Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tank Vs Car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Tank Wins

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11645219/British-tank-crushes-German-teenage-learners-car.html

potd-tank-v-car_3326168b.jpg

"The car was completely flattened forward of the steering wheel"

"The tank was not damaged"

Just wait till Volkswagen get their hands on this... Tank v Polo, Polo wins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Would be an epic ad, and an epic win for VW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Funny looking polo ;)

Ah I see what you mean, make an add where a polo wins. Slow morning!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Interslice wrote: »
    Funny looking polo ;)

I think he means the VW marketing dept.

They would create their own version where the car was a Polo and not an Auris, and the Polo would win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Judging by the color of that back door, not the first time that car was in the wars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

How did she not see or hear a tank coming before she did this?... Not one tank but a whole column of military vehicle's....

I'll say no more.

http://news.sky.com/story/1494560/british-tank-flattens-learner-drivers-car

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jimgoose likes this. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

How did she not see or hear a tank coming before she did this?... Not one tank but a whole column of military vehicle's....

I'll say no more.

http://news.sky.com/story/1494560/british-tank-flattens-learner-drivers-car

Hard to spot anything when the radio is blaring and your eyes are glued to a phone screen. I'd like to see police confiscating phones during incidents with heavy goods vehicles to identify phone activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 devwa

She may be more attentive the next time.

If it had been a motorbike instead of a tank, story would have been completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

That'll buff out ...

Check out the length of the Skid Marks ... must have been right on top of her when she pulled out.

polizei-lippe-pol-lip-augustdorf-glueck-im-unglueck

Also, I don't get what they mean by learner driver....... it's not a learner car.

Wonder if it was the same guy :P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2949078/A-lessons-maybe-Tank-belonging-British-Army-driving-school-crashes-house-Germany.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Wonder where they got the 12k repair estimate from? Or do they simply mean the car is a write off...
    Id.love to see the insurance form for the claim :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Id love to get a proper view of the junction from where they pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

That'll buff out ...

Check out the length of the Skid Marks ... must have been right on top of her when she pulled out.

I am not sure a tank would leave skidmarks...if the treads can actually lock up (which I doubt!), they'd be literally ripping the road apart :)

I guess the marks are actually filler put in to absorb every kind of fluid that shoot out of the car. Think what happens if you flatten a bug...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kavanada

"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!!"

Some rubber skid mark from the cars front left.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aus dem Weg - hier kommt ein Arschloch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Well it being camouflaged she was unlikely to see it and he must have been tanking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    I am not sure a tank would leave skidmarks...if the treads can actually lock up (which I doubt!), they'd be literally ripping the road apart :)

I guess the marks are actually filler put in to absorb every kind of fluid that shoot out of the car. Think what happens if you flatten a bug...:D

They'll leave skids marks and tear up certain roads. Emergency stops on tanks are ridiculous. The American Abrams can go from 60mph to 0 in just over 10 feet. That's a 60 ton vehicle. Then again if you find yourself in a mine field you'll need to stop asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf6nmsOmXLA

Yip, they can stop quick. Wouldn't like to have been in this experiment, not sure if brave or foolish...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Just to debunk the skidmarks, the tank and car are actually pointed nose to nose, the turret is traversed to the rear when travelling so as to reduce the front overhang of the Gun.
    Yes, someone has been watching lotsnlotsa tank videos recently!

Advertisement