Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 electrojim

Has anyone put money on Broncos for superbowl? cant bet against tebow! has god on his side

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

electrojim wrote: »
    Has anyone put money on Broncos for superbowl? cant bet against tebow! has god on his side

this = madden thread!
    playoff thread is here boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76426448#post76426448

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I'll paypal you that tenner later on

Don't tell the Titans ;)

>_>
    The Browns are playing for something more than €€€€ and thats pride!!

Sure....pride. How much the 9th overall draft pick worth to you ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

>_>

Sure....pride. How much the 9th overall draft pick worth to you ;)
    Packet of meanies:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There's a few of us going to the woolshed to watch the 49ers-Saints on Saturday, If anyone is around drop me a PM and we can arrange a meetup. I should be there from around 9(at the latest).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

McG wrote: »
    Pudsy33, when are you on for our game? I'm around this evening, tomorrow evening or Friday evening.

51-36 to the Texans

Another horrible performance. 6 ints here plus fumbles and lost muffed punts.
    I'm done with Madden once this season is over, I'm not enjoying it... at all

AGhhhhhhhhh Ravens win it in overtime.
    Browns got off to a bad start giving up a safety on a wildcat that went horribly wrong (I really have to stop doing those :o )
    Then nothing much happened other than my run get stuffed at the line (33 rushing yards) and Mike running riot with his running game.
    Even an interception run back for six and a fumble return for 6 didn't help me.

In overtime the browns punt it away, then the ravens punt it away, then the browns punt it away, and then the Ravens beat me deep and connect on a 62 yard pass.

Fun Fact of the game. My RB had an average of 1.2 yard per carry on 17 attempts. Cam newton had an average of 14 yards per carry on 1 attempt.

It all comes down to next week for Heli's Titans and Mikes Ravens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

51-36 to the Texans

The only aspect of that game I enjoyed was the scoreline, I threw 6 picks too. It was a horrible messy affair. That said it blows the division wide open coming into week 17!

Can someone explain the Tiebreak? If i beat the Titans and Colts lose, can I be division champion? Or do I need to hope the ravens lose so i can clinch a wildcard?

AGhhhhhhhhh Ravens win it in overtime.
    Browns got off to a bad start giving up a safety on a wildcat that went horribly wrong (I really have to stop doing those :o )
    Then nothing much happened other than my run get stuffed at the line (33 rushing yards) and Mike running riot with his running game.
    Even an interception run back for six and a fumble return for 6 didn't help me.

In overtime the browns punt it away, then the ravens punt it away, then the browns punt it away, and then the Ravens beat me deep and connect on a 62 yard pass.

Fun Fact of the game. My RB had an average of 1.2 yard per carry on 17 attempts. Cam newton had an average of 14 yards per carry on 1 attempt.

It all comes down to next week for Heli's Titans and Mikes Ravens.

NOOOOOO!!! :P Am I still in with a Chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I do have a mic but I think you can't hear me but I can hear you, I'll get a new one shortly
    Though I spend most games swearing at the screen :p

Enjoyable game

Battle of the punters in the first quarter and Ravens did better then usual, three punts within the eight yard line
    Ravens blitz get to Cam Newton and it's a safety. Ravens up by two

Second quarter and Thomas Jones is gashing the Browns for a 65 yd TD
    Two point conversion and its 10 - 0

Browns run defense was very good through and stopped quite a number of short yardage runs

Fightback is one, McNabb throwing his usual quota of picks, Jay Feely with 51yd FG
    Near the end of the quarter McNabb goes for play-action, gets blasted, ball fumbled and Browns run it in before the half

10 - 10 at the half

Cleveland now pull ahead returned a punt return fumble and a pick 6
    Browns up 24 -10 as the fourth quarter begins

Ravens go pass happy and it doesn't always work, there were a few three and outs.
    Eventually they work out a good play for Jason Witten in the middle and Ravens power up the field.
    I'm aware we have rules on fourth down. I had to go it on fourth and seventeen. Was on the 36 yd line and had to do it, Jason Witten falling over the line to convert

24-17

Browns go to run down the clock and get a crucial third down conversion with a clever run right up the middle, Ravens burn all their timouts and we're under the one minute mark

Ravens race up the field and are left in another fourth and 19.
    Witten gets the ball but is tackled at the goaline
    Thomas Jones powers in and we're heading for overtime

Cam Newton with a huge pass, over fifty yards down the field and the reciever fumbled it. :eek:
    The reciever and the cornerback just sprawled on the ground and the ball laying there, a Ravens linebacker eventually got back to get it

Julian Edelman get a 62 yd pass and something called the Santonio Holmes achievement which I'm going to check what that means.

