Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

well there was a massive rtc on the N62 accordin' to the ambulance man :D

so with all the houses on fire john can't get rid of charlotte but i'm sure they will find the remains in the clean up, did Jason get out with Simon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

casio4 wrote: »
    did Jason get out with Simon?
    no! gutted, I love Simon and Jason. Had no idea they were being written out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

casio4 wrote: »
    well there was a massive rtc on the N62 accordin' to the ambulance man :D

A pile up, gas explosion, tram crash and murder all in the same night.

Steer clear of Manchester. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

no! gutted, I love Simon and Jason. Had no idea they were being written out.

Why are they doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Ah Simon the little sweetheart it would break my heart if he died

Fiz deserves an oscar :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm watching that 50 best moments thing on ITV1. Deirdre left Tracy outside the pub in her pram, leaving a lorry to crash into her?! No wonder she turned into a panto villain!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Looks like some of the characters who were supposed to be killed off don't look like doing so..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sunita, Rita and the mad one killed? and Maybe Nick? No way Simon is been killed off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

lol

No doubt the papers will have consulted a independent transport expert and established what the likely casualties would have been if this had occurred in real life..

How come no Dept of Transport enquiry. The Health & Safety authority are not even interested. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

John Stape has a dead body in his house. Has he completely forgot?...

I'd say sunita's a gonner by the look of that concrete block on top of her

I don't think Sunita will die. They wouldn't bring her back after 4 years to kill her off after a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 aisers

i think peter dies for this reason:

spoiler:
    just realised it could also be ashley ..........

aisers wrote: »
    i think peter dies for this reason:

spoiler:
    just realised it could also be ashley ..........

Or Dev, maybe. He didn't seem to be in good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I don't think Sunita will die. They wouldn't bring her back after 4 years to kill her off after a few months.

They could if they wanted to bring Dev in a new direction and have him on his own with the twins.

Although more of Dev is not a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Or Dev, maybe. He didn't seem to be in good shape.

With a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Simon cant die he is way to cute. Poor child is only about 6/7 and has been in two fires already poor child :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm watching that 50 best moments thing on ITV1. Deirdre left Tracy outside the pub in her pram, leaving a lorry to crash into her?! No wonder she turned into a panto villain!! :eek:

I watched that this morning and was just a bit weirded out to see little Tracey in the exact same buggy I had.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

00112984 wrote: »
    Did anyone else think the tram sounded like a T-Rex from Jurassic Park when it was derailing? It kind of went up in the air, groaned then crashed back down again in slow motion.
    I think they were re-used sound effects from Lost :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sophie's accent grates on me more and more every day!

I dont think it will be Simon who dies. He is far too attractive both character and actor. I kept expecting Jason to burst out of the 1st floor window with simon in tow to be honest.

We know ashley is leaving anyway to go to France so it could be him. Plus all that lovey-dovey stuff with 'Clur' is a usual soap telltale.

I dont think it is Peter because in the trailer the tagline was "Four funerals and a wedding". Plus it is not a very good message to send out to all the alcoholics who watch corrie. Go to the bother of kicking the drink, and you might get killed by a tram.

I think the victims are:

Charlotte - Thank God!
    Ashley - :(
    Molly - Been on the cards for a while
    And for number 4, i think it will either be Sunita or Fizz's baby.

OisinT wrote: »
    I think they were re-used sound effects from Lost :D

Actually they probably did. I rewatched the explosion and crash with my husband last night as he works in tv/film post-production and deals with a lot of CGI stuff, especially with The Mill (who did the Corrie FX), so he was curious to see how it looked. He instantly recognised the sound library used in all of the scenes and told me the name of the different sounds used as we watched, him with the remote, rewinding back to tell me where each sound came in. (Riveting as you can imagine! :( )

Tbf, though his conclusion was that the visual effects looked mostly fine but the sound mix was badly done so it jarred. The sounds never fully match what you are seeing and to most viewers it suspends belief without you ever knowing quite why.

(Also the crash zoom when John hears the crash pauses for a split second before continuing so it looks really comical.)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Glad to see Charlotte go and I won't miss Ashley too much if he really goes.
    I hope Nick survives as it's just getting interesting with him, Peter and Leann.
    Molly is gone for sure - hard to guess who can be the 4th person. Possibly Rita, Jason or Sunnita. I really hope it's not little Simon. Wouldn't mind Peter ^^

When the doctor was examining Fizz, and John was interrupting the Doctor with "She's going to be ok isn't she Doctor. Doctor What are you going to do. Doctor please tell me what your doing", did any of you shout at the screen telling him to STFU?

syklops wrote: »
    Sophie's accent grates on me more and more every day!

I dont think it will be Simon who dies. He is far too attractive both character and actor. I kept expecting Jason to burst out of the 1st floor window with simon in tow to be honest.

We know ashley is leaving anyway to go to France so it could be him. Plus all that lovey-dovey stuff with 'Clur' is a usual soap telltale.

I dont think it is Peter because in the trailer the tagline was "Four funerals and a wedding". Plus it is not a very good message to send out to all the alcoholics who watch corrie. Go to the bother of kicking the drink, and you might get killed by a tram.

I think the victims are:

Charlotte - Thank God!
    Ashley - :(
    Molly - Been on the cards for a while
    And for number 4, i think it will either be Sunita or Fizz's baby.

Maybe Max. Is that his name. I see Becky's sister is coming back. Would it to blame her for his death, say that she was an unfit mother, could not look after her own nephew etc.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Maybe Max. Is that his name. I see Becky's sister is coming back. Would it to blame her for his death, say that she was an unfit mother, could not look after her own nephew etc.

Yeah perhaps. He must be the most 1-dimensional character they ever created on the show. The only way I would mourn him would be if his departure created kylie's return. Between Becky's clothes and Kylie drinking vodka down the alley, Corrie turns more into Shameless with every passing tracksuit.

Janice is also to leave. The actress that plays her said she wanted to go last August. We know that she is ok now, but something could happen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Public consensus seems to be the Molly is a definite victim and that of Peter and Ashley, Ashley is the more likely to go. I think it makes more sense that Ashley will be killed off - his character really has no distance left to run, while the Peter-Leanne-Nick situation clearly has a bit more entertainment value in it.

Re the others - I don't think Fiz's baby dies - isn't it named Hope in honour of the victims/survivors? I would personally like to see Sunita go, but it could be Rita. Sunita seemed in a fairly bad way however, so I'm not counting on anything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I would personally like to see Sunita go, but it could be Rita. Sunita seemed in a fairly bad way however, so I'm not counting on anything yet!

Cue Dev's overblown and ludicrous 'acting'. Sun iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

He's atrocious but I can't not watch whenever he comes on screen - gloriously crap.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Yeah perhaps. He must be the most 1-dimensional character they ever created on the show. The only way I would mourn him would be if his departure created kylie's return. Between Becky's clothes and Kylie drinking vodka down the alley, Corrie turns more into Shameless with every passing tracksuit.

Actually watching it last night in the pub I was thinking that Amy must be the world's heaviest sleeper. A huge explosion and tram crash happens mere feet from her window and there is not a peep from her. And Steve hasn't shown the slightest bit of concern as to whether his small child is frightened at home alone or even worse that she'll come out onto the street looking for him. He's a shít father, she'll be better off with her cold blooded murderer of a mother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement