Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark Souls II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Not very far at all really, maybe 10%? The boss in chains you killed was one of the 4 old ones the Emerald Herald talks about. After you've killed all them you're about half way.
    The first game was linear and then splits, this splits and then becomes linear

wow only 10percent
    well then I am quite happy with that
    have 15hours clocked on it already
    More so from getting lost and not knowing which way is the right way:pac:
    hoping to have it finished before destiny comes out which is not looking likely considering I have had it a week already:pac:

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Oh not far into the game at all. It is longer than DS1. There are parts of it that shine magnificently and parts that you will just want to get through but it's worth seeing to the end. I've put about 200 hours into it, and the DLC's are excellent so far.

theirs no doubt I will see it to the end, its a great game, but I just feel let down by it when I am comparing it to number 1
    but by all means its a good game and well worth full retail price :)
    will wait until theirs a deal out for all 3 of the dlc's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    theirs no doubt I will see it to the end, its a great game, but I just feel let down by it when I am comparing it to number 1
    When you get into the PvP you'll see it's way improved from the first, great fun. Took me about 80-90 hours the first playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

As Cydoniac said, it improves as it goes on, and the PvP is brilliant. I was about 56 hours beating it first time so no rush like, takes me about 15 now

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I am really enjoying the Crown the Iron King DLC. It's like they reset the difficulty to make it feel like you are starting a new game i.e. all enemies are really tough (mainly due to being in groups) no matter the level.

• Advertisement

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I am really enjoying the Crown the Iron King DLC. It's like they reset the difficulty to make it feel like you are starting a new game i.e. all enemies are really tough (mainly due to being in groups) no matter the level.
    Yeah, Dark Souls has not felt that tough since I first played DS1. I really enjoyed it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I thought the enemies in Sunken King were far trickier.
    The main guys never staggered and the ghost guys had defense through the roof. The drakesblood knights were lethal also.

Really like what I've played of Iron King.
    Opening up the shortcut back to the Foyer bonfire was
    a real throwback to DS1, highlighted the lack of interconnectivity to the level design in DS2.

penev10 wrote: »
    I thought the enemies in Sunken King were far trickier.
    The main guys never staggered and the ghost guys had defense through the roof. The drakesblood knights were lethal also.

Really like what I've played of Iron King.
    Opening up the shortcut back to the Foyer bonfire was
    a real throwback to DS1, highlighted the lack of interconnectivity to the level design in DS2.

Ye true, although the greater numbers here overwhelm you. Ye the shortcut is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Anyone else giving a SL1 run a bash? I think it's easier than a DS1 SL1 run in ways, and more difficult in others. I miss being able to 1-hand a light crossbow, but the aim function of two-handed crossbows is a nice feature. I miss the i-frames of ninja rolling in DS1, but at least you can fast-roll less than 70% of your weight in DS2. Finally, I miss elemental weapons and OP pyromancy :'(

Currently trying to take down Elana and thence Sinh to take the Crown of the Sunken King so I can expand my equipment range (ZWEIHANDER!!!)

Anyone else giving a SL1 run a bash? I think it's easier than a DS1 SL1 run in ways, and more difficult in others. I miss being able to 1-hand a light crossbow, but the aim function of two-handed crossbows is a nice feature. I miss the i-frames of ninja rolling in DS1, but at least you can fast-roll less than 70% of your weight in DS2. Finally, I miss elemental weapons and OP pyromancy :'(

Currently trying to take down Elana and thence Sinh to take the Crown of the Sunken King so I can expand my equipment range (ZWEIHANDER!!!)
    I tried SL1 DS1 the other night... Couldn't believe how hard it was, first run in Lordran is not easy, even for seasoned players. Think I could just about manage it for DS2 though.

• Advertisement

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I tried SL1 DS1 the other night... Couldn't believe how hard it was, first run in Lordran is not easy, even for seasoned players. Think I could just about manage it for DS2 though.

Give it a bash again, you'd be amazed at how good you get at swinging a reinforced club and dodging like a ninja! Oh forgot to mention, the lifegems in DS2 make thing SO much easier!!

Im finding dark souls 2 alot harder then 1. The bosses are easier but the enemies seem harder. I have made a tank class because of it haha.

What is a SL1 run?

What is a SL1 run?

It means you have to pick the Pyromancer character in Dark Souls 1, or the Deprived so you can start at Soul Level 1 (SL1). From there, you just have to clear the game!

... oh yeah. Also, you can't level up. AT ALL. :p

It means you have to pick the Pyromancer character in Dark Souls 1, or the Deprived so you can start at Soul Level 1 (SL1). From there, you just have to clear the game!

... oh yeah. Also, you can't level up. AT ALL. :p

Wow! Now that's a challenge - I'd say run, roll, roll, back stab, run, roll.

