Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ambulance Driver & Paramedic Training

Options
  • 21-05-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hello, I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction on where i may find information and/or apply for a course on training for ambulance services?

Also what would the possible occupations be available to someone with EMT training?
    Any information on the matter would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Hello, I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction on where i may find information and/or apply for a course on training for ambulance services?

Also what would the possible occupations be available to someone with EMT training?
    Any information on the matter would be appreciated.

Some friendly advice, lose the ambulance driver term, it is antiquated and only serves to cause offence to some, many will pull the shutters down on a person who uses that title believing they are ill informed and have not bothered to research the role or title of Paramedic.

To train as a Paramedic and work with an emergency ambulance setting, this is only done through the National Ambulance Service, Dublin Fire Brigade and the Irish Defence Forces. Recruitment is through competition and one can only apply when the competitions are advertised.

There are a lot of EMT's in Ireland, many looking for work, others have the title through their voluntary ambulance group and are happy to keep to that. Others work for private companies, there are plenty of 'pros and cons' threads here about employment opportunities in private companies. A person with an EMT qualification may apply for, when advertised, Intermediate Care Operative positions in the National Ambulance Service' patient transport service.

The best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

You could look into joining up with one of the Volunteer services - Order of Malta springs to mind. They often provide event first aid/ambulance cover and there might be a lot for you to learn there.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

PeteK* wrote: »
    Do drivers get paid more?
    (During a shift if they're driving)

Best troll ever.

Advertisement