Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 refusing to unlock my phone

• 31-08-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

O2 are refusing to unlock my phone. I do not want to leave the network, I just want to be able to use my phone in Australia for three weeks using a local sim card.

I bought my phone, a Sony xperia z1compact on prepay in an o2 store about six months ago and I'm pretty sure I've topped up by the required €150, and if I'm close to that I don't mind topping up the balance to get it unlocked. The problem is that I contacted o2 today and they say that they've no record of my IMEI being registered, even though the guy I bought the phone off in the o2store said he registered it for me there and then. So their only suggestion now is to register my phone online today and then top-up by €150 before my holidays in November. Is there a way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Would the receipt not suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 waster666

I asked the o2 agent and he said no. The phone wasn't registered on their website the day of purchase according to their records so they won't accept proof of purchase which is more than annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

£14.50 or so on Ebay.co.uk.....just make sure you click on one of the unlockers with an Irish flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three's call centre refused for me before with the same situation, twitter lads sorted it in a few minutes. Try that maybe?

Advertisement