Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield 4 Full Refund Available

• 22-04-2014 7:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

I posted this over on the Xbox forum but figured I'd do it here too.

Think it's only fair I post this up for anyone who bought BF4 and isn't happy with the issues with it.

Microsoft are currently issuing refunds to people who bought premium through them and also full refunds for the game if you bought it via download.

Yesterday and today 9 of us in the usual crew I game with all got full premium refunds which was €50 credited to our Microsoft accounts to use on the MS store to purchase whatever we wish.

We all also seem to still have premium (but for how long is anyones guess).

It's easily claimed via webchat by using this link and just fill in details.

So if you have been having issues like most use the link and get your refund.

If you haven't had any issues you could be underhanded but thats for your conscious to decide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

I got refunded for premium before xmas, still have premium on Battlefield , they mustn't have noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If you have under 10 hours or so playing it and have game breaking issues then its understandable. Some people have over 200 hours logged and now its unplayable. If i was msft i would tell them to GTF.

Thats like drinking a pint a and bring back the empty glass saying its dirty and wanted a free one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

dreamers75 wrote: »

Thats like drinking a pint a and bring back the empty glass saying its dirty and wanted a free one.

over 480 hours played and have zero problem getting my refund. That's 480 hours of lag, terrible hit detection, death spawn shields, promises from EA, promises from DICE, lies from both of them also and of course patches that fixed old bugs and introduced new ones (death cam bug and single.player campaigns not saving being my favorite)

So to be honest I dont see any problem with my refund at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

While im going to keep premium i do agree with miju,players that put 100's of hours into this game in the hope it would be fixed are the ones who deserve a refund most imo

There the ones who have been dealing with all the issues on a daily basis and just for trying to stick with it they should be excluded from a refund,thats a little harsh imo

I do see your point though,i just see it the other way around:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

miju wrote: »
    over 480 hours played and have zero problem getting my refund. That's 480 hours of lag, terrible hit detection, death spawn shields, promises from EA, promises from DICE, lies from both of them also and of course patches that fixed old bugs and introduced new ones (death cam bug and single.player campaigns not saving being my favorite)

So to be honest I dont see any problem with my refund at all :)

it is completely broken and unplayable, but you managed to put in 480 hours... Got a refund too. I just have no comment.

• Advertisement

it's called eSports ;)

and for comparison BF3 I had over 900 hours and BF:BC2 over 850 hours. So yes its broken, even now the game isn't fixed although may appear that way to a casual gamer.

Framerate has dropped, graphics scaled down, jumps height reduced, sprint reduced and a load of other things slowed right down which fundamentally changes game mechanics to make it appear alot more playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

miju wrote: »
    it's called eSports ;)

and for comparison BF3 I had over 900 hours and BF:BC2 over 850 hours. So yes its broken, even now the game isn't fixed although may appear that way to a casual gamer.

Framerate has dropped, graphics scaled down, jumps height reduced, sprint reduced and a load of other things slowed right down which fundamentally changes game mechanics to make it appear alot more playable.

Having 480 hours of entertainment and then taking a full refund is pretty much a piss take. If you knew it is so bad as you say why you kept playing almost 500 hours?!

Having 480 hours of entertainment and then taking a full refund is pretty much a piss take. If you knew it is so bad as you say why you kept playing almost 500 hours?!

420 hours for you might be alot but for serious gamers its.a tiny amount of time. You might think its a piss take but what i think is an even bigger pisstake is all the broken promises, patches and a game practically only out of beta now nearly 6 months after release.

But like i said previous if your competitive you'd maybe understand. Haven't played the game in nearly 2.5 months at this stage but still in top 10 players in country last i checked.

In fact more people should get refunds to try send a message regardless of length of time played. Unless your happy with sub par games.being released that take 6 months or so to get into a workable state (bit still riddled with bugs)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bahaha

I would like a refund.. zero craic with the extra maps and quite a few issues with the gameplay

Advertisement