Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healy-Rae hearing funny noises..

• 22-03-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Healy-Rae wants Killarney’s “annoying and unusual” mystery noise investigated.

A MYSTERY NOISE, which has been described as driving one family “demented” is being investigated in Killarney. The noise was first reported in the Beaufort area, which is a village located 15km from Killarney, nearly a year ago.
    Now Co Kerry TD Michael Healy-Rae is asking the government for its help in finding out the source of the noise. He has put two parliamentary questions to Environment Minister Phil Hogan, on 7 and 14 March of this year, and his most recent question pointed out that the “mystery noise has been occurring in the area of Glencuttane Lower, in Beaufort, Killarney since April 2011″.
    Deputy Healy-Rae states that since the noise cannot be measured or complained about to the local authority “as we are unsure what is causing it”, he is asking whether there is a facility within the Department of the Environment that can investigate the matter on behalf of the local residents.
    He told TheJournal.ie that he is calling on the minister to “send out people to try and come to the bottom of it” and find out what is causing the noise. He said audiologists and other experts could be sent to Beaufort, and it would not cost a lot of money.
    Deputy Healy-Rae said that people were being disrupted by the “very unusual and very annoying” noise and that one family in particular were “driven demented” by it. He questioned whether his parliamentary question had been read properly, as he clearly stated in it that the cause of the noise was not known. The TD added that he had attempted to enter the question a third time to clarify this, but it was disallowed as the ceann comhairle deemed it a repeat of a previous question.
    “I am dealing with gobbledygook here, ” said Deputy Healy-Rae.

http://www.thejournal.ie/healy-rae-wants-killarneys-mystery-noise-investigated-392207-Mar2012/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ive heard the noise, in my bathroom started around may last year, looked it up on here in DIY thinking my bathroom was haunted but looking for a logical solution.

Turns out its the f*******g hum.... Same sound, very eerie, havent heard it for a while now, but when it comes its loud and its focused on the bathroom upstairs and the whole bathroom vibrates with it.

im in co clare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It's clearly Deputy Healy-Rae's aul fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Jackie's arsecheeks are flapping together during sex

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Theres an image thatll stay with me until the day I die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I actually heard about this a few months ago but couldnt find much on it. It is a bit freaky alright and makes me interested. However, even though they say they cant find the cause I am very skeptical that they bothered their arse to do a proper search into it.
    Probably drove around in a car trying to find it for a few hours :pac:

Saying that I am not completely disregarding the noise. I actually am very interested in strange happenings such as this but never really discuss is as most places where you can are filled with idiots who seem to know nothing, or cant even tell what a plane in the sky or astroid looks like (I take an interest in those area's too). The lad in the video seemed to be very genuine and intelligent at least, now I would just love to hear a recording of the sound.

I heard a strange hum some years back up on top of a hill with friends at midnight while camping, it seemed to travel around the hill and get closer/further and did not resemble any machinery or vehicle etc, it was very loud at some stages and did make me feel a bit uneasy. But I did not know the area well so it probably was just somehting like a treatment plant but it still made me think.

Watching some other related videos of strange sounds in Ireland (or any strange happenings) annoys me as nearly every single one is filmed or created as a hoax, or by some fool who cant even tell what an aircraft engine sounds like before start up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

FFS..two parliamentary questions? F*ck off, Healy-Rae. Let whichever family member of yours that's in the county council deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Ah holy jebus... that cannot be taken back.

Every time he speaks I hear funny noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Could be bertie crying in a field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

meglome wrote: »
    Ah holy jebus... that cannot be taken back.

Every time he speaks I hear funny noises.

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/uploads/serious.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

patwicklow wrote: »
    Healy-Rae wants Killarney’s “annoying and unusual” mystery noise investigated.

