Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats it like these days

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

oxo_ wrote: »
    If you do decide to play again or start anew, just be aware that many servers are dead these days. Do pick an active server to play on if you can.

Although Blizzard put a PR spin on the redundancies announced the other day, in reality it's quite telling I think that it corresponds with the serious drop off in active players on EU servers at least.

10 million players my arse. I'd wonder if the number for Europe is even above 200k these days.
    I don't know many that still play it, say i had 100 friends from all over Europe from different guilds and servers through out my 6 years playing it, i'd say 5 are still playing it.

This 10 mil players is probably mostly included with Chinese players which don't bring in big cash like westners would, 200 being let go in Cork is a tell tell sign that no pr magic is going to sugar coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I am probably going to pick the game up again (for the 5th time) this summer. When I do Ill probably join one of the most heavily populated and evenly distrubted english speaking servers.
    Ive done some research and found there is only 1 of these, the others even though labelled english speaking, are filled with eastern european speakers and there is actually little or no english speaking unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Ive done some research and found there is only 1 of these, the others even though labelled english speaking, are filled with eastern european speakers and there is actually little or no english speaking unfortunately.

Id be interested in seeing this data :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

havent played wow for over a year at this stage. Deleted everything last time as I was so browned off with it-except a level one with a bank of heirlooms (probably inferior now? woltk heirlooms?). I used to be a pvpaholic when i played and lately I have been watching the pvp streams on arena junkies and its really wetting my appetite.
    I remember these forums used to be real busy years ago too but they dont seem as busy now - does that mirror whats happening in game as a whole?
    if i did want to return would I be able to get my char undeleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

sosmyface wrote: »
    havent played wow for over a year at this stage. Deleted everything last time as I was so browned off with it-except a level one with a bank of heirlooms (probably inferior now? woltk heirlooms?). I used to be a pvpaholic when i played and lately I have been watching the pvp streams on arena junkies and its really wetting my appetite.
    I remember these forums used to be real busy years ago too but they dont seem as busy now - does that mirror whats happening in game as a whole?

Throw me email that used for the lvl 1 and think u can get it up to 80 with the new scrolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

sosmyface wrote: »

well this expansion is over which is partly why this forum is less active, people are just waiting for pandas to arrive now really, but i'd say interest in wow has declined greatly from even as six months ago, cataclysm as a whole wasn't a great expansion and i think a lot of people dropped off after the first couple months of it like i did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Shougeki wrote: »
    Id be interested in seeing this data :D

I just went and searched the most populated and most evenly balanced english speaking realms, then I checked out their forums and read what advice people there were giving people about moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

Berns wrote: »
    Throw me email that used for the lvl 1 and think u can get it up to 80 with the new scrolls.

Thanks Berns, if I do go back it wont be for a couple of weeks I'd say. Still just thinking about it. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

KilOit wrote: »
    This 10 mil players is probably mostly included with Chinese players which don't bring in big cash like westners would, 200 being let go in Cork is a tell tell sign that no pr magic is going to sugar coat.

Too much being read into that.

Blizzard is a massively profitable company, they arnt feeling the pinch. They are however learning how to run a profitable organisation.

Blizzard has essentially perfected how to deal properly with customer support for games in my view, and their new ticketing system within battlenet is a welcome addition.

Naturally there is trimming down as a franchise moves onto its 8th year. From my understanding blizzard have simply just made the customer support aspect ( typically dead money) into a slightly more manageable project financially.

Most tickets nowadays get turned around pretty quickly in my experience. And that is partially because of the more efficent system they have in place.

Advertisement