you might want to work on your editing skills.

It was my first post ever.. sorry for the editing problems.. and thanks for khannie for fixing it..

I am worry about the calories and fat of the whey (and the strange things that some brands put in their products).

Don't consider fat your enemy. Your body needs fats. You should be taking in a decent quantity of healthy fats every day.

You can find reasonably priced whey isolate here and here.
    1. Why should I take the whey protein after the gym?

When you work out you put your muscles into a catabolic state (i.e. they start breaking down). Whey immediately after working out helps with recovery (it is absorbed quickly by your body). Most people would take some carbs in their PWO shake. G'em has a post near the start of this thread on PWO shakes.

Thanks a mil.. for your quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Khannie wrote: »
    Don't consider fat your enemy. Your body needs fats. You should be taking in a decent quantity of healthy fats every day.

Spot on. Anyway, it's quite clear font tags are your enemy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

http://www.maximuscle.ie/thermobol

what do ye think of these?

Advertisement