Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carparking for U2 gig?

• 16-06-2005 7:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if its slightly O/T.
    Being a Kildare culchie i know most landmarks and how to get there in the big smoke but thats it,i need to know of a safe place to park my car for the Saturday show.
    Reason im driving is i have my 4 and a half month pregnant wife with me and buses are leaving eally early for the show.
    Im thinking of getting there bout 4-5 pm.
    Anyone know of a good carpark please,id appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Are you looking for free parking or paided parking?

You can't go wrong with the multistory in the IFSC/Marlbourough Street for paid parking off street.

http://www.dcba.ie/files/documents/car_park_post_card_north_city_mar_04.pdf

However I'd recommend parking (if you can get it) in and around the Cat and Cage in Drumcondra, or even Clonliffe College if you can get in there. That way your a ten minute walk from the car and have easy access to the M50 for the trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Or as an option you could park in the Red Cow (Moran's hotel) car park and then just get the Luas into town?
    It would be handy for you considering you are coming from Kildare.

B.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys,what time does the luas stop running at?
    Will we still get luas after concert?
    Im fine with paying ofcourse :)
    Am i right in saying them carparks near Talbot street in the map are close to store street station which in turn is not far from croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dcully wrote:
    Thanks guys,what time does the luas stop running at?
    Will we still get luas after concert?
    http://www.luas.ie/

Red Line
    Operating hours are as below:

Monday to Friday from 5.30 until 00.30. Our trams start at 5.30am and will run every 20 minutes up to 7.00am. Trams will run at a frequency of every 7.5-10 minutes at peak times.

Saturdays from 6.30 until 00.30. The first tram to Leave Connolly station on Saturday mornings is 7.00am.

Sundays and Public Holidays from 7.00 until 23.30.

Dcully wrote:
    Am i right in saying them carparks near Talbot street in the map are close to store street station which in turn is not far from croker?
    Yes on both accounts. But I'd be careful about trying to get a parking space so close to Croke Park on the day of the gig. There'll be a lot of people just like yourself looking for spaces.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Train might be a good idea....

Kildare, Newbridge or Celbridge to Heuston by train

Heuston to Connolly by Luas

Connolly to Drumcondra by train

dont know how timetables work around the gig, but check out http://www.irishrail.ie for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

does the luas go close to croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Terminus is Connolly Station which is about 10 minutes walk.
    I wouldn't park my car anywhere near Croker for a Sunday game, let alone a nightime gig+ you will find it very hard to get parking anywhere near the ground. If you can park it near a Luas line, do it, will save you plenty of time trying to find a space in town.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Red cow sounds good but what time can we expect gig to go on till?
    Im sure there be time to get luas back to car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

train from maynooth to Drumcondra station is a good bet, problem is gettingback..last train to maynooth from drumcondra is 22:40. only takes a half hour though so thats a good time!

Advertisement