Some stats:
    Thomas Jones with three TD's and 160 yds. AFC Player of the week? :)
    McNabb was feeling agile with two third down conversions and 25yd runs. Including one in OT where he ghosted past the defensive back and got the conversion with inches to spare.
    And McNabb battered a linebacker and knocked him out of the game, oh yeah :cool:

Some notes
    I had to go for it on fourth down in the fourth quarter. Down two scores, I'd no other option. So hope that's clear :)

I battered your punt returner twice but you're calling those fair catches right at the very last second. Ok, I'm getting rightly penalised for them, just something that was going on in the game

• Advertisement

If all all three of you end up 10-6 then the 1st tie break is head to head record
    Texans: 2-2
    Titans: 2-2
    Colts: 2-2

All would be the same, so it moves on to games within the division
    Colts: 3-3
    Texans: 4-2
    Titans: 4-2
    Colts would be eliminated

Then it goes to common games
    Houston would be 9-6
    Titans would also be 9-6

Then you are down to conferance record
    Houston: 8-4
    Tennesse: 6-6

There's hope for you yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

don't lose heart McG , pick a new strategy/practice more , start your won franchise, or if your about for a few friendlies gimme a shout!

It be a shame to lose ya! :(

I do have a mic but I think you can't hear me but I can hear you, I'll get a new one shortly
    Though I spend most games swearing at the screen :p
    Couldn't hear you, but I also spend most of my time swearing :o
    Ravens blitz get to Cam Newton and it's a safety. Ravens up by two
    That was Jahvid Best, some fool of a manager/controller guy thought he would be good as QB :o

Cam Newton with a huge pass, over fifty yards down the field and the reciever fumbled it. :eek:
    The reciever and the cornerback just sprawled on the ground and the ball laying there, a Ravens linebacker eventually got back to get it
    This was one of the moments that caused much cursing. Brandon Lloyd and whoever the Ravens DB was both went up for the ball, my guy came down with it and the ball just popped out. The two boys were lying on the ground about 50 yards away from anyone else and I'm screaming at the tv for yer man to get up but then a raven got the ball :(
    Some notes
    I had to go for it on fourth down in the fourth quarter. Down two scores, I'd no other option. So hope that's clear :)

I battered your punt returner twice but you're calling those fair catches right at the very last second. Ok, I'm getting rightly penalised for them, just something that was going on in the game
    Yeah, I know. I declined the penalty on one of them because it was a user controlled player and it was far to late for you to do anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wow.. mcg you won the 2 seasons ago and came second last season ans trounced me in the play offs. you play the jags next... youll win.

a good come back by the ravens makes next week a fcuking stormer!!

pudsy.. im away for work from about 6 o clock sunday to about 8 o clock friday night. if everyones games are played and the week advanced are you free sunday?

If all all three of you end up 10-6 then the 1st tie break is head to head record
    Texans: 2-2
    Titans: 2-2
    Colts: 2-2

All would be the same, so it moves on to games within the division
    Colts: 3-3
    Texans: 4-2
    Titans: 4-2
    Colts would be eliminated

Then it goes to common games
    Houston would be 9-6
    Titans would also be 9-6

Then you are down to conferance record
    Houston: 8-4
    Tennesse: 6-6

There's hope for you yet :D
    would this mean only the texans get the play offs?

if the titans and colts win they both go through?

Yes

Texans are still a game behind

I'd go through if i win and the Colts lose. You'd go threw if the Ravens were beaten, I think?

Pudsy33 wrote: »

I'd go through if i win and the Colts lose. You'd go threw if the Ravens were beaten, I think?
    yep if both me and the colts lose the only way i can get throiugh is if ravens lose too. i presume from the tiebreak above ill be on top of the colts?

