Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Note 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Any update on release in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Only O2 have posted their pricing for the Note 3.

Expecting it to ship any day now from them and others, but sadly Three have yet to post any pricing details for it and for some odd reason they always wait until the day before release to announce anything, which is really annoying.

I have already ordered mine, was waiting to see what three had to offer, but alas they took too long. Looking forward to when it arrives.

Has anyone else ordered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Thor wrote: »
    Only O2 have posted their pricing for the Note 3.

Expecting it to ship any day now from them and others, but sadly Three have yet to post any pricing details for it and for some odd reason they always wait until the day before release to announce anything, which is really annoying.

I have already ordered mine, was waiting to see what three had to offer, but alas they took too long. Looking forward to when it arrives.

Has anyone else ordered it.

What are they pricing it at :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

as per Thor, O2 seem to be the only ones with prices available

I've been waiting for this phone for a while too - have the original Note & coming to the end of my contract

I've compiled a "cost calculator" in excel to get an idea of total cost over the length of the contract and took a screenshot - hope the maths are correct

NB - the prices are based on my selecting "Switch your number to O2" - current users may get different prices ?

also bear in mind that the Prepay price for the phone is €659.99 :eek:

What are they pricing it at :confused:

Not sure on bill pay, but it's €659 on prepay. Got it for €527.99 with the priority discount deal as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

O2's bill pay prices for the phone are ridiculous! Give 'em €55 a month for 18 months and they're still charging nearly €500 for the phone upfront?! Get stuffed!

Three have a register interest page set up.

http://www.three.ie/shop/phones/coming-soon/register-for-galaxy-note-3.html

Pricing will prob be dependant on how many interested they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Not sure on bill pay, but it's €659 on prepay. Got it for €527.99 with the priority discount deal as well.

fair play Thor....I always forget about this :rolleyes:
    I got this and €50 credit....happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

the release date is 7 hours away & no one else releasing prices yet ???

according to sammobile Irish networks will have the LTE (4G) version:

SM-N9005 – Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE
    - CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)
    - GPU: Adreno 330
    - RAM: 3 GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B – 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit)

the networks listed are as follows, not sure if the first is a generic country code?

Ireland TSI
    Ireland (Meteor) MET
    Ireland (O2) O2I
    Ireland (Three) 3IE
    Ireland (Vodafone) VDI

O2 have just said there was a delay until next week, even though I confirmed with O2 a few hours ago that the order was received in the warehouse.

Not really sure what is going on, but with Three not posting their details me their launch isn't tomorrow at least. It's possible everywhere in Ireland is being delayed but I doubt it.

• Advertisement

I was just onto O2 again to ask about my order as I was being told two different things.

He checked and confirmed it was in the warehouse and would be delivered by Friday. Really not sure what is going on with O2 and if there is actually a delay.

Here is to hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Is this priority discount to do with their priority moments or something else? Looked at the priority moments deals but couldn't see the note 3 listed

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anitajinks

Was at the ploughing today. Samsung had a note 3 on display , I had a quick play with it. loved it .:D

lemeister wrote: »
    Is this priority discount to do with their priority moments or something else? Looked at the priority moments deals but couldn't see the note 3 listed

Yeah, it's the 20-percent off on upgrades. It's an O2 Priority moments discount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Anitajinks wrote: »
    Was at the ploughing today. Samsung had a note 3 on display , I had a quick play with it. loved it .:D
    They had a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at the Ploughing Championship?
    That's like having a Condom Machine at Comic con!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I ordered mine yesterday from handtec, was the cheapest place I could find with no upgrades available. Not sure exactly when I'll receive it but probably haven't done myself any favours by requesting the S view cover be shipped with it -God knows when that will be available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Any idea if the prepay version will be locked to it's network?
    At the moment it looks like the cheapest option if it's sim free.

lafors wrote: »
    Any idea if the prepay version will be locked to it's network?
    At the moment it looks like the cheapest option if it's sim free.

"Usually" the first phones out are not network locked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

markad1 wrote: »
    "Usually" the first phones out are not network locked

Well if someone wants to take the risk buy one, let us know how you get on ;)

lafors wrote: »
    Well if someone wants to take the risk buy one, let us know how you get on ;)

Just so a network unlock code check on the phone before leaving the shop.

Granted, this can't be done buying online, but a bricks and mortar shops shouldn't have a problem with this.

• Advertisement

See O2 has changed it's date...

http://www.o2online.ie/shop/view/product/ql_catalog/catdevice/N9005

The Galaxy Note 3 is expected to arrive the week commencing the 30th September. :(

markad1 wrote: »
    See O2 has changed it's date...

http://www.o2online.ie/shop/view/product/ql_catalog/catdevice/N9005

The Galaxy Note 3 is expected to arrive the week commencing the 30th September. :(

Yeah. I think Samsung pushed the date back. At least in Ireland.

Three haven't posted their pricing which suggests they are a few days out as well.

I did confirm with two separate reps at o2 that they had the stock in the warehouse. So this is not a real delay, but rather them pushing the launch date.

Still a little annoyed they would push it for real reason, or at least one they are telling us.

Okay, I got of the phone from O2 and they are in fact still waiting for the stock to arrive into the warehouse, the warehouse has the orders but they are still awaiting the stock to arrive.

I was told they were expecting the stock next week and will be shipping orders out as they were ordered, so the earlier you have pre-ordered the higher on the list for shipping you are.

No something a little more annoying is that the people in the warehouse told her to tell me to expect delivery by the second week of October. We are now going to two weeks delay.

I know they have the 20-percent discount, but being told two days after ordering that it would be next week and now be told it might even be the week after that, is very disappointing to say the least.

In other news, apparently any Note 3 purchased in Europe will only work with mobile operators in Europe. Not really sure why the hell they would implement this type of restriction and why it's only being announced now, but Samsung will get a lot of heat for that choice.

I posted about it shortly ago.

http://geektech.ie/index.php/european-version-of-samsungs-galaxy-note-3-reported-to-not-work-outside-of-europe/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

In other news, apparently any Note 3 purchased in Europe will only work with mobile operators in Europe.[/url]

Bye bye my interest in purchasing the N3. I do a bit of travel to Asia on business and always purchase a PAYG sim on arrival in a new country as VF's roaming rates are punitive.

What an odd decision.

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Bye bye my interest in purchasing the N3. I do a bit of travel to Asia on business and always purchase a PAYG sim on arrival in a new country as VF's roaming rates are punitive.

What an odd decision.

Ben

Exactly, while i don't do a lot if any real travelling outside of Europe. I can imagine a lot of would be Note 3 users would do, considering how business focused the device is on top of everything else.

The fact they didn't announce this before the launch is probably the stupidest thing they could have done besides actually doing it in the first place.

So many people import their phones from the UK to Australia and the US and now this happens. I do believe it will be easy to remove said restriction(I would say chanfire will look into it), but again it should never have been there in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

We're not alone waiting in the dark. The folk on Vodafone UK forums seem mighty peeved with how they dont have an answer on Note 3 stock.

Check out the latest page here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

O2 website: 18 month contract at 55 a month and the phone costs 400!

F*ck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Dermighty wrote: »
    O2 website: 18 month contract at 55 a month and the phone costs 400!

F*ck that!

It's more than that - 470!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

They should be giving the phone free with a 24 month contract. What planet are these people living on !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I thought it was 400 for the phone and the rest was set up and the first bill.

That's extortionate, a 32gb iphone 5s probably wont cost that much!

Advertisement