A MYSTERY NOISE, which has been described as driving one family “demented” is being investigated in Killarney. The noise was first reported in the Beaufort area, which is a village located 15km from Killarney, nearly a year ago.
    Now Co Kerry TD Michael Healy-Rae is asking the government for its help in finding out the source of the noise. He has put two parliamentary questions to Environment Minister Phil Hogan, on 7 and 14 March of this year, and his most recent question pointed out that the “mystery noise has been occurring in the area of Glencuttane Lower, in Beaufort, Killarney since April 2011″.
    Deputy Healy-Rae states that since the noise cannot be measured or complained about to the local authority “as we are unsure what is causing it”, he is asking whether there is a facility within the Department of the Environment that can investigate the matter on behalf of the local residents.
    He told TheJournal.ie that he is calling on the minister to “send out people to try and come to the bottom of it” and find out what is causing the noise. He said audiologists and other experts could be sent to Beaufort, and it would not cost a lot of money.
    Deputy Healy-Rae said that people were being disrupted by the “very unusual and very annoying” noise and that one family in particular were “driven demented” by it. He questioned whether his parliamentary question had been read properly, as he clearly stated in it that the cause of the noise was not known. The TD added that he had attempted to enter the question a third time to clarify this, but it was disallowed as the ceann comhairle deemed it a repeat of a previous question.

http://www.thejournal.ie/healy-rae-wants-killarneys-mystery-noise-investigated-392207-Mar2012/[/QUOTE]

The Kerry Accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

it might be the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

FatherLen wrote: »
    it might be the beast.

lol get out the BBC sound effects album, Vol.5!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Buffman

it might be the beast.

First thing I thought of too.:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lets get working

i heard its an asylum seeker blowing a didgerido tat he learnt how to play watching rolph harris on you tube lol

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

brian cowen sleapin in a ditch after too many gargles

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

brian cowen sleapin in a ditch after too many gargles

jesus i went and clicked on the link and the first comment looked like i copied it, wish i was gay, that man would be my boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

He's just set up a phone line for you to ring in what you think the noises are. Calls cost €6 per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stanley Devastating

Never fear, Healey-Rae is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The ****ing shite they spend time talking about in government is appalling. Over the past few weeks I've heard politicians talk about the following on Oireachtas Report:

- Ming Flanagan making references to "Little Britain" in relation to dealing with the Dept of Agriculture

- Some dolly bird in the Seanad looking for legislation to deal with companies who produce "well known brands" of washing powder who sell them at reduced prices, but also reduce the volume in the box, therefor eliminating any implied cost savings to the dozy housewife customer.

- Micheal Martin paraphrasing Martha & The Vandellas in realtion to "Big Phils" household tax.

The Seanad is particularly guilty of talking utter nonsense, though there was a good one the other day - David Norris was giving out about the fact that he had not recieved a leaflet regarding the household tax and claimed that "If they were his (Phil Hogans) election leaflets, there would not have been as much of a problem printing or distributing them", to which Senator Darragh O’Brien replied, "He should have got Deputy Ó Snodaigh to do them." :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Must be all the horses Bertie won his money from betting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Biffo's lips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Strange noises? Are The Cranberries gigging in Kerry this week? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it could be from the juggernauts begorr

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The_B_Man wrote: »
    it might be the beast.

lol get out the BBC sound effects album, Vol.5!

I MADE the BBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

The ****ing shite they spend time talking about in government is appalling. Over the past few weeks I've heard politicians talk about the following on Oireachtas Report:

- Ming Flanagan making references to "Little Britain" in relation to dealing with the Dept of Agriculture

- Some dolly bird in the Seanad looking for legislation to deal with companies who produce "well known brands" of washing powder who sell them at reduced prices, but also reduce the volume in the box, therefor eliminating any implied cost savings to the dozy housewife customer.

- Micheal Martin paraphrasing Martha & The Vandellas in realtion to "Big Phils" household tax.

The Seanad is particularly guilty of talking utter nonsense, though there was a good one the other day - David Norris was giving out about the fact that he had not recieved a leaflet regarding the household tax and claimed that "If they were his (Phil Hogans) election leaflets, there would not have been as much of a problem printing or distributing them", to which Senator Darragh O’Brien replied, "He should have got Deputy Ó Snodaigh to do them." :D

I fear you're not taking the strange noises or these other matters with the seriousness that they merit. I demand a tribunal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

patwicklow wrote: »
    Could be bertie crying laughing in a field

There, FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,118 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Whatever it is the Healy-Raes will make money on it. That's for sure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think that's the most sensible thing he has ever said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We should be glad that this wasn't reported during the previous administration, or we'd have had to pay for a 30 storey multi-billion Euro facility near Kenmare for researching funny noises.

Advertisement