Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knuckle - RTE Sunday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

dorgasm wrote: »
    People constantly criticise RTE for showing shite (which I agree with, it's mostly muck) and now they put something decent on and lo and behold, complaining :rolleyes:
    Amen brother

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

People constantly criticise RTE for showing shite (which I agree with, it's mostly muck) and now they put something decent on and lo and behold, complaining :rolleyes:

Welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

This man here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

This is a brilliant documentary. No need to ridicule RTE for showing it.

Well its better than tallaghtfornia or what ever its called :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ricardo G wrote: »
    Its called lack of education and ignorance, i don't believe all this tradition rubbish and "its not for the money". They're lives revolve around crime, simple as

Not all travellers agree with or engage in bare fist fighting, like any other human beings they are good, bad and indifferent, to reduce them all to criminals is bordering on racism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Caraville wrote: »
    they know the rest if the country don't behave like that.

we're not that much better than travellers for fighting, drinking, dodging taxes, skirting responsibility, littering, being obsessed by money, and having poor literacy.

realies wrote: »
    Well its better than tallaghtfornia or what ever its called :)
    I couldn't possibly comment as I haven't watched it on Blu-Ray yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Come on, lads. A bit of fair play!

we're not that much better than travellers for fighting, drinking, dodging taxes, skirting responsibility, littering, being obsessed by money, and having poor literacy.

Something about bankers

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Jaysus someone please tell them that the past tense of fight is fought, not fighted!

• Advertisement

I couldn't possibly comment as I haven't watched it on Blu-Ray yet

Obviously me neither :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Its entertaining to be fair, but its done in such a way that these morons could potentially be somewhat celebrities. Next thing we know Joe Joyce is taking over commentary from Jimmy McGee on Saturday nights pro box live, James Quinn will replace Pat Kenny on frontline etc :D

Caravelle wrote: »
    Jaysus someone please tell them that the past tense of fight is fought, not fighting!

Now now caraville speaking proper english is the least of there worries.

they know the rest if the country don't behave like that.

Ah come on, you know what I mean. I agree that people in the rest of society do their fair share of dodgy dealings too but most people just go about their lives making the best of it and staying out of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Its entertaining to be fair, but its done in such a way that these morons could potentially be somewhat celebrities. Next thing we know Joe Joyce is taking over commentary from Jimmy McGee on Saturday nights pro box live, James Quinn will replace Pat Kenny on frontline etc :D

Jimmy McGee has openly talked about how he is in favour of the legalisation of bare knuckle boxing in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,988 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thank god for subtitles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

How do they understand eachother?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Not all travellers agree with or engage in bare fist fighting, like any other human beings they are good, bad and indifferent, to reduce them all to criminals is bordering on racism

Are you for real ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

It depends if the rioters are rioting about something that is a worthy cause. If an interviewer properly challenges a gang member as to why they go down that path, then fair enough.

These people on tonight are just knuckleheads (pardon the pun) who want to carry on feuds forever, and sort them through violent means. Bad idea to raise their profile.

I prefer documentaries where you make your own mind up, with minimum intervention from the director (like Earl Morris's films such as The Fog Of War), not ones were you are been moralised to, let people hang by their own words/actions, as an adult its up to us to figure out if these people are admirable or not.

Their gym is better than mine. Mine is like Wolfslair to their Extreme Couture

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Whoever done subtitles is useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

realies wrote: »
    Now now caraville speaking proper english is the least of there worries.

..their worries

bfocusd wrote: »

Probably a traveller :o:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

Are you for real ???

Racist!

[subtitles] Whomever created the subtitles is incompetent at their avenue of employment [subtitles]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Ah come on, you know what I mean. I agree that people in the rest of society do their fair share of dodgy dealings too but most people just go about their lives making the best of it and staying out of trouble.

yeah i know exactly what you're saying, but i think we have a victimisation mentality just like travellers. Our problems are always someone elses fault. Very insular.

Something about bankers (again)

In all fairness, the subtitles aren't really necessary! The odd word here and there is a bit different but other than that I understand them ok. Or maybe I can add Traveller to my list of languages...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

A lot of these people went to the Alvarez school of fight predictions.

Pick the name you can pronounce to win by knockout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They must all have got a day off work for this fight, oh thats right they dont work...

Advertisement