Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walker WPS645TS Combo Box Recording Problem

• 01-12-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi..I got a Walker WPS645TS Combo Box from Power City and have an external hard drive attached for recording.

It records the shows fine, but when I play them back, the programmes freeze for an instant or sometimes a few minutes, sometimes totally, until I unplug the box.

Basically it makes the recording aspect of the box unusable.

Does anyone have this problem? If so is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

PM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

It may be a problem with the hard drive. Some makes are not fast enough to record or playback and so they can have problems recording or playing back, If you have a USB keyring drive you could try that and see if it works.

In general more expensive drives work better. Walker also recommend you use a drive that comes with a seperate power supply, instead of using power from the box itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pm dublin

OK Thank you..I'll try the key ring option and the powered drive option ( luckily i have both!)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pm dublin

The small pocket USB seems to be working fine. Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

Try bringing back the hard drive and getting a more expensive model. Ideally check the Read/write speed and get the one with the fastest numbers.

Advertisement