Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First grey hair and lack of motivation.

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

6 Miles @ 9.30 pace

Headed up the local woods for this. Tough running the garmin picked it up the elevation gain as 1,245 ft found it very hard plus decided to head at 4 this evening which was very warm.

Very tired now.

I HATE HILLS

4 miles @ 8.55

Nice and handy today very warm out. That's all to report today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

looks like your back Dave, hope legs are feeling good again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

just catching up dave you are putting in some nice runs there.

Didn't get out yesterday as I seemed to have picked up a bug.
    Back club training tonight still didn't feel 100% so I said I would take it easy. Different story when I got there.

1 mile warm up
    1 mile @ 8.33
    1 mile doing 100 meter sprints followed by 100 meter jog (not sure what its called) but I am tired now.
    .5 mile warm down.

Good session and very happy with it. Anyone know how can I do splits on Garmin 110

• Advertisement

Had to take a few days off. Went to get a leg massage on Saturday turns out I had a slight muscle tear in my muscle beside shin bone.
    Back at it today ran 4 miles @ 8.47 pace.

Headed out at lunchtime as I wanted to get home for the Olympics. Bloody rain but it was a nice run kept the breathing nice and steady and didn't push it to much

Wednesday

4 miles no garmin

Made the big mistake of not stretching before and after:confused:. Boy did I pay for it this morning found it hard to get out of the bed.

Thursday

4.5 @ 9.15

Felt like I was going a lot slower then 9.15. Just ran nice and easy did not want to push or should I say I was not able to.

Feel like I am in good shape for the 10 mile race at the end of the month now I just need to get over the bank holiday weekend and a wedding the following one.:D:D

I'm back again

Bad week training wise. Was on holidays for a few days and then a wedding so got no running done last week. Poor form I know.

Back at it today managed 3.5 miles slowly forgot the watch so no times recorded.

The Frank Duffy race is next week still hope to do it. Just need to have a good 2 weeks training.

Went club training tonight. What kind of weather is that.

5 miles done at a steady pace. Happy to finish it with plenty left in the tank.

Saturday

6 mile trail run didn't even bother timing it but it was very slow and hard. Those hills will always be my enemy.

Tuesday

4 miles (1 mile warm up, 2.5 @ 8.30 pace, .5 cool down)

Not to bad. Starting to feel the buzz for it again.

• Advertisement

Saturday

6 mile trail run didn't even bother timing it but it was very slow and hard. Those hills will always be my enemy.

Tuesday

4 miles (1 mile warm up, 2.5 @ 8.30 pace, .5 cool down)

Not to bad. Starting to feel the buzz for it again.

Dave good to see you back training and getting the buzz back. Any decisions made for Saturday are you still aiming for it....i'll be there but probably not racing it, current PB is 92.XX, so even MP would get me under that..I'll have to wait and see how the leg is after treatment tonight....will arrange to meet up if you're going...

3.5 miles @ 8.24 pace

Only a quick lunch today so I pushed it a bit. Great run felt fitter then I have for months. First 2 miles felt great loads of energy and had my quickest mile the last one.

Anne no I wont make it up on Saturday which is a bit of a downer. But weighing up all the pro's and con's I decided to pull out. Few different factors but money and fitness been the main ones.

I know I could run the 10 miles but not as quick as I would like.

We will have a rain check on that meet up but sometime before the end of the year

Saturday

5 mile trail run. Nothing to report other then it been a tough.

Tuesday

Its Electric picnic week so there will be no running done come Thursday. So trying to pack as much in because I am doing a 10k race on September 9th. I am going to try and have double sessions today and Wednesday and then run again on Thursday

Today am

4.5 miles @ 8.30

Nice and handy not much going on there.

Today pm

5 mile trail run not worth keeping time as it is a mixture of slow and slower

10k race yesterday

Knew going into this I was in no shape at all especially having been at the Electric picnic the weekend before but really wanted to do this race as my last one was way back in May and ever since and mixture of life and not enjoying running made for a baron spell on the racing front.

So I was using yesterday as a final attempt to see would I give it up or continue on running

Started off and felt good. First 2 miles were done at a nice pace 8.10 & 7.50. 3rd mile was a bit slower but not to bad 8.19 and I still passing people out and I was feeling really good 4th mile was much the same 8.15 and I was thinking maybe a new p.b was on here if I could just hold it together but that is where the wheels came off 5th mile 8.44 started to breathe a lot heavier and had to take the pace right done. 6th mile was much the same 8.45.
    Finished in 50.49

Not disappointed by it at all said before the race I would be happy with a sub 50. Having done very little training in fact none and to much drinking of late.

I think I have discovered the running bug again and looking forward to my next race. I will stick to 10k's for a while nice and quick.

10k race yesterday

Knew going into this I was in no shape at all especially having been at the Electric picnic the weekend before but really wanted to do this race as my last one was way back in May and ever since and mixture of life and not enjoying running made for a baron spell on the racing front.

So I was using yesterday as a final attempt to see would I give it up or continue on running

Started off and felt good. First 2 miles were done at a nice pace 8.10 & 7.50. 3rd mile was a bit slower but not to bad 8.19 and I still passing people out and I was feeling really good 4th mile was much the same 8.15 and I was thinking maybe a new p.b was on here if I could just hold it together but that is where the wheels came off 5th mile 8.44 started to breathe a lot heavier and had to take the pace right done. 6th mile was much the same 8.45.
    Finished in 50.49

Not disappointed by it at all said before the race I would be happy with a sub 50. Having done very little training in fact none and to much drinking of late.

I think I have discovered the running bug again and looking forward to my next race. I will stick to 10k's for a while nice and quick.

Well done Dave, thata a great run especially as you haven't being training. Onward & upwards now!!:D

Cheer Anne.

Just a few short runs this week legs are very tight after the race on Sunday. Going to start a 10k training plan next week and see what happens.

One question for ya, if you don't mind

During the race the last day my feet seemed to be very heavy and banging the ground usually I would be fairly light on the feet. Just wondering would it be time for new runners????

Cheer Anne.

Just a few short runs this week legs are very tight after the race on Sunday. Going to start a 10k training plan next week and see what happens.

One question for ya, if you don't mind

During the race the last day my feet seemed to be very heavy and banging the ground usually I would be fairly light on the feet. Just wondering would it be time for new runners????

No harm checking the runners out, is there much mileage on them, if they have up closed to 500m i'b be getting a new pair.
    ...i find that when i'm tired that happens my feet sometime...might just have been legs tired as its a while since you raced. its like you don't have the energy to lift them.

Get a foam roller if you haven't got one and roll and ice the legs to get them back into shape and a slow recovery run will do them wonders!!

Advertisement