Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gmail 5.0 with Material Design - download apk

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Got the app a few days ago, looks great on Nexus 7 running Lollipop Dev.

Great looking app!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

Got the app a few days ago, looks great on Nexus 7 running Lollipop Dev.

Great looking app!

Yeah I can finally do away with aquamail

Yeah I can finally do away with aquamail

I used to use Inbox I think it was called, it's a Dropbox app.

When I installed Lollipop I went back to stock GMail.

Will use this now, or Inbox by Google once that gets general release.

I love the ease of adding more accounts.

I used to use Inbox I think it was called, it's a Dropbox app.

When I installed Lollipop I went back to stock GMail.

Will use this now, or Inbox by Google once that gets general release.

I love the ease of adding more accounts.

It's called Mailbox actually, my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I added another account but it only will sync email and not the calendar so still have to stick with email aosp client.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ush1 wrote: »
    I added another account but it only will sync email and not the calendar so still have to stick with email aosp client.

I may be wrong on this - but it's worth a try. I had a problem when I added my work email a few months ago. Officially I'm supposed to use an MDM security app along with the Touchdown app. But it's horrible. I got around it with a different app and the right settings, but the calendar did not sync. Apparently there is a difference in how Android and iPhones use calendars.

The app thatvfixed it was: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.caldav.lib&hl=en
    free version - no idea if it works though: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gege.caldavsyncadapter&hl=en

Let me know if that works

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thanks OP, perfect for my needs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Can anyone tell me how to remove a work account I added? I cant seem to figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Try going into system setting, not the settings within Gmail, and under accounts you should see a personal one.

This will most likely be your work account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Zascar wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to remove a work account I added? I cant seem to figure it out

Three line sidebar at the top left, then down to Settings.

The three bar at the top right should give you an option to manage accounts.

I'm liking the new design (I don't use it for multiple accounts, so can't give an opinion on that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

It's a good start by Gmail into supporting exchange accounts. However I don't see any way of setting peak and off-peak sync schedules in settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

polaris68 wrote: »
    It's a good start by Gmail into supporting exchange accounts. However I don't see any way of setting peak and off-peak sync schedules in settings?
    You can't, that's a feature that Samsung / HTC include in their own email applications. Even the stock Email client doesn't have it. I also don't think its needed anymore since Android Lollipop has a new Do Not Disturb mode.

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-l-preview-do-not-disturb-mode

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

in the Play store now - my phone updated today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭user99

annoying that i still cant turn off conversation threads but a fresh look is welcome. androids getting a bit boring these days without changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

user99 wrote: »
    annoying that i still cant turn off conversation threads but a fresh look is welcome. androids getting a bit boring these days without changes.

Without the long pleaded for ability to turn off conversation view, I won't be using this. I will continue to use AquaMail.

Shame, as this new gmail looks neat!

Really? I love conversation view, hate email without it. Makes things so much more neat and organised. I wish outlook worked the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Zascar wrote: »
    Really? I love conversation view, hate email without it. Makes things so much more neat and organised. I wish outlook worked the same way

Yes really!

The point is, there should be a choice. While lots of people love it, lots others hate it. There has been a campaign of sorts for years for an option to switch it off. You can do it in the web version, so I don't see why they can't add the option to the mobile version.

Advertisement