What about the runs with no saves/rests and you get a special ring? I think there is two different kinds.

What about the runs with no saves/rests and you get a special ring? I think there is two different kinds.

One with No deaths, and one with No resting at bonfires. You get a ring that makes your weapons invisible...Useful for PvP but that's about it

The no-death one isn't too bad, all you have to do is use the ring of life protection. The no-rests one can be done if you don't mind co-oping to heal yourself. I don't think those rings are all that worth it though

The no-death one isn't too bad, all you have to do is use the ring of life protection. The no-rests one can be done if you don't mind co-oping to heal yourself. I don't think those rings are all that worth it though
    Lifegems could do the job for you! The right hand invisibility is amazing for PvP - having something like a Demon's Great Hammer and not having the notice to avoid it.

Just copped that Co-Op is going to be super limited in the SL1 run...gonna take the newbie course to end up with a SM close to others

Psn name is J4CK_2O11 that's a o not a zero...during my B3b0 S7unN4h years

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

new qwertee tshirt to vote on:

54892.jpg

• Advertisement

Just copped that Co-Op is going to be super limited in the SL1 run...gonna take the newbie course to end up with a SM close to others

Psn name is J4CK_2O11 that's a o not a zero...during my B3b0 S7unN4h years

Not at all! It's based off Soul Memory, not level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

As saidinmilamber said, summoning etc is based off the Soul Memory, which is the total amount of souls you acquire throughout the game

If anything, Co-Op should be easier in Dark Souls 2 as an SL1 as the majority of your summons at later stages will have high end gear, rather than SL1 in Dark Souls 1 where you can barely summon anyone, and if you do, have only weapons/gear to suit the stats of SL1.

Chunk-farming in the belfries can be a bit painful though when people with way better equipment and better ranged options are your targets. Most satisfying though when you bring one of them down! :D

Oh so its solely SM? Thought level factored into it too :o Not bad, should make it a bit easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Not really true SL1 though if you're summoning help that is at the appropriate level for an area. SL1 solo, or with other SL1 players.
    Currently working through DS1 as SL1, lost my previous save where I just had Four Kings and Gwyn left on SL1, kinda pissed, but enjoying doing it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Not really true SL1 though if you're summoning help that is at the appropriate level for an area. SL1 solo, or with other SL1 players.

Thing is, it's virtually impossible to play with other SL1 players in Dark Souls 2 thanks to Soul Memory, unless you're extremely lucky. But I defintely agree with you! In a way doing an SL1 is redundant if you can summon somebody in full havels armor and wielding higher tier weapons.

I shudder at the thought of fighting Velstadt solo as an SL1 >_<

Cravez wrote: »
    Thing is, it's virtually impossible to play with other SL1 players in Dark Souls 2 thanks to Soul Memory, unless you're extremely lucky. But I defintely agree with you! In a way doing an SL1 is redundant if you can summon somebody in full havels armor and wielding higher tier weapons.

I shudder at the thought of fighting Velstadt solo as an SL1 >_<

The majoiry of people I end up summoning are liabilities no matter what level I am :mad: I've solo'd every boss between my Dex and magic build, so even if they only act as a distraction they'll be useful

Currently stuck , made it the the Iron keep
    stuck at the start of it, the smelter demon is it? anyhow, keep getting killed by him
    ran out of effigys , but like that matters because I have not been able to summon anyone since the chariot knight...
    Its like I can't summon anyone now, none of their summon signs are showing up anymore
    but if I put down a summon sign I get summoned
    But I can't see anyone elses summon signs.
    I ran out of effigys from seening if I could see any summon signs before the smelter boss, but no ones except for an npc's one

my soul memorie is 589254
    am I too low? to high? I preferred SL for summoning.
    Trying to go different areas to find some more effigys because without a summon or that npc I won't get past this boss (even if hes optional I'd like to kill him)

edit: also my health is currently on half, so I need an effigy badly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Currently stuck , made it the the Iron keep
    stuck at the start of it, the smelter demon is it? anyhow, keep getting killed by him
    ran out of effigys , but like that matters because I have not been able to summon anyone since the chariot knight...
    Its like I can't summon anyone now, none of their summon signs are showing up anymore
    but if I put down a summon sign I get summoned
    But I can't see anyone elses summon signs.
    I ran out of effigys from seening if I could see any summon signs before the smelter boss, but no ones except for an npc's one

my soul memorie is 589254
    am I too low? to high? I preferred SL for summoning.
    Trying to go different areas to find some more effigys because without a summon or that npc I won't get past this boss (even if hes optional I'd like to kill him)

Smelter is optional btw.

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    Smelter is optional btw.

I'd like to kill him

Advertisement