Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Aragneer wrote: »
    When does the Online Finance Task have to be completed by?

5th of September, we got an email about it a couple of days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Thank you! Will do that tomorrow so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

In UL now... its good to be back has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

In UL now... its good to be back has to be said.

Must be extremely quiet there?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is HSG037 the big lecture theatre in the Health Science Building or is it one of those smaller rooms does anyone know?

Just looking at my timetable and I've something in Schumann at 10, then the HS at 11. Definitely going to be on time for that all the time. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Is HSG037 the big lecture theatre in the Health Science Building or is it one of those smaller rooms does anyone know?

Just looking at my timetable and I've something in Schumann at 10, then the HS at 11. Definitely going to be on time for that all the time. :P

Yep, its the big one on the right as you go in the door. That lecture theatre scares me cause of how steep it is :P I'm so brave~

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

iLaura wrote: »
    Yep, its the big one on the right as you go in the door. That lecture theatre scares me cause of how steep it is :P I'm so brave~

I've been in there twice for meetings and yeah, it creeps me out to no end. I'm always conscious of not leaning forward too much just in case I go head over heels. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Had a module with one lecture a week there last semester, horrible place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What's this I hear about sexy sexy shenanigans going on in the basement toilets of the library?

seachto7 wrote: »
    What's this I hear about sexy sexy shenanigans going on in the basement toilets of the library?

Haha, really? Some very eager first years? :P I just hope that my desk is back down there in the basement this semester

• Advertisement

I'm not sure who it was. I officially finished in UL last week, but a lecturer mentioned it to me. I used to use the bathrooms down there a lot during the year, but never noticed anyone "loitering".....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Is this the "hole-y" toilet?

My timetable was the best ever and then some fecker went and changed my German class from a nice spot on a Wednesday to 16-17 on a Friday! My bus is at 5... It's a tutorial and I need all of the points I can get for that module :/

Gonna have to miss the first one next week (German tutorials start week 1 like other languages)..Dammit!

Hope my class decides to try changing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Is SAA open this week? Need a form stamped and was gonna go down Wednesday because I can't go down any other day because I've already left UL :L Does anyone know if they'll be working this week?? :L

Is this the "hole-y" toilet?

Go on......?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Is SAA open this week? Need a form stamped and was gonna go down Wednesday because I can't go down any other day because I've already left UL :L Does anyone know if they'll be working this week?? :L

Pretty sure they are open all week. I passed by to go into the Co-op Office yesterday and SAA was packed. A huge queue of people waiting outside so you may want to put aside a good bit of time if you're planning on going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

seachto7 wrote: »
    Go on......?

AFAIK, the walls in the toilets there are ehh, "hole-y". Very glorious. Hint hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Not sure whether to put it here or in the happy days thread but house flooded. How and ever, was moved to Brennan Court so it's not too bad :P

sup_dude wrote: »
    Not sure whether to put it here or in the happy days thread but house flooded. How and ever, was moved to Brennan Court so it's not too bad :P

Hahaha, sweet! Thats quite an upgrade. Where abouts is Brennan Court?

How do you know?😸

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    How do you know?😸

How do I know what..? O.o

It's at the side of Kilmurry. Only there til they sort the place out which could be Friday

How do I know what..? O.o

That it is an upgrade.

YFlyer wrote: »
    That it is an upgrade.

Brennan Court is the fancy place that visitors stay when in UL. It's like a mini hotel.

sup_dude wrote: »
    Brennan Court is the fancy place that visitors stay when in UL. It's like a mini hotel.

And with tennis courts. If only the plebs stay away haha

I'm am getting so irritated with maintenance in Plassey... We've reported the fact that our shower upstairs and the hot water are both not working at least 2-3 times and still nothing... Like 8 girls are using the downstairs bathroom and having cold showers..House is getting gross already! Complaint number 4 and 5 going in today (by two separate housemates).

The fact that this house wasn't cleaned for when we were moving in too is gross..

AFAIK, the walls in the toilets there are ehh, "hole-y". Very glorious. Hint hint.

Not true. None of them are like that in the basement toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Whats the story with Tutorials and Labs for week 1? Have a tutorial @ 9 monday,

Whats the story with Tutorials and Labs for week 1? Have a tutorial @ 9 monday,

Wow their starting early.

Any indication on the timetable sheet? Normally the timetable would state what week they start.

Email the lecturer perhaps.

• Advertisement

I know that all language tutorials begin in Week 1 but wouldn't be too sure on other subjects.

You could always e-mail the lecturer and ask since your tutorial is obviously before the lecture, where they would usually tell us.

Advertisement