Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Garda Uniform

• 27-04-2015 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Did anyone spot the new sleeveless hi-vis the woman Garda had on her in last Thursday's Paramedic show on TV3 ?

It had compartments built into it for pepper spray and notebook etc. looked very professionally! Are these new for the Gards ?

Comments

I'd say it was the members own purchase. Nothing that handy is available to all members.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 2015dude

Bm201589 wrote: »
    Did anyone spot the new sleeveless hi-vis the woman Garda had on her in last Thursday's Paramedic show on TV3 ?

It had compartments built into it for pepper spray and notebook etc. looked very professionally! Are these new for the Gards ?

In what scene was it in the show ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I'd imagine she might have got it from a pal whose in Dog Unit or the Mounted Unit ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

D Trent wrote: »
    I'd imagine she might have got it from a pal whose in Dog Unit or the Mounted Unit ??

Or on a pushbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

It's not a pedal cycle jacket.

Two possibilities; one is she is piloting a new piece of kit that is possibly coming in near future or secondly (and more likely) personal purchase and stitched Garda tag onto it and gets away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

It's not a pedal cycle jacket.

Two possibilities; one is she is piloting a new piece of kit that is possibly coming in near future or secondly (and more likely) personal purchase and stitched Garda tag onto it and gets away with it.

It could have just been

392011-electric-picnic-music-festivals-10-624x500.jpg

garda1-630x472.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

2015dude wrote: »
    In what scene was it in the show ?

Accident in wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

redout wrote: »
    It could have just been

The item shown in the pictures by D Trent and the jacket in your pictures are completely different. She has a netting type singlet slipped over a fleece jacket. While the bike jacket is a full protective jacket with stab vest plates inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Seems to be something very like this
    This one is a EMS version but looks something like it with the pouches at the front this on is this one is from sp services I'd say she picked one up herself and added badges most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Interesting pic of a motorway checkpoint on M7 with RSA and Customs.
    Note the Hi-Viz Armed Garda uniform.

Also notice the member who took a scissors to his regular Hi-Viz......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

D Trent wrote: »
    Interesting pic of a motorway checkpoint on M7 with RSA and Customs.
    Note the Hi-Viz Armed Garda uniform.

Also notice the member who took a scissors to his regular Hi-Viz......

The RSU High Vis as sucj as armed gardai at checkpoints are meant to red bibs so I say the powers that issued these for checkpoints as the last thing the probably want is a claim from some fella who may have got knocked down who may argue the point that they weren't issued the appropriate PPE.. at the end of the day tis all about arse covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

rocky911 wrote: »
    The RSU High Vis as sucj as armed gardai at checkpoints are meant to red bibs so I say the powers that issued these for checkpoints as the last thing the probably want is a claim from some fella who may have got knocked down who may argue the point that they weren't issued the appropriate PPE.. at the end of the day tis all about arse covering.

Are there official issue jocks for arse covering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

crusier wrote: »
    Are there official issue jocks for arse covering?

Only for the rank of Superintendent and up ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

A friend of mine in AGS told me about this a few weeks ago, said they are piloting a new uniform in selected areas including new high vis stab vests, didnt see the programme, wonder if she was in one of the new pilot sites?

There is no decision on a uniform yet and no pilot taking place at the moment.

Advertisement