Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

€15 on Muniain anytime scorer. 11/4. Classy young player in good form. Scored last week too and won a few bob on him. Here's hoping.

Followed you on that, small stakes, mainly for interest. Thanks.

Also got a bit on Atletico Madrid later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Bilbao over 1.5 goals
    Udinese vs Twente bts
    hannover vs liege bts
    over. 3.5 psv valencia

5er on. done with betting untl i get a job if this loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

city -1
    udinese
    shcalke treble for me tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

2 singles

Man united +3 corner handicap 10/11

Man City win to nil 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Just for the craic...
    That's why it's called gambling :)
    [IMG]file:///Users/ennis/Desktop/Picture%203.jpg[/IMG]
    €15 on Bilbao/Lisbon double... roughly 19/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

f*ck sake. Ladbrokes too stingy to put up goalscorer markets in the Udinese game. Would have been all over Di Natale.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Feck sake . Only had a tenner in my atm a/c left and the machine by the bookies only goes down as low as 20 . I was going to do Bilbao ( - 1 ) , City ( -1 ) , Schalke ( - 1 ) , Hannover , Udinese , Metalist .

The odds were around 300 / 1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

shangri la wrote: »
    Overs double on the utd and hannover games at 2.82
    thats paddys weekend paid for.

Feck sake . Only had a tenner in my atm a/c left and the machine by the bookies only goes down as low as 20 . I was going to do Bilbao ( - 1 ) , City ( -1 ) , Schalke ( - 1 ) , Hannover , Udinese , Metalist .

The odds were around 300 / 1 .
    you won a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bykobap

Bykobap wrote: »
    Udine match 3+ goals 2.00
    Hannover 1.61
    Valencia to qualify 1.22
    Man Utd 5+ corners 2.10

e5 ~ 7/1 PP

Go Riki Go Riki...

Schalke match 4+ goals
    Besiktas match 3+ goals
    Man City

e5

• Advertisement

I HATE GAMBLING! I havent won since like September, last summer I had so much luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Polar101 wrote: »
    Over 2.5 in Athletic Club - Man Utd, 1.76. Both teams will probably score so it should be good..

and over 6.5 for fun, 26.5 (small stake obviously).

No bets on the other matches for now, maybe some live betting on the late games.

Going to contradict myself and have some of City -2 at 2.70 after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Bilbao to score 2+ goals was 11/10 last night with PP and Boyles, now 1/1 with PP and 10/11 with Boyles

Provided Llorente gets the go ahead I will definitely be on this.

Delighted :) Bilbao could have had about 10 goals :D Scoreline flattered United so much to anyone who wasn't watching

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Have money on Bilbao @ 7/4 from last week already.

Atleti @ Evens

One down. 50 euros on Bilbao, bit more on Atleti. Please come through :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

I'm thinking of having a good size bet on this.Wolves are in freefall.They are lacking quality allover the pitch.Lost their last three home games.They have lost four of their last six by at least 2 goals.United have won there last four in the league including two away wins of which a 3-1 win to spurs was impressive.I know 1-3 is tight or 4-11 but i really think this is a shoe in.I'm going backing straight win,-1 and -2.I'm also going in with Rooney has on a great streak on a seperate bet.In last years fixture Wolves pulled off a shock but I can't see them coming near Man U this time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    My bet for tomorrow:

1 Goal (both teams to score) Athletic Bilbao v Man Utd @1.50
    2 Goal (both teams to score) Hannover 96 v Standard Liege@1.80
    3 Goal (both teams to score) PSV v Valencia @1.53
    4 Klaas-Jan Huntelaar Schalke v FC Twente (To Score Two or More Goals) @4.33

Works out around @18

**** you Standard.
    1 lousy goal messing this up

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I HATE GAMBLING! I havent won since like September, last summer I had so much luck!
    accumulators are mug bets. Try singles for the rest of the season and you will have better results.

How to build up tho? Ive no part time job so only have like 150 euro to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I have a small stake on Metalist DNB @ 2.70, I still think they're a much better team than what they showed in the first leg.

what a night with Man City winning as well (had them in an accum)!

I'm delighted for Metalist, I continue to think they'll win the Europa League this year especially with the two Manchester teams out.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I have a small stake on Metalist DNB @ 2.70, I still think they're a much better team than what they showed in the first leg.

