Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dusty Rhodes RIP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Great entertainer. Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Legend plain and simple. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rip dream

Always loved listening to him on a promo or just telling stories

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

Ah, no. :(

Very sad. Very sudden, too. The bells will be tolled on RAW tonight, I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Jesus. RIP. Proper, proper legend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Terrible news :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh no :(

Devestated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus first christopher Lee and now dusty. Very sudden was he suffering from amything ?

RIP dusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The last time he was on TV he looked fair shook.

RIP Dusty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I am so sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One of the handful of wrestling personalities that seemed really nice with no ulterior motives behind his niceness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was a Ledgend in every sence of the word. Face push for his two sons now I imagine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Jesus that's shocking, out of the blue. Was he still helping out with NXT?

The only details we've heard is that he had a fall at his house earlier today and his kidneys were shutting down and he started to get dehydrated.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/42979-dusty-rhodes-passes-away
    Jon Stark wrote: »
    Jesus that's shocking, out of the blue. Was he still helping out with NXT?

Very much so yes. He helped with interviews and character development. NXTers aren't saying nice things because he passed away. He was very well liked and a mentor to all:

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/609067544197083136
    https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/609065422080585728
    https://twitter.com/LutherWard_NXT/status/609069945243209728
    https://twitter.com/SylvesterWWE/status/609059951667888128

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

RIP Dusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

...not afraid to admit it, I'm actually tearing up. Dusty was, and always will be, a massive example of why you shouldn't let the status quo dictate what path you should follow in life. Dusty wasn't the most athletic looking man. In a time when wrestlers all had to be more muscle than man, with the looks of a Greek God, The American Dream Dusty Rhodes entered the arena. Dusty was clearly not going to win Mr Universe, and wasn't blessed with supermodel good looks. But Dusty has heart, Dusty had drive, and Dusty knew how to make people believe in him.

He became a legend in the business, respected by anyone who called themselves a fan, and was a huge influence on the industry as a whole. The common man reached the top of the mountain, and he etched out a legacy in it's face that will never be taken away.

RIP Dusty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

“I have wined and dined with Kings and Queens, and slept in an alley eatin’ pork and beans!” - Dusty Rhodes

Rest in Peace Dusty, you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Awful sad news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Huge loss.

Hopefully gets a good send off on RAW and Cody at least can drop the 'dust gimmick, if only for one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

RIP dusty Rhodes.

What's getting to me and leaving a lump in my throat is reading all the tweets from all the nxt superstars and women. It's not just a simple "RIP dusty" but theyve all added "a mentor and friend" and he seems to have left a huge mark on nxt. Which is nice to see. I've decided to search the WWE network and selected the starcade 85 match between dusty and Ric.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Such a legend. That word gets thrown around a lot in the wrestling world, but it's true of Dusty.

So highly thought of, immensely talented, and a try giant in the business. One of the very best to promos of all time, without doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'm sure him and macho will be dropping all sorts of elbows in real granddaddy of them all. R.I.P Dusty .... Thanks for the memories .

He got a bicycle !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jesus poor Cody and Goldust. RIP Dusty. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

RIP Dusty

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Huge loss.

Hopefully gets a good send off on RAW and Cody at least can drop the 'dust gimmick, if only for one night.

First thing that came to mind for me is Chavo dropping Kerwin White after Eddie. Goldust won't as that is his character Cody should be Cody though. Damn this is fcuking terrible I still remember watching Dusty in the polka dots, he was awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Really sad and a great loss to the younger workers he had been helping.

Earliest memory is the mixed tag from Wrestlemania 6 which I used to rent on VHS from the video shop. All participants in that match are gone now :(

Gonna give the American Dream The Dusty Rhodes Story DVD a spin tonight. Glad I didn't get rid of my DVDs since there's so much stuff not on the Network.

Advertisement