Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSLR Video Recording Settings Problem

• 01-01-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I recently made the upgrade to a Canon 600d for some video production. For the life of me I can't get quality of the footage right. Everything I shoot is grainy/noisy.

My fps is correct as is the White Balance. I think the problem is with the combination of the ISO and Aperture.

Any advice for me or some reading material that might help. I'm getting really frustrated that I can't get the full potential from the camera.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

If your footage is quite grainy your ISO setting might be the culprit alright. When filming using canon DSLRs it's best to keep the ISO at a multiple of 160 or as close as camera will allow.. And probably best not to go over the 800 mark on the 600d. If you need more light you might need to invest in some faster glass.

Look up Philip bloom or Vincent Laforet online, their blogs are great resources for filmmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

11811 wrote: »
    If your footage is quite grainy your ISO setting might be the culprit alright. When filming using canon DSLRs it's best to keep the ISO at a multiple of 160 or as close as camera will allow.. And probably best not to go over the 800 mark on the 600d. If you need more light you might need to invest in some faster glass.

Look up Philip bloom or Vincent Laforet online, their blogs are great resources for filmmaking.

Brilliant. Thanks a million for the reply. I'll have another go with the lower ISO settings and see how I get on. I reckon I had it to high. I have a 50mm and 18-55mm lens but their just the standard kit lens that come with the camera. They will do for now!

Plenty of reading material with the Bloom and Lafoet blogs too. Much appreciated.

Advertisement