Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Same thing happened last year but they caught on quickly and blocked them before i could have a look. try not to tell everybody :rolleyes: but then again you have posted it already so prepare for them to be blocked again

If they're as quick to block it as they are to fix the email system we'll probably be safe for the foreseeable future. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If they're as quick to block it as they are to fix the email system we'll probably be safe for the foreseeable future. :P

The ITD stage by stage guide to fixing a problem

Try blaming the students memories
    Try blaming the students laptops
    Stick head in sand and wait
    ?????
    Profit

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My QCA jumped by .16 this morning because a grade went from a C3 to an A2 on recheck... I'm now within realistic touching distance of the discretionary band for a 1.1, and could potentially get it outright if modules go my way...

Let this be a lesson to you all, if there's ANY niggling doubt about a grade, talk to your lecturer and get it rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

My QCA jumped by .16 this morning because a grade went from a C3 to an A2 on recheck... I'm now within realistic touching distance of the discretionary band for a 1.1, and could potentially get it outright if modules go my way...

Let this be a lesson to you all, if there's ANY niggling doubt about a grade, talk to your lecturer and get it rechecked.

Congrats dude

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

C3 to an A2?? Wow, that's an incredible jump. Congrats buddy and best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Data Mining? Few people had a good few queries about that alright.

chrislad wrote: »
    Data Mining? Few people had a good few queries about that alright.

Nope, Distributed Systems. I think there was a mix-up and the lecturer didn't actually get my final exam paper (I type exams) so didn't add that to the result.

Seriously though, I was so close to not following up on it. I was sitting in work with the email open going "Well, if I'm brutally honest with myself, that C3 could be fair... Maybe I'll just leave it..." :o

I'm still well chuffed over it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

No good news for almost 2 weeks!
    Probably not even good news for most but I've applied for my Erasmus for Spring '15 :) Fingers crossed for Venice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

That far in advance, I'm sure you'll get it

Two applied and two places available...
    Ill be disappointed if I miss it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Two applied and two places available...
    Ill be disappointed if I miss it...

At which point you'll be abandoning the happy days thread..:P Best of luck with it though!

I'll be starting TP in two weeks, excited, but nervous. And I miss charity week. Dunno how I feel about that yet

I'll forever reside in the Bitch Thread... :P
    Best of luck with it. Personally I hate Charity week, far too noisy and am always issued a test either midway through it or an assignment due the Friday of it.. :/ :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

To double with my bitch in the bitch thread, thought I'd actually give some good news for once!

I got my FYP supervisor I wanted! Yessss. If they think I'm holding off getting one whilst all the slots fill up they can get lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

The library on Saturdays is so nice and quiet :) Able to work away in peace and don't have to worry about rushing to classes. Wish I'd started doing this sooner!

FYP handed up today, woooooo :D

Ah lads!
    4 pages back!
    Starting to think I missed it!

Got Coop in Spain teaching English!

Only 3 month though so search isn't over, but it's a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Finished forever yesterday.
    Brought back memories of my first night in UL over in Mossin, Petee and DJCRs house when I had no idea where to go and it took me nearly an hour to get there from Dromroe .
    Weird thing is I also spent my very last night at a party in the same house!

I finally learned what M&M's stands for!

Tommy Bolger's already the best president because of that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I finally learned what M&M's stands for!

Tommy Bolger's already the best president because of that. :pac:

I'm more impressed that you found this thread, to be honest

sup_dude wrote: »
    I'm more impressed that you found this thread, to be honest

Thought I'd better bring it back before all the firsties arrive and think we're all miserable bastards with our massive bitch thread. :pac:

Today's Woo-Hoo:

5,220 words. 23 pages, at least 9 of which are diagrams. A 5 minute proof read because, let's face it, it's the most it'll ever be read.

Co-op Report = Done.

:D

• Advertisement

Thought I'd better bring it back before all the firsties arrive and think we're all miserable bastards with our massive bitch thread. :pac:

Today's Woo-Hoo:

5,220 words. 23 pages, at least 9 of which are diagrams. A 5 minute proof read because, let's face it, it's the most it'll ever be read.

Co-op Report = Done.

:D

Speaking of bringing things back, since I'm not even half finished it yet... GET OUT!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Masters thesis handed in.

6 years of UL is officially over today!

Best of luck to all of ye in the future.

Started training for job in Seville today, enjoyable but GOD it's hot!
    Cheapskate I am, picked one of the cheapest rooms available, now it's a 30/40 minute walk to place of work, not too bad in the morning at a brisk 22', but the walk back is killer...
    Also every trip too and from the place, I've got lost at least once, took me 2 hours both mornings to get there and yesterday it took me 3 hours to get back. One of the most soul destroying experiences of my life..
    Also room has no air con and no fridge, oven or kettle available to public on premises...

God that turned sour fast...
    There's something about this thread...

Lovely place and people though!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭qwertyups

Can anyone tell em if we need to stick around college all day tomorrow or is it just a case of pick up your id and go to your own class meeting?

Everything I'm reading says stay 9 to 5 but surely thats not needed. I'm doing a postgrad after doing 4 years in Ul already by the way.

qwertyups wrote: »
    Can anyone tell em if we need to stick around college all day tomorrow or is it just a case of pick up your id and go to your own class meeting?

Everything I'm reading says stay 9 to 5 but surely thats not needed. I'm doing a postgrad after doing 4 years in Ul already by the way.

I'm in the exact same situation as yourself. I'm kind of hoping the course meeting gets pushed forward like what happened with my sister's undergrad one this week. I don't want to be shown around campus by some 2nd year and know more about it than them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭qwertyups

I'm in the exact same situation as yourself. I'm kind of hoping the course meeting gets pushed forward like what happened with my sister's undergrad one this week. I don't want to be shown around campus by some 2nd year and know more about it than them :P

Do you get your new ID after you course meeting or? Sorry my memory of first year is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I don't want to be shown around campus by some 2nd year and know more about it than them :P

I would love that!

It may be of benefit to hang around, even if you already did your undergrad in UL as you'll get to know people in your new course better.

qwertyups wrote: »
    Do you get your new ID after you course meeting or? Sorry my memory of first year is appalling.
    It depends on the time table.
    Lads, don't be arses to the guides, even if you've been here before. The guides have gone over the same thing over and over all week so they're not completely oblivious to what it's like. The chances are, if you've been before then you'll be just told where to go and when and let go. If you're not, there's probably a reason and postgrads are infamous for the "I don't want to be led by younger people" and some end up being down right nasty. Guides are just doing their jobs.

sup_dude wrote: »
    It depends on the time table.
    Lads, don't be arses to the guides, even if you've been here before. The guides have gone over the same thing over and over all week so they're not completely oblivious to what it's like. The chances are, if you've been before then you'll be just told where to go and when and let go. If you're not, there's probably a reason and postgrads are infamous for the "I don't want to be led by younger people" and some end up being down right nasty. Guides are just doing their jobs.

Nobody said a single thing about being arses to the guides? I have every intention of going and paying attention. Doesn't mean we have to enjoy it.

In response to PolarIce: Will be fun getting to know the other people at least :D

• Advertisement

Nobody said a single thing about being arses to the guides? I have every intention of going and paying attention. Doesn't mean we have to enjoy it.

In response to PolarIce: Will be fun getting to know the other people at least :D
    Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, it just happens every year. We were told someone went home last year in tears. It wasn't aimed at anyone in here as such, just to keep in mind since ye are gonna be there tomorrow :P

Advertisement