Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The UFC have really over exposed themselves I think with cards seemingly every other week these days. That said, I'm really looking forward to Saturday's event.

Yeah Mur vs Cigano should be good alrite but even the most bias fan would notice that they are spreading themselves out far too much. I highly doubt that FOX were too impressed that they went from Velasquez vs Dos Santos to Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller. Tna has improved lately but they still can't help themselves when it comes to decision making eg Brooke Hogan, Garret Bìtchoff & Alex Shelley being entitled his release.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

11.gif

pumped

going for Bigfoot

Just seen Dana White talking to Bork Laser at UFC 146, it was either him or a fat lesbian with a flat top.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WELP LESNAR IS RINGSIDE

BRUISER BROCK BRODY

• Advertisement

Kinda knew Junior would pick him apart especially when Mir stayed standing with him. Mir will probably call out Bork now with his jackets made out of couch fabric.

So was Lesnar going to jump from WWE to UFC?

Meltzer marled out enough to start his own thread on the Observer board. Even the Undertaker had to go through hoops to get permission to go to a UFC. Lesnar NEVER leaves his house for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Meltzer hinted very early that he could **** off if something didn't go his way. WWE definitely knew that too.

Think Lesnar is just keeping his name out there. He won't walk out on WWE but I doubt he will want to sign on for another year. Doubt he would be bothered to ask Vince for permission to go.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Think Lesnar is just keeping his name out there. He won't walk out on WWE but I doubt he will want to sign on for another year. Doubt he would be bothered to ask Vince for permission to go.

Could be something as simple as Brock going into the UFC Hall of Fame.

Could be a kayfabe angle/Heyman worked shoot to sell his storyline firing by showing Brock negotiating with UFC.

Dana may want to trump the TNA-Bellator King Mo dual sports star gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Could also be Brock planning his trip to Mullingar with Dana next week to cheer on Joe and the lads against Westmeath.

rovert wrote: »

Could be a kayfabe angle/Heyman worked shoot to sell his storyline firing by showing Brock negotiating with UFC.

Dana may want to trump the TNA-Bellator King Mo dual sports star gimmick.

Read somewhere that Heyman was with him so I wouldn't be suprised if this is brought up on tv. Lesnar going into the HOF will piss off a few of the hardcore mma fans.
    Would Dana really want to trump tna/bellator? Is he that vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Would Dana really want to trump tna/bellator? Is he that vain.

He's probably upset at Dixie's little shot at him on MMA Uncensored Live.

There is on dude on twitter (yeah I know) he isnt a journalist or even a blogger he is just a well connected fan called @FrontRowBrian. For example he is BFFs with Chael Sonnen. He is a great source of information however some times it is severely out of date or say the preliminary/alternative plan for fighters next fight rather than the actual plan. His standards and ethics aren't journalistic level in short. Gossip yeah but always with some level of truth.

Anyway he tweeted this last night:
    New info surfacing... Brock Lesnar's deal with WWE is NOT exclusive and he was in Las Vegas at UFC for a specific reason. Wow.

rubber match with frank mir on the cards then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,016 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I was a Brock Lesnar fan. Genuinely disappointed that his illness messed his career up so much. And I think he was one of the athletic HW champ at 265ish.
    But he is nowhere near the UFC Hall of Fame.

First main event that anyone could care about it ages this Sunday morning:

Hope that drug cheat, Pro Wrestling cosplayer Chael gets destroyed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sonnen all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm huge fan of boths guys, but I kinda hope Sonnen takes it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I actually think that Silva will destroy Chael. First round KO is my prediction.

Silva is like Spain, when people start doubting, the tempo is cranked up and nobody can deal with it.

Hope Silva smashes him to pieces. I might fall asleep before it cause I care so little about the Griffin vs Ortiz rubber match in the Worlds least interesting trilogy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

WHAT About W. silva/franklin???!...

:pac:

Going for chael, but dont really care for silva's fights or that weight class.

Hope that drug cheat, Pro Wrestling cosplayer Chael gets destroyed. :P
    For casual fans, yes. Looking for a Sonnen win. It will be interesting to see how Silvas ribs are this time :P and if they did in fact hinder his sprawling in the first fight.
    Hope Silva smashes him to pieces. I might fall asleep before it cause I care so little about the Griffin vs Ortiz rubber match in the Worlds least interesting trilogy.
    Its Titos last fight in case you didnt know, might make it more interesting for you. Could turn into a right slug fest.

Looking forward to watching this with a few cold beers and just enjoying this whole card, its a beast of a card.

Its Titos last fight in case you didnt know, might make it more interesting for you. Could turn into a right slug fest.

I know it is but their last fight just sucked (made worse when they moaned about injuries afterwards) and I sure as hell wasn't asking for a rubber match. Tito has been on the slide for a good few years and Forrest strikes me as a guy who is just in it for the paychecks these days and couldn't really care.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I thought there would be more support here for Sonnen, considering the CM punk connection between the two, and the fact that Silva is a legit bit of a cúnt outside of the media spotlight (well known for often being ignorant and rude to fans and other fighters) where as chael is very nice to fans and respectful to other fighters if they are to him and just puts on that arrogant character for TV and to build up PPV fights, unlike Silva.

Anderson is not as nice and innocent as some of his interviews would have you believe. Some might say he is liar... hmmmm :)

WAR SONNEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hopefully some of Sonnen's fan interaction skills will rub off on Punk :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I ****ing love Sonnen. Hope he does the biz this weekend.

523683_10151069207996276_1868294129_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Here comes Silva and SEAGAL coming out to a song only black people could come out to.

Advertisement