Great call .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

useurename wrote: »
    I'm thinking of having a good size bet on this.Wolves are in freefall.They are lacking quality allover the pitch.Lost their last three home games.They have lost four of their last six by at least 2 goals.United have won there last four in the league including two away wins of which a 3-1 win to spurs was impressive.I know 1-3 is tight or 4-11 but i really think this is a shoe in.I'm going backing straight win,-1 and -2.I'm also going in with Rooney has on a great streak on a seperate bet.In last years fixture Wolves pulled off a shock but I can't see them coming near Man U this time.

I think alot of people will be thinking the same, last team Wolves will want to come up against is United! Wolves couldn't manage a goal at home to Blackburn (the worst defence in the league)

As long as Rooney is passed fit after taking a knock tonight I will probably join you with the -1 and -2. Possibly Rooney 2+ @ 12/5 and HT @ 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bykobap

Partizan
    Vojvodina
    Zvezda-1
    Real-2
    e5 ~9/1
    Udine match 3+ goals 2.00
    Hannover 1.61
    Valencia to qualify 1.22
    Man Utd 5+ corners 2.10

e5 ~ 7/1 PP
    Go Riki Go Riki...

Schalke match 4+ goals
    Besiktas match 3+ goals
    Man City

e5

Well call me butter because i am on a roll

PP still thinking whether Man Utd had 4 or 5 corners and aren't paying out... yet

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Have money on Bilbao @ 7/4 from last week already.

Atleti @ Evens

Needed that. 50 on Bilbao as mentioned before. Those on Twitter might have seen I had close to 100 quid on Atleti. So a very good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Infor any thoughts on Vitesse Arnhem vs Heracles Almelo

Nice odds on the home team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

EdenHazard wrote: »
    How to build up tho? Ive no part time job so only have like 150 euro to play with.

I'm in a similar situation. I started doing just singles a while back after getting sick of 5 out of 6 accumulators. Consistently making profit even if it is marginal most days. It is the best way to bet, you just have to force yourself to take a long term disciplined view.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Infor any thoughts on Vitesse Arnhem vs Heracles Almelo

Nice odds on the home team

Took this double last night:
    Vitesse to win/Sparta -1 AH @3.8

Vitesse should win this match and evens is generous imo.
    They dont have the greatest of forms but neither does Heracles.
    Vitesse just has a few players more that can decide matches in Bony and Havenaar. The latter is not a good choice for goalscorer before kick off as he most likely starts on the bench.

Edit: Heracles might also be more busy with their next match, Cup semi-final vs AZ. Only next thursday this will be played but it would be a huge succes for a club like heracles to make the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'm in a similar situation. I started doing just singles a while back after getting sick of 5 out of 6 accumulators. Consistently making profit even if it is marginal most days. It is the best way to bet, you just have to force yourself to take a long term disciplined view.

The other option, particularly if you keep hitting the crossbar with 4 or 5 out of 6, is to include trebles or fourfolds in your bet. Speaking personally I've only ever had one 6 sixfold come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

So had €15 on Shalke to go through last night at 11/8 so came back at €35, so now gona blow it all on stupid accumulators, what do people think:

€5 on the following:

Wales Over France - 2/5
    Scotland Over Italy - 4/6
    Real Madrid Over Malaga - 1/5
    Liverpool Over Stoke - 2/5
    Celtic Over Kilmarnock - 1/3
    Barcelona Over Sevilla - 2/5
    Man Utd Over Wolves - 1/3
    Chelsea Over Leicester - 2/7
    Marseilla Over Dijon - 2/5
    Everton Over Sunderland - 10/11
    Tottenham Over Bolton - 3/10
    Crossmaglen over Garrycastle - 2/9
    Dublin Over Down - 2/7
    Kildare Over Louth - 2/7
    Kilkenny Over Dublin - 1/6
    Tipperary Over Waterford - 1/8

Comes in at 115/1 - so realistically not a snowballs chance in hell but said I'd make a stupid bet ateast.

Also gona put the balance of what I get back on the following:

Man Utd Over Wolves - 1/3
    Wales Over France - 2/5
    Kilkenny Over Dublin - 1/6
    Tipperary Over Waterford - 1/8
    Real Madrid Over Malaga - 1/5
    Crossmaglen over Garrycastle - 2/9

Works out at 3.5 roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Nidot wrote: »
    Comes in at 115/1 - so realistically not a snowballs chance in hell but said I'd make a stupid bet ateast.

That means there's over a 99% chance that it'll go wrong. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Accums always look good before the off - but speaking as someone who lost out on a good few grand a year or 2 back when Rubin Kazan beat Barcelona at home to spoil an 8 fold .. ya never know .. first accum is a bit OTT in fairness but stranger things have happened .. look at the stable lad 1.2 million the richer today :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement