Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American Football Ball?

• 20-07-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17 Ciaranfitz.22

Does anyone know where I can buy an official size american football ball in Dublin? I can't find them in stock anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Don't know about Dublin, but I ordered one from Amazon.com recently:
    Wilson F1100 Official NFL Game Football

Worked out at 60 euro delivered. I also checked UK sites at the time, and they were all 20 or 30 quid more expensive than Amazon, so I'd say if you did find one here, it'd be more expensive too.

If you don't mind waiting a week or two from delivery from the US, I'd go with Amazon. I have mine a few weeks now, great ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Does anyone know where I can buy an official size american football ball in Dublin? I can't find them in stock anywhere.

Did you check Argos? They sell this guy:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=the+duke&authToken=

You can check stock on the site too.

Alternatively, if that is a bit too pricey for you (it was for me) you can get a rubber Dunlop one, kind of similar material to a basketball, in those Heatons/Sports World shops (not sure if thats just in Carrickmines actually) for €5, it's this exact one:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/assorted-rubber-ball-800011

It looks pretty crap but it's actually a pretty sweet ball. Full size and very durable, I've thrown mine around concrete carparks with the lads and it's fine.

Your other option is Elverys, I know they sell the smaller size ones but can't be sure about full size.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

There's Dunlop American footballs in SportsWorld Drogheda also, usually in a big massive basket along with basketballs and volleyballs, each for a fiver. I've had one and they aren't too bad, certainly not as good a quality as the leather balls but you get what you pay for!

Elvery's do smaller footballs with team logos on them but they're only really a novelty thing

kingcobra wrote: »
    There's Dunlop American footballs in SportsWorld Drogheda also, usually in a big massive basket along with basketballs and volleyballs, each for a fiver. I've had one and they aren't too bad, certainly not as good a quality as the leather balls but you get what you pay for!

Elvery's do smaller footballs with team logos on them but they're only really a novelty thing

The rubber dunlop ones tear at the "stitching" part which ruins the grip after a while. Good for the money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

The rubber dunlop ones tear at the "stitching" part which ruins the grip after a while. Good for the money though.

You'd want to see the state of my dunlop ball now thanks to a couple of tears! :pac: But yeah you really do get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement