Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Laguna No longer available ?

• 20-02-2012 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Have Renault pulled the Laguna from the Irish market? I read an article that they have withdrawn it from uk market along with 5 other models due to poor sales.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, the Laguna III was a poor seller for them, not just in Ireland. They have rescructured their passenger vehicle line up across Europe also and axed other poor selling models including the Wind and Modus. The only Lagunas I've seen since 2011 have all been dealer pre-registered or demos.

Apparently the Laguna's successor will be a crossover vehicle presumably based on the next generation Nissan Qashqai.

Renault's track record with small SUV type yokes is hardly brilliant either. Anyone remember this yoke, the Koleos:

media?xwm=y&id=12166394&width=400&height=300

Or the Scenic RX4:
    media?xwm=y&id=dd2ef8e0-5029-4c23-ac69-fa1b08ba7445&width=400&height=300

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Koloes (theres a current one) is a reskinned X-trail but much nicer place to be.

At least the X-Trail sold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bazz26 wrote: »
    At least the X-Trail sold though.

That was kinda my point though. The people buying x-trails really should have been buying Koleos's's's''s's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

In fairness they could have sold one RX4 and the resounding success of the Scenic itself would have carried them through. The RX was simply a spin off its success.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Its still on their Irish website starting @ €22k

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its still on their Irish website starting @ €22k

Bill Cullen had an ad in the Indo for an "Irish" edition for €34k

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭GusGus

Well it may be going soon butyou can still buy in Ireland. They sold 67 in Jan 2012 and only 30 in Jan 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Does anyone really care if the Laguna disappears?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mechanics will feel the pinch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Saw a 2012 one of these throughout the week in Dublin...:confused:

2012-renault-laguna-coupe-facelift-unveiled-gets-leds_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭maddness

Cicero wrote: »
    Saw a 2012 one of these throughout the week in Dublin...:confused:

2012-renault-laguna-coupe-facelift-unveiled-gets-leds_3.jpg

I think that is a cracking looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I am shocked and stunned, and not a little amazed. I think I speak for all those who ever saw/drove/fell over a Renault Laguna when I say that it was, above all else... a car. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Does anyone really care if the Laguna disappears?

I had a 94 2.0 RTE, she was a gorgeous car, until it was written off in an accident. Very comfortable cruiser, replacing clutch was expensive, but that was about all that went wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The Koloes (theres a current one) is a reskinned X-trail but much nicer place to be.

Was it not based on something called a Samsung?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

I'v a 2 year old Laguna coupe (same as the one pictured previously) and I love it. Obviously I'm a 'bit' biased, but i honestly think it looks pretty damned sexy......and I'v had nothing but compliments since I got it. (Cos I drive it) I always notice when I see one...and Ive only ever seen two others in Dublin. (neither as nice as mine, of course!) Not sure why it never took off (maybe the price band), though I cant say I dont mind. Probably why it gets a few double looks every now and then.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i always liked the laguna. when i was young renaults were always the cars i loved. loved the way they were always a bit more modern than anything else at the same time. really loved the very first renault laguna. diesel of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

whiterebel wrote: »
    I had a 94 2.0 RTE, she was a gorgeous car, until it was written off in an accident. Very comfortable cruiser, replacing clutch was expensive, but that was about all that went wrong with it.

Had a 96 one, it was a comfortable and decent looking bus but unreliable as anything. My mechanic used to dread any 94-00 Renault coming un needing the clutch doing as it was an absolute nuisance of a job.

The current generation Laguna is/was fairly dreary compared to its competition, not helped by that horrible 1.5 diesel lump they put in it. The Coupe is gorgeous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Renault have pulled it from the market .

just saw this - seems they are still pumping a bit of money into it here!!

(May I add, that Im not a regular reader of the Cork News)!!

http://thecorknews.ie/articles/barry-hits-road-new-renault-laguna-coupe-gt-4512

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Last time I was in a Renault dealership they had the coupe on display, both versions are still on the Renault Ireland website and also link to it via Bill Cullens site.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

, not helped by that horrible 1.5 diesel lump they put in it. .

Do you mean the smooth, low CO2, economical and reliable 1.5dci?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

The Folks have the same 1.5dci in their qashqui. Smooth, hmm its certainly better then a 1.9tdi etc, but nothing to shout home about, fairly noisy on coldstarts etc. The fuel economy is very average also, about 44mpg, its too small an engine for vehicles the size of a Qashqui/Laguna.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

Interesting, I drove a Qashqui once and found that it was a bit viby at idle as well, maybe it's down the to installation, but it's smooth and whisper quite at cruise and gives 50mpg in our Megane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Renault have pulled it from the market and are putting all their money on electric cars. They seems to think that your average joe wants a car that goes about 60/80km on a charge,takes 7 hours to recharge and costs as much as a house.

But its ok as the next breakthrough in battery technology is "just" around the corner.

They're selling them a helluva lot cheaper then the Leaf though. Cheap enough for me to consider buying a Twizy new.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

no, the slow and noisy one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Confab wrote: »
    They're selling them a helluva lot cheaper then the Leaf though. Cheap enough for me to consider buying a Twizy new.

Is it true you have to "rent" the battery from Renault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

166man wrote: »

AFAIK it was.

Same as the big saloon they offer in France which was also some sort of Samsung. Even the French won't buy it

Pics here

http://www.automobilesreview.com/pictures/2011-renault-latitude/

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Yea and its 70 pounds in the UK.

Is that per week, per month or per year? I'm sure it will be much dearer here:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

johnos1984 wrote: »
    166man wrote: »

AFAIK it was.

Same as the big saloon they offer in France which was also some sort of Samsung. Even the French won't buy it

Pics here

http://www.automobilesreview.com/pictures/2011-renault-latitude/

Clarkson once said something along the lines of the French manufacturers all making something in the executive car sector. They know that nobody will ever buy one but Sarkozy has to have something French to step out of when he goes overseas.

In saying that though, I think the French government has a stretched Citroën SM for VIPs which is nothing but class.

Advertisement