Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saorview + Satellite FTA + Dual record pause and rewind info needed

• 17-12-2012 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello

I am looking for help, I want to get a box that will allow me to have all saorview channels and FTA satellite in one box, but like sky + where I can record a different channel and also pause rewind etc live tv, also it would be nice to have some sort of on demand service internet tv built in. Can anyone recommend a box.

some people have said a dreambox or gigablue box, but I dont know which one I need. do these boxes allow an aerial to be plugged in? would the box need to satellite and 2 aerial connections?

I currently have a sky disk with quad lnb, I also have a tv areial thats not in use. and a sky hd+ box which I want to get rid of the monthly bill.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 optronics

forgot to say it would need 7 day EPG also

Amiko Alien 2 any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

optronics wrote: »
    forgot to say it would need 7 day EPG also

Amiko Alien 2 any good?

Amiko Alien 2 only has 1 DVB-T tuner for Saorview.

Gigablue HD Quad is the only one that really fullfills those requirements.

GIGABLUE_Quad.jpg

Not cheap.

Full review of the box here.

Ok, it seems to be complicated to setup, does it take long to setup is there a wizard menu like next next next type of thing? I would pay this sort of money, as I am currently paying sky a ball of money each money so to invest in a box like this would say money in the longer term, by sky rates it will pay for itself in 6 months.

is there anywhere in ireland to buy this box? GigaBlue HD 800 Quad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Did you ever get any further with this Optronics?
    PM from another poster or anything?
    If not, I will open a new thread of a similar topic if this is closed by mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement