Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

yabadabado wrote: »
    tbh if you didn't get paid today and your date was 23/5/12 there must be some problem with the claim.
    Maybe get MABS or citizens info to ring them on your be half or call to the local office they will also get the info for you.

You could also try sending them an email.

I was told before the best time to ring is around 4.00 to 4.30 as the phones are much quieter in the evening but dont try after 5.

Thanks Yabadabado you are a great help :), sent them an email , they rang me a little while ago and said that i will have my fis next Thursday, So happy i forgot to ask was there a problem... Don't care now anyway :o
    Will be sorted this day next week:)

jessiejam wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the email address is for the FIS office?
    What i did was went in on the Social Protection website went on the fis section and there is a general email thing on the page, this is what i used,
    you should find it no bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 deedot

hi , does anyone know if they have moved onto june renewals yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Got a letter from the appeals office this morning, stating that they had taken my points on board and for that reason have refferred it back to the FIS office to review the claim.

I'm shocked at how fast they processed it.
    Maybe nothing will come of it but it will have been worth the price of a stamp!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭broke1234

Hi due a call out to my house from the local inspector about my fis does any1 know what kind of questions they ask or will she want to look round my house or what will it involve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

broke1234 wrote: »
    Hi due a call out to my house from the local inspector about my fis does any1 know what kind of questions they ask or will she want to look round my house or what will it involve?

Do you know the reason they are calling ie income from rent/farm/self employment?

they usually contact you in advance and will let you know what documents they want to see.

I myself think im been inspected because I work for my mother and cause of the way things are i've had my wages cut so I reckon thats the problem cause i've never been inspected before.i've heard from the inspector saying she will call monday cause I called down in a panic cause maternity leave is suppose to start this wed but thats been held up as well because they want to make sure the right prsi is been paid for me and with my fis stopped as well its just a nightmare but she never said if she wanted to see any documents or will want to look round my house so im not sure what to expect.im in such a panic to get things sorted cause I cant stop working now until I get this mess sorted and dont want to have a lack of documents on my behalf holding things up further

I myself think im been inspected because I work for my mother and cause of the way things are i've had my wages cut so I reckon thats the problem cause i've never been inspected before.i've heard from the inspector saying she will call monday cause I called down in a panic cause maternity leave is suppose to start this wed but thats been held up as well because they want to make sure the right prsi is been paid for me and with my fis stopped as well its just a nightmare but she never said if she wanted to see any documents or will want to look round my house so im not sure what to expect.im in such a panic to get things sorted cause I cant stop working now until I get this mess sorted and dont want to have a lack of documents on my behalf holding things up further
    Working for a relative is the reason you are get inspected.Everyone who works for a relative is inspected but its usually when they apply first time,you might just have been missed or it only came to light this year.

Think I was inspected the first time I applied but sure maybe its just a routine check hopefully anyways

Think I was inspected the first time I applied but sure maybe its just a routine check hopefully anyways
    Its normal practice to be inspected on first time applications and then inspected every few years thereafter .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Don't panic over it. I got inspected once and he was a nice man. He only spent a few mins talking to me and I signed his form.

Thanks for all the help.fingers crossed all goes well monday cause been without my fis since may is just been such a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

My husband also works for a relative, our renewal was sent in to FIS in February and its with the Inspector since May, so I guess were in for a visit too??? This is our third year applying for Fis and its never taken this long:mad:

Ya this would be my 4th year applying for fis and never have I been waiting so long and 1st inspection since I first applied.the waiting time is so long but just hope once I get interviewed tomorrow by the inspector that it will be all sorted quickly!dont know if it will be sorted quickly but im praying it will be

Hope all goes well for you 2m broke1234, its a pain in the behind:mad: it' l nearly be time to reapply again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ajt1

Rang them this morning, still working on 31st May.

So mad waited all day for the inspector and she never bothered to call after promising she would call today

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

So mad waited all day for the inspector and she never bothered to call after promising she would call today

Ah no going mad for you. I wouldn't be waiting around for her to call anymore being honest. Did you ring and find out why she didn't call?

Goin to call down to social welfare first thing in the morning to see if shes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

namose wrote: »
    does anyone know what date their on now my renewal is july 22

There on the 31/5/12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Shazza 1982

Can't believe they are still on May :mad::mad::mad: My date is 27th June :(

Got sorted today, thanks to every one on here for all the support, My date was 23rd May.

Thats crazy broke 1234, I was unaware your prsi rate had any bearing on FIS, i thought it was based on the hours you work. Were stiil waiting to hear on ours too, almost 7 months now:mad:

I never heard of prsi classes having anything to do wit getting fis either.always thought fis was for people working 19hours and on a low income so I just dont understand this at all.just praying that I do get my fis because if I dont I cant see how im suppose to manage without it.waiting to know now what the story is just horrible.panic isnt the word especially with so many bills I have to pay

I never heard of prsi classes having anything to do wit getting fis either.always thought fis was for people working 19hours and on a low income so I just dont understand this at all.

FIS wont be paid on some PRSI classes and that has always been the case.Could also be that your employer is paying the wrong class for you and that will need to be investigated as well.

Do u know which prsi classes that would stop a person from getting fis?never heard of this before and wouldnt know much either about prsi classes

Do u know which prsi classes that would stop a person from getting fis?never heard of this before and wouldnt know much either about prsi classes

Class S is one and there are certain A classes that stop FIS being paid.There are a few more afaik.

Would you know what class ao would mean?

Would you know what class ao would mean?
    Looking back on your previous posts I see you work for a relative.I would guess that they are inspecting the employer to see that all is in order and that they are paying you the correct PRSi class and that you are an employee and dont have any part ownership of the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Gee wee

Hi my last fis payment was may 3rd I sent in renewal form early April does anyone know how much longer I would be waiting. Thanks for any replies

Advertisement