Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I sense a conspiracy against Pyonyang here - too afraid to go up against the might of Darius? :p

Boulder Dash vs Darius

Im in :D

But i really would love to do a piracy podcast

So much to talk about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    But i really would love to do a piracy podcast
    So much to talk about
    We usually do an hour, so an hour each? Pokémans if Atavan's up for it and then the piracy one? like ye did with LOZ didn't ye record the 2 parts in the 1 go?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If atavan is there then I'm up for pokemans.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myself and Sera are still u for the pokemans podcast.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Myself and Sera are still u for the pokemans podcast.

Have we got some piracy as well?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I want to do pokemons. Can I roll up to the studio in a limo drunk?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I want to do pokemons. Can I roll up to the studio in a limo drunk?!

I'm only home from drinking... so I'm going to say yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Aw man, my mam decided to take the car today so I can't go :(

Hmm, so piracy then and if we have time game music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Can't have game music without mentioning SST or Zuntata!

Check out SSTs live version of Last Wave on YouTube, it's amazing. :)

• Advertisement

pics.Gabe-Newell-Pirate.jpg

fast1.jpg

I remember seeing those ads in Commodore Format, along with other classifieds for Public Domain software and Play By Mail companies.

Apparently PBM is still popular to this day. Let's start a shoot'em up based PBM!

You (the player ship) send the first letter to someone:

Dear Mr./Ms. X,

PEW! PEW! PEW!

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Pyongyang

Some random rum character (the boss ship) sends you a reply:

Dear Mr. Pyongyang,

PEW! PEW! PEW!

Yours sincerely,

Mr./Ms. X

*FFWD to 10 years later*

Dear Mr./Ms. X,

PEW! PEW! PEW!

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Pyongyang,

This is the estate of Mrs. Enid Pickles writing to inform you to desist from sending further letters. Mrs. Pickles died 3 years ago and frankly your letters are upsetting her surviving family.

Yours sincerely,

The estate of Mrs. Enid Pickles

Enjoyed the making of the podcast yesterday

Mouth going dry

Brain playing hold music

Palms getting sweaty :eek:

Fans of the show will be delighted to hear that Darius,Rise of the robots,Halo and the Cd-I got many mentions.

And i didnt mention Boulder Dash once;)

copypasta from GRD
    we were just talking about this, maybe another topic for a podcast, game magazines? also give Sonic The Comic another mention, since they used to have some reviews in it and have some Pokémon magazines there I could talk about

Sera wrote: »
    maybe another topic for a podcast, game magazines?

Definitely a good topic. I could offer some pensioner-grade knowledge of Commodore Format, Zzap 64!, Commodore Power, Commodore Force, CU Amiga, Super Play and so on.

Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale could go back a good bit further and talk about his time doing work experience for William Caxton in 1476.

Separated at birth? :D

caxton_william.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yuk yuk yuk....
    Funny guy...

Caxton, used his coxcomb as a drinking goblet to impress chicks, true story....

Any chance of a podcast this week?

Also Dinorex want me to do the paragraphs for the sonic podcast if no one else has done one?

Any chance of a podcast this week?

Also Dinorex want me to do the paragraphs for the sonic podcast if no one else has done one?
    Atavan if you're free, Pokemans?
    You'll have to get the first podcast sent to you since we weren't there

I can do this week!

• Advertisement

I can do this week!

I can do this week as backup for when Atavan realizes that he cant use the car and cry's off even though he could get a 15 Bus all the way from Dundrum to Coolock

;)

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I can do this week as backup for when Atavan realizes that he cant use the car and cry's off even though he could get a 15 Bus all the way from Dundrum to Coolock

;)

I drive a BMW, how dare you suggest one might even consider the thought of using public transportation! I say!

carriagedriver005.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I drive a BMW when my mam lets me, how dare you suggest one might even consider the thought of using public transportation! I say!

...pic of pantrylad

Fixed that for you, sir. ;)

he could get a 15 Bus

tumblr_ljzzn4AAeR1qg39ewo1_500.gif

all the way from Dundrum

tumblr_m6wphfXEPr1qg39ewo1_500.gif

to Coolock

tumblr_livltdYpoT1qg39ewo1_500.gif
    tumblr_liw07nNBnk1qg39ewo1_500.gif
    tumblr_ljrvr3FXbY1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Street Fighter podcast on Sunday at 1pm if anyone wants in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know almost as much about playing Street Fighter as I do about women... oh dear....

Everything I learned about women I learned from Chun Li.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Street Fighter podcast on Sunday at 1pm if anyone wants in.
    I'll be tuned in for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

DinoRex wrote: »
    Everything I learned about women I learned from Chun Li.

What, Cammy just wouldn't co-operate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just listened to a couple of these podcasts today.
    They're great but I'd love to see a some video to go along with them. Now I don't mean some live video as that would be a hassle to setup. I mean some gameplay added as you talk about certain games or developers etc.

As you talk about Contra some gameplay would play or maybe some piracy adverts from years ago would scroll by or play as you discussed piracy on the retro systems.
    Anyway, great job on them and keep up the good work.

Maybe think about maybe doing a one off special with video to see how it goes?

Advertisement