Titans are a game ahead of the Ravens

If Titans win, they are in. All in their hands

Pudsy, do me a favour and rip them up :)

Titans are a game ahead of the Ravens

If Titans win, they are in. All in their hands

Pudsy, do me a favour and rip them up :)
    if the titans win they play the colts in the play offs i think.

Will be a nailbiter for sure. who do the ravens play?

• Advertisement

what would happen if.the texans and titana draw their game?

With a draw the Titans would be 10-5-1 which is a 0.656% (10.5 / 16)
    The Texans would be 9-6-1 (0.594)
    The Ravens,if they win, would be 10-6 (0.625)

As of right now, in the AFC.
    The Jets, Bengals and Broncos have clinched their their divisions. The Bills have clinched, at worst, the 6th seed. One more win will guarantee the the 5th.

The AFC South is still anyones game for the Colts, Titans and Texans.
    If the Colts & Titans win; then the Titans win the Division based on division record. The Colts and Bills will be 5th/6th seed (order depends on Bills results)

If the Colts, Texans & Ravens win; the Colts win the division, and the Ravens get the 6th Seed. Titans are eliminated from the divisional tiebreaker with the Texans based on conference record (post 1632) and then the Ravens edge out the Texans due to the head-to-head result.

Or another way to look at it.
    For the Ravens to make the play-offs; They must win, and the Texans must beat the Titans.

For the Texans to make the play-offs; The Ravens must lose, and they must beat the Titans.

For the Titans to make the play-offs; Win, or tie the game against Houston.

For the Colts to make the play-offs; Win, or tie the match against JAX, and for the Titans to win, or tie against the Texans.

I think all of the above is correct, but don't hold me to anything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

I think all of the above is correct, but don't hold me to anything :o

Nice work as always Dave. Thanks to last night's results (the crazy Texans 45-36 Colts game and the grinding Bills 10-7 Broncos) there is a small update.

Bengals locked into No.2 seed, as they own head-to-head wins over the Colts and Titans.
    Broncos locked into No.4 seed.
    Bills locked into No.6 seed.

We could have these two games replayed on Wildcard Weekend. Bills are guaranteed to travel to Mile High now, and the AFC South winner will play the No.6 seed.

On another note, only two more P.v.P matches left this week, and two P.v.CPU matches, so could be possible for a quick advancement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Just had a quick look at the Texans - Colts stats; due to the number of interceptions on both sides, WR Steve Smith led the Texans team with 3 tackles!

Just had a quick look at the Titans - Colts stats; due to the number of interceptions on both sides, WR Steve Smith led the Texans team with 3 tackles!

I think you mean Texans - Colts :)

But an interesting stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

On another note, only two more P.v.P matches left this week, and two P.v.CPU matches, so could be possible for a quick advancement?
    Unfortunately not. The only possible day for the Jets - Giants game to be played is Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Berty44 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. The only possible day for the Jets - Giants game to be played is Sunday.

Which i trust you'll win so i can keep my one win advantage:D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

The NFC West is tied a 9-6 between the 49rs and Cards, but it shows on the web app that the Cards are top, with the 49rs coming out on top both times they met. Why is that? or is it just waiting for an update?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Shane.C wrote: »
    The NFC West is tied a 9-6 between the 49rs and Cards, but it shows on the web app that the Cards are top, with the 49rs coming out on top both times they met. Why is that? or is it just waiting for an update?

I'd wait until the gameweek is advanced and see how it looks on the xbox.

Madden has in the past had issues with tie breaking scenarios often defaulting to alphabetical order.

These issues have (apparently) been sorted with madden 12 but I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

empacher wrote: »
    Which i trust you'll win so i can keep my one win advantage:D
    I will be resting players BUT I will be trying to win !

A very big thanks to Raoul who posted a few pages back a site to get cheap XBox Live Gold Subs. I got 14 months for €39. Very happy with that.

I also got an In Game Weapon Code for Gears Of War 3, which I don't need. If any of you guys have the game and want the code send me a pm.

Advertisement