Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem setting up Technika Saorview box

• 25-05-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I bought a Technika Saorview Box T8050 and after attempting to complete the first time installation I got a "No Channels found. Please check your antenna connection" message on my TV screen. I don't know why and wonder if some one else had the same issue and can help?

Here's what I did. I plugged the Technika Saorview Box in to the wall power outlet, I connected the (supplied) HDMI cable to the HDMI "out" on the Technika Saorview Unit and plugged the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI socket on my Philips LCD TV. I set up the TV to recognise the Technika - this part is working.

I plugged my LLoytron Amplified Digital TV Antenna (Model A3103BK) into the wall power outlet. I plugged the co-ax cable from the antenna "out" at the rear of the Digital TV Antenna into the co-ax cable antenna "in" socket on the Technika Saorview Box. I'm getting the following message "No Channels found. Please check your antenna connection". I have not connected a co-ax cable (not supplied) from the Antenna "Out" socket on the Saorview Box to the co-ax "in" socket on my Philips TV. But surely that can't be the problem, as the HDMI cable is capable of pushing the TV signal from the box to the TV without the need for a co-ax able aswell?

I'm living within 3/4 of a mile from a Saorview transmitter (virtually line of sight) and the LLoytron Amplified Digital TV Antenna (Model A3103BK) has up to 50db gain, so I don't think signal strength is an issue.

Any help?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I'm living within 3/4 of a mile from a Saorview transmitter (virtually line of sight) and the LLoytron Amplified Digital TV Antenna (Model A3103BK) has up to 50db gain, so I don't think signal strength is an issue.

Too much gain maybe, that close to the transmitter shouldn't need any amplification.

Is there a signal strength/quality meter in the Saorview box, 100% signal strength with no signal quality would indicate signal overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Read
    http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/installing-tv-aerial/

Try the home made aerial on a window facing TX. You can use an extension coax cable.

Amplified indoor aerials are usually a waste of money. If the indoor signal isn't enough the amplifier only helps in about 10% of cases. Usually if the simple passive indoor aerial doesn't work you need an Attic or outdoor aerial (which can be on a wall facing TX, doesn't always need to be on Chimney. Often Chimney poles are too short resulting in smoke damage and reflections / shadows from roofs.

Advertisement