Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FF Continuing to waste taxpayers money in death

• 27-02-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

What the hell does Dick Roche expect to achieve by requesting a recount in wicklow, appart from continuing to waste our taxpayer money..... get over it man.....you're gone.... so what fitzgerald lasted longer ! who cares.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Am i being too blunt in suggesting that, apart from the fact that he is perfectly entitled to ask for a recount, as is any other candidate, that maybe he thinks he has a chance of holding his seat? It's unlikely that he will, but it's not impossible, plenty of candidates from other parties have requested recounts in the last 24 hours too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Silly post. Did you criticise Labour for calling a recount for Dún Laoghaire?

Candidates have a right to call a recount under certain circumstances - I would like that right to be respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

While I'm all for having a go at FF, in this case I have no issue with Roche's call for a recount. In the interests of democracy our electoral system must be seen to be open, transparent and fair. If that means a full recount, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Of course this happens and it's a right as you suggest... But Roache's chances seem long lost... can't help percieving this as pig-headedness....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Roche is a long way behind, its clutching at straws to demand a re-count. Hope it backfires big time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

DI Dwyer wrote: »
    Of course this happens and it's a right as you suggest... But Roache's chances seem long lost... can't help percieving this as pig-headedness....

He could conceivably do it, depends how many FF transfers he gets. Personally i would prefer to see Donnelly elected, but he is entitled to the recount.

You'd have to wonder why they ran a second candidate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mushy wrote: »
    Hope it backfires big time.

How thats? Are you even more not a TD if the count comes off worse than the first time you didnt get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

DI Dwyer wrote: »

Have to agree,the recount would have to find a huuge difference on first preference and tranfer votes for Roche to stand any chance of getting a seat.
    After Count 7 he is about 2,500 votes behind the guy in fifth place.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Fianna Fail bashing.... soon to be Fine Gael bashing in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How thats? Are you even more not a TD if the count comes off worse than the first time you didnt get in?

If the gap between himself and Fitzgerald is actually bigger. Make a mockery of his excuse for this re-count.

• Advertisement
Advertisement