Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

I bought the last Troy and Abed t-shirt and its on the snug side...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Cool thanks guys, think I'll size up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What part annoyed you? A lot of what he said was either funny or bang on the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

"and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television. That's my feeling about it. "

then dont ****ing do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

He comes across as such an asshole.

How lucky are we that he is willing to degrade himself and work on the "lowest form of television".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

To be fair, while it's certainly not the lowest form of television, the sitcom as a genre is generally not exactly considered 'high art' by any stretch, and when you think about the entire spectrum of sitcoms, the genre is awash with tripe. Community is obviously an exception, and I think it should be obvious that he knows that; otherwise he wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Of course. Sitcoms (and it seems, american sitcoms in particular) can be some of the worst stuff on television. Community is an exception to this.

In every interview I've ever seen/heard with him about Community, he sounds like it is the biggest chore in the world to appear on the show, that he's just suffering through it. I don't think he should do the crazed pr-driven faux enthusiasm that actors often do to promote shows, it's just a big no-no for me. He's done nothing but try to separate himself from the show and bemoan the fact that, to a generation, Community is what he is most known for.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

"and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television. That's my feeling about it. "

then dont ****ing do it.

He's not far wrong though. Sitcoms in general are pretty rubbish and some are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Community is probably one of the best sitcoms on TV right now (it's always sunny is great too). Being in a sitcom, no matter how good it is, wouldn't be the same as being in something like Game of Thrones. Sitcoms just aren't held in the same regard as other genres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Has anyone's "Greendale Seven" tshirts been dispatched yet? I'm worried mine won't get here before I move house. Didn't realize it would take so long.
    Any time I've ordered from Qwertee before it's taken about 4/5 days to arrive.

I really want the Troy & Abed tshirt!! Going to have to top up the oul o2 money card :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Sitcoms are far above talent/glorified karaoke competitions and reality TV though, Chevy Chase is streets behind...

• Seren_ wrote: »

I really want the Troy & Abed tshirt!! Going to have to top up the oul o2 money card :P

Is that once it's been dispatched or once you received payment confirmation?

Seren_ wrote: »

Is that once it's been dispatched or once you received payment confirmation?

Once it's been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is the hoody on Teebusters navy yeah? Is it US sizing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

missed the qwertee t shirt unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Missed out on the Troy and Abed t-shirt by 17 minutes - anyone know a good website to look for other community t-shirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

my Qwertee order's been shipped! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    Missed out on the Troy and Abed t-shirt by 17 minutes - anyone know a good website to look for other community t-shirts?
    www.redbubble.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's an Inspector Spacetime design in the voting section of Teebusters.

Link

Get voting!

• Voted for that shirt - it's a pretty excellent design!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Voted too - anyone have any idea how many votes they need to produce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No way to know with Teebusters - I've seen them print T-Shirts with under 20 votes and ones with over 100. Very inconsistent!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

• I find Community to be excellent to follow via their Facebook page, as they're constantly putting up stills from filming of Season 4 and so far, it seems as silly as ever, despite Dan Harmon no longer being involved. If it remains as good still is left to be seen!

This picture especially made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ooh according to the facebook page, Giancarlo Esposito is going to be back again in season 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

MOD EDIT: Ease up with the Breaking Bad spoilers please.. Breaking Bad spoilers below..
    What?? In like a flashback or something?

.. Edit: Oops! Got mixed up with Breaking Bad somehow.. I need some coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Got my Qwertee T-shirt today! :D

• alroley wrote: »
    Got my Qwertee T-shirt today! :D

Same here. Fits really well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

got mine aswell this morn! Love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Got mine too.
    Anyone else get a free bag of Haribo with their tee?

Advertisement